No option to schedule updates or auto update, how to fix?

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
So I traded in my 2021 Mach -e Select for a 2022 Mach-e GT. I was setting it up, and there is no option to schedule software updates, or turn on auto updates. In the Ford Pass app it says that the auto updates are on, but there is no option in the car to change or to schedule. How do I fix that? Or is that a new thing? I'm on 3.5.2 still. When I go to software update, it just gives me the update details and that's it. No other options.

Also can't get the welcome lights to work to save my life. They worked great on my select.

20221012_112608.jpg
Sponsored

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Did you try hitting the orange up arrow next to the "Update Details" text?

Ours had that too when we took delivery because it got an update on transport. I just hit that arrow to dismiss it and the options were there.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you try hitting the orange up arrow next to the "Update Details" text?

Ours had that too when we took delivery because it got an update on transport. I just hit that arrow to dismiss it and the options were there.
I just tried....Nada. I was so hoping that would work. It didn't. I emailed my salesman and he said the same thing happened when he delivered one yesterday too. So that makes me feel a little better that maybe an update will fix it. It says my updates are on auto in the app. So hopefully they are.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Odd. I’m on 3.5.2 (OTA on my 2021 GT-PE). I have the scheduling option. Reboot Sync (vol-down and next track buttons on right side of steering wheel)? 🤷‍♂️🐩

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
My 2022 CA Route 1 has been this way since delivery.

Thus far it does not appear to have prevented me from getting OTA updates.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/software-update-vs-system-update.20705/#post-488368

It would appear that some MME have a menu option of Software Updates and no way to schedule or turn on/off automatic updates while others have a menu option of System Updates and options to schedule and turn on/off automatic updates.

My guess is that some of the cars have the wrong as built info. Something similar to the people that have a menu option related to diesel engines.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/latest-ota-update-adds-powerstroke-diesel-to-mach-e.22486/

Quality is obviously job 3 or 4.

Or perhaps in Ford's attempt to model themselves after Tesla they have copied the idea of no need for QA.

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
A different twist - I can access the schedule settings, but it wont save. I tap the Save button and it flashes like it knows it was hit, but nothing results. If I then Exit, it asks me if I want to save. Yes takes me back to the schedule screen with the inept Save button; No exits without saving. I haven’t tried a reset yet.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, I do feel a little better that it's not just me. When I got in the car I did notice that it got an update (the little box with the check), so I guess I shouldn't worry if it is getting them. Just weird that you can't change it.
Sponsored