No Rew/FF with SiriusXM?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
That is odd. All access give you all the way up. Check with sirius to see what your preview is. I may have converted mine already.
Sponsored

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Nevermind. Figured it out. However, the highest “channel” is 80s/90s POP at 705 and it’s greyed out with “connectivity disabled”. That’s odd because, of course, I have all the connected car features enabled.
Weird. Mine goes up to some channels in the 900s, though I'm not sure if any of them are the Xtra channels you're looking for. By the way, you can also scroll the other way and it will go to the highest channel after counting down to 1.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Weird. Mine goes up to some channels in the 900s, though I'm not sure if any of them are the Xtra channels you're looking for. By the way, you can also scroll the other way and it will go to the highest channel after counting down to 1.
That’s how I got to the “highest” channel - by scrolling down from 1.
I guess I’ll have to ask a Ford Guide.
I’d really like to stop using CarPlay and pairmy phone with Bluetooth for the safety features.

Carini

First Name
Goose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Am I missing something or is there really no way to rewind and fast forward when listening to SiriusXM? There are skip buttons to skip to the beginning or end of a song, but that's not the same thing, and almost useless when listening to talk radio.

In my previous cars, I would pause Stern when making a phone call. Then when my call was done, I'd unpause and continue where I left off. In the MME, pause works fine, but after my call SXM is no longer paused and is back to Live. That's annoying, but at least I can rewind to get back to where I left off, right? Aparently not. This is pretty basic SXM functionality that's been around for years, but I don't see a way to do it in the MME.
Have you tried to use the favorite option? In my old car I could mark a band for instance and then every time they were on any station, it would notify me. I have marked certain bands but so far it has never alerted me that they are on.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you tried to use the favorite option? In my old car I could mark a band for instance and then every time they were on any station, it would notify me. I have marked certain bands but so far it has never alerted me that they are on.
I've never really used that feature in any of my cars, but several people here have reported that it doesn't currently work in the Mach-E. I assume that will be fixed at some point.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
... Another thing I noticed was when I was playing around with it in the garage, a message popped up saying it couldn’t find a satellite and asked if I want to stream from the Internet instead. I hit Yes, and it started playing live just as if it was coming from the sky.
I realize it's been a long time since you posted that message but I'm wondering if you've figured out the key to get the system to offer that option. I've had my car for a little more than a month and in spite of quite a bit of garage time with it, only twice has it offered the streaming version of the satellite channel the radio was tuned to. The of the time it just displays something about no signal being available. I've been trying to figure out how to get SiriusXM channels to stream when the car is in the garage and so far my only solution I think I've found is to select one of the upper channels. Any idea?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I realize it's been a long time since you posted that message but I'm wondering if you've figured out the key to get the system to offer that option.
Unfortunately, I haven't. Sometimes it offers the option when there's no satellite signal, but oftentimes it doesn't. The SXM functionality really leaves a lot to be desired.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
Unfortunately, I haven't. Sometimes it offers the option when there's no satellite signal, but oftentimes it doesn't. The SXM functionality really leaves a lot to be desired.
This is another thing: I added a preset for channel 509 Tina Turner. If I pull into the garage 509 continues to play. But if I change channels and then select the 509 preset again, it displays Channel Not Available. If I want to resume playing 509, I need to choose the magnifying glass then Music>R&B>Tina Turner. Once I do that it resumes. I hope someone somewhere is cleaning up the software.
Sponsored