John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
We are hoping my car will be in this week - it is within striking distance probably just waiting for a car carrier truck now, but . . . My dealer’s FCTP came in on Thursday, and he let me take it home for a few days until mine hopefully comes in. This is an AWD ER Premium

Initial and very preliminary observations:

Fit and finish - FANTASTIC
Quality and build - also FANTASTIC
Frunk - smaller in real life than I expected from pictures
Interior- Extremely comfortable and well done - not sure why in photos the black Onyx looks so gray - much darker in person (and I like that)
Acceleration - WOW - this is the first BEV that I have driven and I was very pleased
Driving - the car does not feel “heavy” to me - just SOLID, and it takes turns like a RWD car
Wind noise - more noticeable heading into the wind, but noticeable because there is NO engine noise

My wife said this car is like a spaceship.

And for everyone who complains about dealers, mine has been awesome! Loaning me their FCTP car while we wait for mine to come in!

I’ve only had it for a couple of hours and one drive, but so far, VERY pleased and can’t wait for mine to come in - same color, but First Edition.
Ford Mustang Mach-E No this is not my car . . . 73641E66-E318-4B55-9E84-846913478D88
Ford Mustang Mach-E No this is not my car . . . A3E84880-0B14-491B-864B-A5A41578856C
Ford Mustang Mach-E No this is not my car . . . 49B6CA69-320B-42C6-ABB2-9D0F8575E547

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So some funny stories about yesterday at the dealer . . .

I am with Ed, the Sales Manager, and he calls over Pete, who took the Mach E home the other night and tells him he will be taking me over to the Mach E. Pete is an older guy, but the most technical of the bunch. Pete starts to try to tell me about the car and Ed tells him Pete, this guy already knows more than you about the car, you are wasting your breath.

Then . . . Pete and I are in the Mach E for him to drive it out of the garage. He starts telling me how neat the screens are . . . And then says he doesn’t know why, but the small screen behind the wheel doesn’t seem to be working and he is not sure what should be displayed there. So I explain the driver attention monitoring and what it is doing, and he says, I guess you do know more than me. :rolleyes: :D

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Took a drive this morning as Amy forgot something at Target. Came out to find a guy looking at the car and the window sticker - thought it was a bit pricey. So I explained to him about the Federal tax credit.

Anyway, 1P driving is easy peasy to get used to. No passengers to see if they would feel sick, but I really thought it was just as smooth as braking if you modulate it right.

Speed and acceleration - WOW - got up to 100mph on the highway in the blink of an eye. I did not hear any tire sound at that speed like Tru described. Must be those bad KY highways. ;)

switching back from 1P driving felt totally un-natural. Only one thing a bit strange. Had it on 1P and had ACC on when on the highway. I hit the brake to turn off the ACC for the off ramp and the 1P took over to pretty aggressively slow it down until I put my foot back on the accelerator. Maybe 1P should be disabled if you hit the brake?

Noticed again that how I rest my leg at an angle with my foot on the accelerator that my leg is resting on the hard plastic side of the center tray. When I get mine, I may have to pad that because that is a bit uncomfortable against that hard surface.

Visibility is a LOT more like my wife’s Fusion than my Escape. I really wish the glass met the glass roof without inside headliner for us taller people.

But, overall the car is an absolute joy to drive. Sound system was great for me, and with no music so quiet!

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Took my 21 year old daughter for a ride. For the rest of you Disney fans, she said riding in the car was like riding the Test Track ride at DisneyWorld. and you know what, she is right. I took her on the highway and took it up to 100 really fast and she was delighted - but she told me too I am going to get tickets.

She absolutely LOVED the B&O sound system. I think the system is further helped by how QUIET the car is. You can literally hear every note and nuance like you are sitting in your living room, or have good headphones on.

And THIS. My wife says it is obvious women helped design this car. How many of you put papers up under the sun visor only to have them fall in your lap when you flip it down? How about this handy clip? There is one on both sides. One to hold papers on the backside, and one to hold the speeding tickets on the front side.
Ford Mustang Mach-E No this is not my car . . . 4C489927-3CAF-43B5-A505-4FCB656D2924

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Pretty cool loaning you out a FCTP for a few days. I guess it’s free advertising and get the dealer to that 4,000 miles quicker?

Reactions: Nav

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD extended range
Country flag
you are pretty lucky the dealer let you take it home. I test drove the same car at the dealer I am taking delivery and I put 12 miles on for the test drive. truthfully I knew in one mile I was going to complete the purchase.
I ordered 7/2/20 delivery estimate is 3/6/21 . My dealer had a MACHe demonstration on a Saturday last month where factory reps came out to show the car. (you could not drive it) . Even the factory reps did not know as much as I knew. I asked them charging questions and they could not answer my question. This forum answered my question... go figure.

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Reading through this has been great, hopefully my dealer is as nice. Emailed em to inquire about their FCTP status. Question for you or any other owners who can answer:

Let's say you have 1PD off and are in Whisper Mode, then you change to Unbridled and slide to toggle 1PD on... if you were to change back to Whisper later during the drive will it go back to 1PD off automatically cuz that's where you had it set to last in this mode? Sort of like a "profile" for that mode retaining your last selections.

Don't have the car yet, but I'm thinking I want Whisper Mode to always be 1PD off, and Unbridled to default to it being on. We'll see how that preference changes after driving it.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Reading through this has been great, hopefully my dealer is as nice. Emailed em to inquire about their FCTP status. Question for you or any other owners who can answer:

Let's say you have 1PD off and are in Whisper Mode, then you change to Unbridled and slide to toggle 1PD on... if you were to change back to Whisper later during the drive will it go back to 1PD off automatically cuz that's where you had it set to last in this mode? Sort of like a "profile" for that mode retaining your last selections.

Don't have the car yet, but I'm thinking I want Whisper Mode to always be 1PD off, and Unbridled to default to it being on. We'll see how that preference changes after driving it.
You're over-thinking it...
Sponsored