non EV owners expert advice (gripe post)

• Thread starter Deleted member 9461
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 9461

I can't find any on here, but want to see owners interaction with non-owners lecturing you on how wrong you are (you own an electric car) how right they are cause (they never owned an electric car).

since 2015 I've gotten an ear full from the oil cultests. does tiger woods take golf advice from a non-golfer.
the greatest argument I had was still living in Hawaii, if a typhoon hits, how do you charge???? so inclement weather immediately discharges the battery....ok, so on Oahu there's 2 gas stations with emergency back up power, they are not advertised everywhere, population on the island is 1 million, how much gas will you be spared, electrical power is always restored first...moved to Washington state, area loses power a bunch, used the van to power the house for 3 days...
so type away and share your expose' on the gas passers.
Sponsored

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
That view is a very regional minority in the greater Western Wa area. Go to Seattle, the Eastside and more affluent neighborhoods in King, Snohomish and Pierce county you will see mobs and mobs of Teslas and other EVs. You do happen to be in an area that tends to lean in on the idea that there is a "green agenda" "forcing" people into EVs that want to keep on coal rolling. Also, many households have EVs and ICE vehicles, so they have no qualms about BEV, PHEV and Hybrids.

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I don't get into the arguments about which is better for the environment because frankly I don't care and it isn't the reason I bought the car.

It's a fun car, I don't have to buy gas, Ford warranties the battery for 100k miles and maintenance is almost zero. It's hard to argue against those points.

EVs aren't perfect for every situation, but neither is a gas car, or a diesel. They all have advantages and disadvantages. The car works for my use case and that's all that matters.
Sponsored