Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
A southern state on the wrong side of history? Hmmm...where have I heard that before?!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT Performance - Rapid Red
Occupation
Software engineer working on some car's infotainment system ;-)
Country flag
My opinion is that if the free chargers are provided by the governments, local or state, then they should pass on the cost of electric.

But at a grocery store like Safeway, I think the free electric is like the fuel points they give out, and that seems equal, as 1) Tax payers are not paying for it and 2) The "free" charging is not technically public, and the charging is usually not as fast as say Electrify America or EVGo or whatever.

If the Feds want to subsidize the cost to the state, then the states shouldn't be able to touch them.

Don't get me wrong, I am eager to see the broad adoption of electric vehicles, especially when we get the battery tech a little better (raw material mining, chemistry, weight, etc)

I'd be curious to see what others think.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
If a business wants to install free chargers then they should be able to.

Try this..........as a business owner I decide to give away a coupon good for $20 at McDonalds to new customers. Does that mean I now have to give coupons to BK as well? No, it's my business, I give away what I want.
If I own the parking lot and want to install a couple of free chargers for my customers, why should that be any different. I choose to give away electricity, not gas or I choose to give away McD coupons and not BK coupons, it's my business and I am paying for the product I am giving away.

It amazes me the number of people that will vote against their own best interest. Or keep electing politicians that are clearly still well into the last century or downright Luddite in their thinking or just flat out bought and paid for by someone else.
Sponsored

Last edited: