No way to schedule updates or turn on automatic updates on new car. Did something change?

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
So I traded in my Select for a '22 GT (non PE). My old Select had the option to turn on automatic updates and schedule updates. Now on my new car (build 6/22), that option is not available. I have been on the phone for hours and hours with Ford. They keep transferring me and hanging up etc and I have gotten no where. They told me I would have to take it to the dealer so they could fix it. I called the dealer and (my salesman), they both said they checked the other cars and they are like that too. So they don't even know how to fix. Did something change? Is everyones like that now? In the Ford Pass app on my phone it does say that auto updates are on, but I don't see where you could even change that now if you wanted to. I've reset the module too. No change. There is just no option anymore. If I click the arrow on the description, it just closes and still no other options.

Edit. Added photo of when I shrink the update info.

Ford Mustang Mach-E No way to schedule updates or turn on automatic updates on new car. Did something change? 20221027_083523

20221027_093954.jpg

Last edited:

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not that it will show anything but shrink the update info and what does the screen display?

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What @AKgrampy said. Touch the Carey to collapse the notes. That should bring the automatic update section into view.
Can’t look at my Mach screen to check it out right now as my only view is the Pacific Ocean out my window on Maui.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Can’t look at my Mach screen to check it out right now as my only view is the Pacific Ocean out my window on Maui.
Ford Mustang Mach-E No way to schedule updates or turn on automatic updates on new car. Did something change? image

I deleted the comment because, as you can see, the controls are above the patch notes. There may be a glitch in the matrix here.

No patch notes in my car as it’s getting ready to update.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
image.jpg

I deleted the comment because, as you can see, the controls are above the patch notes. There may be a glitch in the matrix here.

No patch notes in my car as it’s getting ready to update.
Do you know what software you are currently on? That is what it looked like on my old Select.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
There are many people reporting the same condition on their cars, myself included.

The cars with the options to turn on/off automatic updates and set a schedule have a menu option SOFTWARE UPDATES while the cars missing the options have a menu option SYSTEM UPDATES.

Ford is the only one that could explain why.

Edited to add:
My guess is that if someone used Forscan there is a setting set different in the as built data in some module between the two presented options. Why would Ford build some of the cars with one set of options and others with another set? Certainly it is not on purpose.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you know what software you are currently on? That is what it looked like on my old Select.
3.5.4. It'll be adding 3.5.4.2 today or tomorrow, I'm in EA and the "Your car is up to date" is the normal telltale that it's about to download and update again.

We need to see if very recent cars are genuinely all like this or if there's a software glitch in one of the modules from the factory.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are many people reporting the same condition on their cars, myself included.

The cars with the options to turn on/off automatic updates and set a schedule have a menu option SOFTWARE UPDATES while the cars missing the options have a menu option SYSTEM UPDATES.

Edited to add:
My guess is that if someone used Forscan there is a setting set different in the as built data in some module between the two presented options. Why would Ford build some of the cars with one set of options and others with another set? Certainly it is not on purpose.
The forum also needs a "Huh" response option. Odd indeed.

AdamDotNet

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I just took delivery of 22 GTPE, and same. There's no update schedule or automatic updates option as you described.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just took delivery of 22 GTPE, and same. There's no update schedule or automatic updates option as you described.
Thank you!!! I"m glad it's not just me. I really wonder if it is a software error, or they are just changing the way updates happen? When I got mine it had the little update check notification, so it obviously got an OTA. Maybe they aren't going to give us the choice anymore and just update them.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Maybe Ford is taking a cue from Microsoft: "You will take the update, and you will like it!"

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe Ford is taking a cue from Microsoft: "You will take the update, and you will like it!"
Totally, they have probably run into issues with people not turning them on etc. But they need to inform, reps, dealers, etc. They app still tells you how to schedule them. They need to change the app too.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Edited to add:
N.A. vs E.U.?