Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
So we picked up our GTPE April 29th - originally ordered July 13. According to the window sticker, it is supposed to have the power lift gate - but others are telling me that it was deleted on the 22's. I didn't get anything off my sticker, and never got an email stating that they were removing it, and giving the the $300 ish dollars off the sticker.

So....is it true that 2022's don't have it? And if not, should I ask the dealer to reimburse what we paid for it? Not sure how to go about finding out who might have a good answer.

Help anyone?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
So we picked up our GTPE April 29th - originally ordered July 13. According to the window sticker, it is supposed to have the power lift gate - but others are telling me that it was deleted on the 22's. I didn't get anything off my sticker, and never got an email stating that they were removing it, and giving the the $300 ish dollars off the sticker.

So....is it true that 2022's don't have it? And if not, should I ask the dealer to reimburse what we paid for it? Not sure how to go about finding out who might have a good answer.

Help anyone?
Let me get this straight. You have your car in your possession, but you don't know if you have a power liftgate?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
You have a power liftgate. Does it not open when you hit the button? It’s the “kick to open” feature that was deleted for 2022 (though even that can be activated with FORScan on the early builds).

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Let me get this straight. You have your car in your possession, but you don't know if you have a power liftgate?
I'm not sure if you are being snarky....but yes. The car is in my possession....but for the life of me, I CANT get the power lift gate- kick to open - to work. I"m not a newb....I have a 21 premium, and it works pretty well on that one.

I have the right buttons selected in the settings....but can't get it to work. I asked elsewhere, and people told me that no 22's came with it. so now I'm confused.

edited to clarify that its the kick to open that doesn't work.

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
You have a power liftgate. Does it not open when you hit the button? It’s the “kick to open” feature that was deleted for 2022 (though even that can be activated with FORScan on the early builds).
Makes sense...as I can open via the app. So I guess my next question is - for those that got the reduction of $325ish....do they not have the power lift gate at all?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Makes sense...as I can open via the app. So I guess my next question is - for those that got the reduction of $325ish....do they not have the power lift gate at all?
The $325 reduction was for the lack of Park Assist. That’s unrelated.

If your liftgate opens with the app, you clearly have a power liftgate. What happens when you double click the button on the fob or press the button above the license plate?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
do they not have the power lift gate at all?
Terminology issues. Power lift gate does not equal hands free lift gate. On some 2021’s you can kick to open. On 2022 models, that hands free feature was removed due to supply chain issues. If you have a 2022 premium you still have power lift gate. Push one of the 3 buttons and it will open all by its lonesome. You just can’t kick your 2022 in the rear end and expect the lift gate to open.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not sure if you are being snarky....but yes. The car is in my possession....but for the life of me, I CANT get the power lift gate- kick to open - to work.
Now, this makes more sense. Power liftgate just means you press a button and it opens and closes. Hands-free is a different option.

I don't think the hands free liftgate was ever stated on the window sticker. Just if it was power.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Now, this makes more sense. Power liftgate just means you press a button and it opens and closes. Hands-free is a different option.

I don't think the hands free liftgate was ever stated on the window sticker. Just if it was power.
There’s a thread here ***somewhere*** where an aftermarket kit was installed by the owner on a 2022 to give the kick in the rear to open feature “back.” No idea how it works as my 2021 kick to open is as flaky as some folks PAAK.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There’s a thread here ***somewhere*** where an aftermarket kit was installed by the owner on a 2022 to give the kick in the rear to open feature “back.” No idea how it works as my 2021 kick to open is as flaky as some folks PAAK.
Thats’s not even required for the early 2022 builds. It just needs to be enabled with FORScan.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've had the kick operated hatch on 3 different vehicles. I never liked it and there was no way to disable it. I'm not going to miss it.

But I remember that thread. All they did was write a sensor into the button.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hands-free is stated on the 2021 stickers.

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag

Yeah. My bad....I was confusing the two. Thanks for clarifying.
Sponsored