OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select AWD Rapid Red Metallic (03/10/23)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm in MN, too, but I am hoping to find out the cold weather specs on the latest LFPs before being asked to make a choice. Not sure how that's going to work, anyway (being asked). Will they contact me before my 4/17 Build Week and ask? Will there be any specs out before then? There are things to like and dislike about both battery types, but I would hope that there will be complete, accurate information upon which to base a decision before being asked to decide.
No one really knows yet on how battery selection will be done. I suspect it will be an option at the time of order. My guess is that orders already place will come with the NCM battery pack, but what do I know.

I want the NCM battery pack for its cold weather performance which I believe is superior to the LEP battery pack. You are right, Ford hasn't supplied any information on how they will implement the LEP and its spec's.

Just have to wait and see. But I believe my order is being build with the NCM battery pack ... Ford better not switch it I'm happy the way it is!
Sponsored

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
No one really knows yet on how battery selection will be done. I suspect it will be an option at the time of order. My guess is that orders already place will come with the NCM battery pack, but what do I know.

I want the NCM battery pack for its cold weather performance which I believe is superior to the LEP battery pack. You are right, Ford hasn't supplied any information on how they will implement the LEP and its spec's.

Just have to wait and see. But I believe my order is being built with the NCM battery pack ... Ford better not switch it I'm happy the way it is!
I figured the same - built with NCM. Well, if the week of 4/17 comes and goes and I haven't heard anything, I'll presume NCM was used. If it arrives with LFP, I'm still taking it unless information is released in the interim between build and delivery stating the new LFPs have horrible cold weather performance. If it's LFP and no information is released before it arrives, I'm going to be in a spot! I dearly hope that doesn't happen!

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I figured the same - built with NCM. Well, if the week of 4/17 comes and goes and I haven't heard anything, I'll presume NCM was used. If it arrives with LFP, I'm still taking it unless information is released in the interim between build and delivery stating the new LFPs have horrible cold weather performance. If it's LFP and no information is released before it arrives, I'm going to be in a spot! I dearly hope that doesn't happen!
I haven't gotten my build date yet.

PLEASE keep me informed on what happens to you!

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I haven't gotten my build date yet.

PLEASE keep me informed on what happens to you!
Will do! I'm thinking you should be getting your build week e-mail any time now.

maktas1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Focus Electric
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm in MN, too, but I am hoping to find out the cold weather specs on the latest LFPs before being asked to make a choice. Not sure how that's going to work, anyway (being asked). Will they contact me before my 4/17 Build Week and ask? Will there be any specs out before then? There are things to like and dislike about both battery types, but I would hope that there will be complete, accurate information upon which to base a decision before being asked to decide.

Yours will probably be NCM but it will be close

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On cold weather performance (NCM & LFP battery packs).

My car will mainly be used as a commuter car and plugged in most of the time as needed. There are two cold weather battery performance concerns I have that are important to me.
  • Need for a reliable starting car that on occasions can sit outside and have a cold soak in sub-zero weather and give me at least 50 miles without being plugged in for pre-conditioning.
  • Would also expect a plugged-in precondition car to have a cold weather range of at least 150 miles.
I believe I can achieve the above two points with a NCM battery pack. But I’m unsure of the LFP battery pack until Fords informs everybody about its implementation and specs for those packs.

65MustangBoy

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Anyone want to trade for my SR Premium ?

My NCM MME is still in Mexico since 2022.

Since I live in So Cal, I would love to get the LFP as I don't have winters and always charge to 100% as I do in my Lightning.

65MustangBoy

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder if the plant being down has something to do with the shipping delay. I would think they could still keep shipping cars regardless. And would want to do so to make room for upcoming production.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Looks like I have an answer to the LFP battery switch over. Seem like we will have a option to choose which battery pack we will want! YEA!!!

Looks like I'm happy with the order I have placed!

https://insideevs.com/news/653690/ford-mustang-mach-e-will-get-lfp-batteries-this-year-in-europe/
I think you misinterpreted this by poor reporting by the author of the article. In parallel with the GT, extended range etc. as those will have NCA. The standard trims are not going to allow you to pick which battery you want and will switch over to full on LFP

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think you misinterpreted this by poor reporting by the author of the article. In parallel with the GT, extended range etc. as those will have NCA. The standard trims are not going to allow you to pick which battery you want and will switch over to full on LFP
Could be misinterpreted by many, hearing it both ways. I want the NCM battery pack for my Select order placed on 1/3/23.

Since they will stop taking new orders for the Select and Premium trims on March 1st until May, I might get lucky and get the NCM battery pack before they make the switch over to the LFP packs. Maybe the swichover won't happen until the orders restart in May.

dystopiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Select
Country flag
I wonder if that means no production until then, or if they're reserving a week or two to get all the cars out that have been sitting there since 12/22...

Mine still shows "in production" as of 12/22. Two weeks ago, Ford assured me it was built and they weren't waiting for any other parts, and it would go to "awaiting shipping" status within a week or so. Clearly not... He also said that Ford has not given them any information about a supposed plant shutdown (when I asked), so it sounds like Ford is not giving the customer service people sufficient information to do their jobs.
Sponsored