No Tax Credit Over $100K Income, Or Over $40K Vehicle, So Says The Senate, NonBindingly

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Why should I be punished for doing well? Why should I be punished for working 2 jobs and taking 4 years to self fund my associates degree? Why should I be punished for applying for every opportunity I could to move up in all my jobs that I have had? Why should I be punished for supporting my wife through college so she could become successful? Why should I be punished for doing everything right? If we are all created equal in God's eyes then why are we not equal on the taxes we pay? Why is there not a flat tax? I do not use any more social services than the next person. What is a fair share?

Regardless on your thought on our tax system....If I pay taxes then I damn well should be entitled to the same deductions as someone who pays less taxes.
It's not that you would be punished, it is that you wouldn't get the incentive or assistance or entitlement as in "the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment." Minor semantics difference, but no need to play the victim card.

The worse part of those sort of caps is the arbitrary cuff off. Should be more universal rules, or at least a sliding scale. Crazy when a $1 difference can make a $7500 difference in taxes...
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
If the republicans get their amendment pushed through the house and it goes into effect before I am able to purchase my GT, I will be cancelling my order and waiting out the market for the pricing to drop. I'll also be taking this as an affront for our desires to move towards EVs and will be voting against every republican across the board. I'm quite pissed about this now hearing the house wants to take up a vote on this measure ASAP which means it might go through.

Deleted member 4669

If the republicans get their amendment pushed through the house and it goes into effect before I am able to purchase my GT, I will be cancelling my order and waiting out the market for the pricing to drop. I'll also be taking this as an affront for our desires to move towards EVs and will be voting against every republican across the board. I'm quite pissed about this now hearing the house wants to take up a vote on this measure ASAP which means it might go through.
This. I would be extremely pissed if they pull back this rebate, its one of the reasons i bought a Mach-e. SO sick of the continued denial and push against renewable energy projects. And in what world is 100k a logical cutoff. I live in the Northeast, its expensive up here. As someone who always seems to be just north of these limits I have gotten zero credits for children, college, pandemic etc. Always just missing and it sucks. But not being able to collect this incentive would be the worst as its a significant amount of money.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
seems like this is being pushed by the oil lobby and their cohorts. business as usual.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Well that 100k phase out pretty much means no one should be getting the tax credit. Sorry but a family buying a 35k car new with only a 100k of income is not exactly a smart move. Sure as well should not be going on to the 50k.
Welcome to America.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
So the house voted to move the infrastructure forward for a vote September 27th without any amendments. This is bad news. Very bad news

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
So the house voted to move the infrastructure forward for a vote September 27th without any amendments. This is bad news. Very bad news

Unbelievable! Well I am glad I jumped the line and found a cancellation instead of my original order

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
That's already the case in other states, I have to pay $100 extra per year for a BEV, the equivalent tax of 300 gallons of gas.
right now it is $50/year in Colorado

denyo69

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
no car at the moment
Country flag

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
wasn't it supposed to be for earnings above 400k? and 800k joint?
https://wegoelectric.net/democrats-...r-rebate-tesla-customers-could-get-4500-less/

"
  • They are also introducing caps on income to get access to the incentives, but they are fairly high at an adjusted gross income of up to $400,000 for individuals and up to $800,000 for joint filers."
I guess they changed it to 100k which I find way too low
Different version of the bill. The Senate (really just Joe Manchin) put in the non-binding resolution for the 100k income / 40k MSRP limited. The house put the $400k/800k limits in their version which also included different MSRP cutoffs by vehicle type.

However, no-one has agreed to anything at this point and who knows where it will go. As of yesterday, Joe Manchin wants the bill cut from $3.5T to $1.5T and we know he doesn't like EV incentives or environmental efforts - he is pro-coal. We also have Sinema from Arizona saying no on the package but she won't say why.

denyo69

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
no car at the moment
Country flag
Different version of the bill. The Senate (really just Joe Manchin) put in the non-binding resolution for the 100k income / 40k MSRP limited. The house put the $400k/800k limits in their version which also included different MSRP cutoffs by vehicle type.

However, no-one has agreed to anything at this point and who knows where it will go. As of yesterday, Joe Manchin wants the bill cut from $3.5T to $1.5T and we know he doesn't like EV incentives or environmental efforts - he is pro-coal. We also have Sinema from Arizona saying no on the package but she won't say why.
Let's see what they will come up with in the end

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Why should I be punished for doing well? Why should I be punished for working 2 jobs and taking 4 years to self fund my associates degree? Why should I be punished for applying for every opportunity I could to move up in all my jobs that I have had? Why should I be punished for supporting my wife through college so she could become successful? Why should I be punished for doing everything right? If we are all created equal in God's eyes then why are we not equal on the taxes we pay? Why is there not a flat tax? I do not use any more social services than the next person. What is a fair share?

Regardless on your thought on our tax system....If I pay taxes then I damn well should be entitled to the same deductions as someone who pays less taxes.
Certain other people deserve your money more than you do.

ate2aqtr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Cybertruck, Passport, 17Jeep 11 odyse
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
When you vote on how much the government is "giving" you is when you have it all backwards. We need less tax breaks for businesses and less taxes on individuals. If you look at states with no income tax they are booming. A sales tax only and no income tax would allow for equality based on the more you "consume" the more you pay in taxes. Natural competition will push us forward in the right direction. NOTHING IS FREE....SOMEONE IS PAYING FOR IT!!!!!!! DON'T BE FOOLED

My circumstance for example: I have a vehicle that is paid for but gets 20 mpg. Over a years time I drive over 36K miles and spend over $500 in gas per month. The MME GT purchase will net me a monthly spend of about $950.(Electricity+pmt) What comparable vehicle could I purchase for $450 a month Ice or maybe $650 Hybrid. I'll take the nicest sportiest best looking vehicle with the least expensive operating expense anyday. That is how we move away from ICE vehicles naturally without "incentive bribes" from the government. If I paid 15K less in income tax its easy to afford the MME GT without the $7500 bribe.
Sponsored