Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
As much as I want the GTPE, I don’t want to risk losing the credit, so I think I’m going to let my dealer know not to make the change to the PE after all.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rudy Bega

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
The thing that sucks is if you remove the pano, co-pilot comes off also on the GT performance. They are a package deal.
Right, that’s a no go for me, may go in different direction if no tax credit. Definitely want those options. If that cap holds, it a party I’m not invited too ?

OP
OP
Rudy Bega

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
As much as I want the GTPE, I don’t want to risk losing the credit, so I think I’m going to let my dealer know not to make the change to the PE after all.
It’s not locked in stone yet, it would really suck to not get what you really want because of politics. I may miss by 840 Dollars, if that’s the case, my pissed off factor may kick in.

amtrucker22

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Right, that’s a no go for me, may go in different direction if no tax credit. Definitely want those options. If that cap holds, it a party I’m not invited too ?
100% with you on that. I want both the pano and 360 but could live without 360 if it meant getting the credit. I am more willing to give up magneride, seats, wheels, and 3/10's of a second in order to keep the pano and tax credit.

amtrucker22

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
It’s not locked in stone yet, it would really suck to not get what you really want because of politics. I may miss by 840 Dollars, if that’s the case, my pissed off factor may kick in.
Not locked in yet, and there is a possibility Ford can adjust their prices accordingly.

Maybe Ford can get creative some way also. Tesla allows you to add FSD service after the delivery for the same price. Basically this can knock $10k from MSRP which can in turn be added the same day you take delivery.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Generally, the MSRP is looked at before options and before delivery charges.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Generally, the MSRP is looked at before options and before delivery charges.
^^ Quoted for emphasis.

People have said this at least five times already on this thread, but for some reason people come back with the same fear about the GTPE being excluded.

There are already states that have an MSRP limit, and the GTPE is included because they use base price.

There is also nothing so far to suggest that this new bill would remove the old 200,000 credits already approved years ago for Ford.

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Acuras (MDX, TL), 2022 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
^^ Quoted for emphasis.

People have said this at least five times already on this thread, but for some reason people come back with the same fear about the GTPE being excluded.

There are already states that have an MSRP limit, and the GTPE is included because they use base price.

There is also nothing so far to suggest that this new bill would remove the old 200,000 credits already approved years ago for Ford.
Thanks for talking me off the ledge LOL. There is hope yet! Now, I just need to get over the irrational fear that my dealer will pull some shenanigans to put me out of range for the credit so that they can sell it with high ADM...

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Thanks for talking me off the ledge LOL. There is hope yet! Now, I just need to get over the irrational fear that my dealer will pull some shenanigans to put me out of range for the credit so that they can sell it with high ADM...
Well ADM won’t affect msrp nor the credit.

But in terms of being afraid of dealer shenanigans, I would call that a “rational fear.”

Bryan_GTPE

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 302A in Silver - Current
Country flag

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
The thing that sucks is if you remove the pano, co-pilot comes off also on the GT performance. They are a package deal.
Well that double sucks then. I was trying to decide between taking off the pano or taking off co-pilot to get below the $69K and I decided with the pano. I'll call my contact at the local dealership and discuss it with him. My concern is that, from being on this board, I know more about the Ford Mustang Mach-E than he does :rolleyes:

I've been trying to stay above the fray on all this because I figured it would all work out but some bearded tesla guy acts like there is a high probability of this happening now. I have no idea how reliable he is but the tesla fanboys were treating him as a guru. Oh well, Life is what happens while you're making other plans - if the worse thing that happens to me next year is I don't get a pano roof or co-pilot on my GTPE then I'll probably be doing alright (or conversely, if I get my pano and co-pilot but no $7,500 tax credit). Thanks for your input.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Again, tax credit will almost certainly not be calculated on options...

amtrucker22

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Again, tax credit will almost certainly not be calculated on options...
I hope you are right. Doing a little googling I did not find the definition of what the tax credit proposal considers MSRP. Looking at the price summary it lists Base MSRP and Total MSRP. Is there somewhere specific that you have found that shows it is on the Base MSRP?

I am a planner by nature and the $7500 is a deal breaker for me buying a GTPE. It would drive me nuts to wait 6 months on an order and then not take delivery based on assumption.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
People have posted that many states use the base, like California. My registration fee in Michigan is based on the base.

I think there are a lot of people worried over nothing.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I would think accessories aren’t considered part of the “car cost”. That would also eliminate paperwork charges, registration fees. Also, is sales tax included? x-plan a possibility?
We will see how the specific language comes out. FWIW the Oregon rebate is capped based on the actual sticker as optioned. I’d bet on the same handling with the new fed rebate if/when it passes.
Sponsored