Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I know I'm pretty much just having a conversation with myself at this point, but figured I'll continue to post related nuggets here as I find them in case somebody is looking for similar info at some point in the future. As far as I can tell, none of this is documented anywhere.

I found an easier way to get to On-Demand. While listening to a regular SXM station, hit the button that says Related. That will pop up a screen with a Related Content tab and an Available Shows tab. Hit the Available Shows tab, and it will show you a list of On-Demand shows based on the channel you were listening to, and you can select a specific episode within each show.

1618084193248.png

Interestingly, when playing one of these On-Demand episodes, you can save it to a preset. I guess that's kinda cool, but it would be better if you could save a show to a preset instead of a specific episode. Once you've listened to that episode, you probably won't want it as a preset anymore. But it would be cool to have a preset for a show like Howard Stern Interviews to take me directly to the list of episodes to choose from.
This is very much 360L stuff and neat to see.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This is very much 360L stuff and neat to see.
Yeah, it’s actually really cool, though you would never know it was there without going to look for it. Another thing I noticed was when I was playing around with it in the garage, a message popped up saying it couldn’t find a satellite and asked if I want to stream from the Internet instead. I hit Yes, and it started playing live just as if it was coming from the sky.

Now if they would just add the ability to rewind and fast forward, I’ll be happy :)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Yeah, it’s actually really cool, though you would never know it was there without going to look for it. Another thing I noticed was when I was playing around with it in the garage, a message popped up saying it couldn’t find a satellite and asked if I want to stream from the Internet instead. I hit Yes, and it started playing live just as if it was coming from the sky.

Now if they would just add the ability to rewind and fast forward, I’ll be happy :)
I haven't missed FF/RW yet but I don't listen to a lot of talk either. For music it's not particularly important.

I don't remember the web player or app doing FF/RW, only skip. Do you have that ability in those cases (not asking about other cars)?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't missed FF/RW yet but I don't listen to a lot of talk either. For music it's not particularly important.

I don't remember the web player or app doing FF/RW, only skip. Do you have that ability in those cases (not asking about other cars)?
In the phone app, there’s a scrub bar that you can drag back or forward to any point. When I saw the scrub bar in the MME when listening to On-Demand content, I hoped that would be dragable or clickable, but it’s not.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Not sure if it will work, but did you try touching this bar or dragging your finger along it?

Ford Mustang Mach-E No Rew/FF with SiriusXM? 1618052518813

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure if it will work, but did you try touching this bar or dragging your finger along it?
Yup, that's the scrub bar I was referring to in my previous post. I was hopeful when I saw it, but it's not dragable or clickable, unfortunately.

TheOneAB

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Mustang GT, Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yup, that's the scrub bar I was referring to in my previous post. I was hopeful when I saw it, but it's not dragable or clickable, unfortunately.
Youve messed with the settings a lot for siriusXM. How do you switch back to Live in siriusXM? It seems mine is stuck on the streaming mode.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Youve messed with the settings a lot for siriusXM. How do you switch back to Live in siriusXM? It seems mine is stuck on the streaming mode.
You‘d think there would be a button for that, but I haven’t been able to find one. The only way I’ve found to return to a live channel while listening to on-demand is to change the channel and then change it back again. I really hope the SXM interface is a work in progress.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Some of the high channels (online like #7xx) say signal strength low when tuned in. What connection are these channels relying on?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some of the high channels (online like #7xx) say signal strength low when tuned in. What connection are these channels relying on?
If they’re streaming channels, it’s using cellular.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
If anyone can figure out how to get the Xtra channels (those are the streaming ones) please let me know! That is literally the ONLY use case I’ve found for CarPlay and there’s a major safety issue with CarPlay - when you’re using it, you disable the car’s built in ability to place emergency 911 calls!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
If anyone can figure out how to get the Xtra channels (those are the streaming ones) please let me know! That is literally the ONLY use case I’ve found for CarPlay and there’s a major safety issue with CarPlay - when you’re using it, you disable the car’s built in ability to place emergency 911 calls!
Aren't they way up the end of the numbers if you just keep scrolling over?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Aren't they way up the end of the numbers if you just keep scrolling over?
I’ve never figured out how to scroll channels sequentially. It just scrolls presets.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Just drag the bar of single icons to the left. It then switches to horizontal scroll mode, which is kind of stupid, but, whatever.. It takes a lot of dragging to get to the high channels though.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I’ve never figured out how to scroll channels sequentially. It just scrolls presets.
Nevermind. Figured it out. However, the highest “channel” is 80s/90s POP at 705 and it’s greyed out with “connectivity disabled”. That’s odd because, of course, I have all the connected car features enabled.
Sponsored