Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 4X, Victory Cross Country
Occupation
IT System Engineer
Country flag
For a pulse from the haters, you should read the comments below the article. Sheez!

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Its a shame that the conversation around EV's has turned so political

Its clear that EV's are going to be a big part of the future of transportation, and in many aspects not just evolution but progress in that regard

I guess its like anything else, these are significant changes that have impact on different interests, and I guess there will always be lobbying to push one way or the other, but a shame that decisions are made based on monetary or political interests rather than science and modern thinking

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Its a shame that the conversation around EV's has turned so political

Its clear that EV's are going to be a big part of the future of transportation, and in many aspects not just evolution but progress in that regard

I guess its like anything else, these are significant changes that have impact on different interests, and I guess there will always be lobbying to push one way or the other, but a shame that decisions are made based on monetary or political interests rather than science and modern thinking

Why I feel as much as people may think/wanted BBB (Build Back Better, remember that?) was a benefit for EVs, even if some states wanted it, maybe it's just politically unacceptable in those states to play along since it'll look like they are climate freaks and will be voted out of office for supporting anything EV related.

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
Wish the title was more accurate, i.e. "Three North Carolina State Representatives" does not equal "North Carolina".

Still think the bill is dumb, and someone should introduce one requiring North Carolina state representatives to disclose in their ads how often they use public toilets in the State Legislative Building, and the cost to taxpayers of the toilet paper they've used there.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The government should not restrict any business from offering discounts and other free items (such as charging) as long as the taxpayers are not paying for it. If a business want to do it, no problem.

But I do think it is wrong for taxpayers to pay for electricity given to other taxpayers for "free". Especially because a lot of low income tax payers cannot afford to buy an EV. Do we think it is OK for them to pay the electricity cost of those who can afford to buy one? That is immoral, IMO.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Obviously, but you underestimate public pressure. That said, the bill probably won't go anywhere.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I have to agree with you, if NC will give me a free charge when I get my Mach E why shouldn't I also get free gasoline at taxpayer expense?
Sponsored