61-21Stang

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Mustang, Chevy Avalanche, MME 4x
Country flag
I just checked mine at Ford shows no recall, NHTSA shows recall needed. Fix is just a software update, right? right? So Ford may know that the update was completed but not yet updated the VIN with NHTSA. My version is 2.7.4
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Well now I'm pissed off that the dealer just brushed me off like that lol. Are you getting replacement contactors or just the software update?
NO ONE IS GETTING REPLACEMENT CONTACTORS unless they have a failure, at least as of today.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Well now I'm pissed off that the dealer just brushed me off like that lol. Are you getting replacement contactors or just the software update?
Maybe try another dealership? When I called my local dealer, they did say that my car had the recall.

quartzcity

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Dark Matter Grey GT
Country flag
The build date on my GT is Feb 18 and like other folks Ford shows no recall, NHTSA shows recall needed.

OP
OP

nashbrydges

First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT performance
Country flag
As a follow-up, I did send Ford of Canada an email asking for details and despite the fact that Ford's own recalls page does not show my car with a recall, Ford's reply confirmed that it is indeed part of the recall and despite my question about how a software update can address a hardware fault without negatively impacting charging speeds or acceleration, this was their reply, which completely ignored my hardware related question (I've redacted names)...

Ford Mustang Mach-E No Recall On My 2022 MME 1657898543895

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
My March 2022 build did not have the recall in the FordPass app all the way up until last night, but this morning it is there now - could be a slow rollout. I'm guessing I may receive the OTA now since I'm "officially" marked as affected

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
My March 2022 build did not have the recall in the FordPass app all the way up until last night, but this morning it is there now - could be a slow rollout. I'm guessing I may receive the OTA now since I'm "officially" marked as affected
Same here.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
despite my question about how a software update can address a hardware fault without negatively impacting charging speeds or acceleration, this was their reply, which completely ignored my hardware related question
From everything I've read here, the software doesn't negatively impact charging speeds or acceleration because it doesn't do anything related to charging speeds or acceleration. It monitors the state of the contactors (by measuring impedance, it seems), and provides an alert when it detects a potentially problematic part. It doesn't impact charging, it only impacts acceleration if it detects a fault (which it totally should, so you can get to the dealer but won't blow out the contactor).

The software doesn't fix the hardware. It probably doesn't change the operation of the contactors. It doesn't fix PaaK, or headlights turning off, or wiper speeds, or anything else it's not intended to do. It's a monitoring system set to identify at-risk contactors. That's all. To expect anything else from it is to invite disappointment. To blame it for anything other than keeping your car from bricking unexpectedly is, it would appear, incorrect, since that's really all it's (probably) intended to do.

EDIT: The email reply you got is probably an auto-generated one, since the text exactly matches the text in the recall notice showing up in FordPass. I doubt the bot even registered the rest of your question.

Last edited:

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
As of today, I have this showing up on the Ford web site and the NHTSA:

Ford Mustang Mach-E No Recall On My 2022 MME 1657910330103

Ford Mustang Mach-E No Recall On My 2022 MME 1657910359464

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had an interesting convo with my dealer where they confirmed that my car is NOT included in the Ford recall for the battery terminal issue even though it was manufactured in Mexico within the impacted date range. Has anyone else been told this? My VIN does not show any recalls on the Ford site so I am inclined to believe them but was quite surprised.
Our build date was 03/23/2022 and I received a message on the Ford pass app for recall to take it to dealer or OTA update in Mid July
Sponsored