No way to schedule updates or turn on automatic updates on new car. Did something change?

kisonay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD ER Mustang Mach-E Scheduled 10/3
Country flag
Just picked up my premium eAWD Ext (October build) and don't have the schedule settings either.

sync v. 22082_PRODUCT r. 411 with Hands-free Driving mode available through 10-12-2022
Sponsored

Last edited:

kisonay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was just playing with the settings, and I was able to get the scheduled / automatic updates settings to appear.

I turned off the car, then turned it back on.
First I went into connectivity and ensure I was connected to Wi-Fi.
After confirming that the check was next to my network, I went into software updates
From that point forward, the options appeared.

Perhaps a Wi-Fi connection is needed before they appear?

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
I was just playing with the settings, and I was able to get the scheduled / automatic updates settings to appear.

I turned off the car, then turned it back on.
First I went into connectivity and ensure I was connected to Wi-Fi.
After confirming that the check was next to my network, I went into software updates
From that point forward, the options appeared.

Perhaps a Wi-Fi connection is needed before they appear?
I was really hoping that was it....but it wasn't. I even forgot my wifi and then reconnected my home wifi....nada.

kisonay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was really hoping that was it....but it wasn't. I even forgot my wifi and then reconnected my home wifi....nada.
The only other thing I messed with was activate the blue oval network trial. May be unrelated.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The only other thing I messed with was activate the blue oval network trial. May be unrelated.
I did that already too :( Only hope I have is when I got in the car to drive it home, it did have that it recently got an update. So I'm hoping it will continue to get updates. I haven't gotten one for the month I've owned it. But, that's not saying much. I went months on my select with no update. Then would get like 2 in a row. Who knows....Ford doesn't even know!!! hahaha

Mic71

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium awd extended range
Occupation
Av
Country flag
Hi
new he
I'm in the uk.
Just picked up a 2022 premium awd ext range and I don't have auto update or schedule update options in mine.. I also don't seem to have any way of telling if auto update is on.
Could Any other uk owners tell me what software version I should be on and where to find the version number for mine please 🙏
I've seen the update on YouTube that let's the dial control heating etc
Would love android auto In full screen.
I take it that version will be years off before arriving in uk..
Thanks..

Mic71

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Av
Country flag
I've taken some pics of the screen.
Any advice please..
Ford Mustang Mach-E No way to schedule updates or turn on automatic updates on new car. Did something change? 20230501_114103
Ford Mustang Mach-E No way to schedule updates or turn on automatic updates on new car. Did something change? 20230501_114128

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I started this thread, and after many hours on the phone with Ford etc. finally found out you have to take it to the dealer. There are modules that need updating. It should actually say software update, not system update. The dealer updated everything and now it all works like it should and the options are there to schedule etc.

Mic71

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Av
Country flag
I started this thread, and after many hours on the phone with Ford etc. finally found out you have to take it to the dealer. There are modules that need updating. It should actually say software update, not system update. The dealer updated everything and now it all works like it should and the options are there to schedule etc.
Thanks.
I just bought this from a main dealer who has said everything had been updated before I picked it up.
So there either lying or things are different this side of the pond..
Looks like I will be chasing ford for answers.. shouldn't have to do this with a new car.. I wouldn't have to do it with a mobile phone...

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks.
I just bought this from a main dealer who has said everything had been updated before I picked it up.
So there either lying or things are different this side of the pond..
Looks like I will be chasing ford for answers.. shouldn't have to do this with a new car.. I wouldn't have to do it with a mobile phone...
They told me the same thing. I immediately noticed it when I got it home the first day. Dealership said all the ones on the lot were the same way. Ford could see that I was on the latest update. But certain modules were messed up. Fixed as soon as they saw modules were not updated. I think I posted a while back which modules it was. After they updated, it gave me the option to schedule updates etc. Also happened to get the latest update :)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Probably the PCM issue. Have your dealer update the PCM first, then re-scan and run the other updates. 🤔🐩

Mic71

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Av
Country flag
Probably the PCM issue. Have your dealer update the PCM first, then re-scan and run the other updates. 🤔🐩
Thanks everyone I am putting all this info in an email to my sales man to sort out 🤞 .
Sponsored