Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Today I picked up my new 2022 GTPE at Red Rock Ford in Williston, SD. My report on the pleasant experience I enjoyed there can be fond in the 06/27/22 Build Week thread.

The problem is driving my new car back to the central coast of California. There are very few DC fast chargers or Level 2 public EV chargers in the Dakotas or Montana, even in relatively large cities. So my first stop on the way home was the KOA campground at Miles City, MT. For about $50, I reserved a pull-through RV spot with a 50-amp hookup.

Ford Mustang Mach-E North Dakota to California in a GTPE! KOA Campin

My new AMPROAD iFlow P9 adjustable EV charger worked flawlessly, allowing me to push 40 amps to the car, the maximum allowable on a 50 amp circuit.

Ford Mustang Mach-E North Dakota to California in a GTPE! KOA Plugged In

Although the hookup only delivered around 205 volts @40 amps, it was plenty to fully charge the car overnight.

Ford Mustang Mach-E North Dakota to California in a GTPE! Charger Stats

Ford Mustang Mach-E North Dakota to California in a GTPE! KOA Chargin

By the time I get to Idaho, I'll have DC fast chargers all the way home, so I won't have to stop at RV parks and endure the curious gazes of those with EV envy! :cool:

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Today I picked up my new 2022 GTPE at Red Rock Ford in Williston, SD. My report on the pleasant experience I enjoyed there can be fond in the 06/27/22 Build Week thread.

The problem is driving my new car back to the central coast of California. There are very few DC fast chargers or Level 2 public EV chargers in the Dakotas or Montana, even in relatively large cities. So my first stop on the way home was the KOA campground at Miles City, MT. For about $50, I reserved a pull-through RV spot with a 50-amp hookup.

My new AMPROAD iFlow P9 adjustable EV charger worked flawlessly, allowing me to push 40 amps to the car, the maximum allowable on a 50 amp circuit.

Although the hookup only delivered around 205 volts @40 amps, it was plenty to fully charge the car overnight.

By the time I get to Idaho, I'll have DC fast chargers all the way home, so I won't have to stop at RV parks and endure the curious gazes of those with EV envy! :cool:
Congratulations on your baby! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip............... Drive safe.