Norway – Ford and Santander Consumer Bank apologize for misleading loan offer on ford.no

Excited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Techno+
Occupation
GIS Engineering
Country flag
When reading this article on motor.no (Norwegian) confirming that the fixed nominal interest rate for the Santander loan of 1.99 % for three years is not actually a fixed rate at all, I checked other alternatives. Sbanken's green car loans effective interest rate is lower than the apparantly super loan offer from Santander, so I wouldn't recommend using the finance offer which appears to be a good deal on the website.

PS: I haven't actually checked if the mentioned bank has the best offer, so please tell if you find a better one!
Sponsored

Last edited:

blink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red MME+
I had a bad experience with Santander. I was considering getting a loan and keep my cash in stocks. But he basically told me I couldn't get a loan and should buy a cheaper car because Mach E was too expensive for me. Even if that was true, the way he said that was very rude. If I over extended myself, that is my issue, not something he should belittle me about. I just ended up buying the car in cash because I couldn't be f dealing with that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Excited

Excited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Techno+
Occupation
GIS Engineering
Country flag
I bought my last Ford in late 2008 and got a loan from Ford Credit. At that time it was not owned by Santander, and the interest rate was quite good/competitive during all the 7 years of downpayment. No bad experience from that.

My loan application with Santander was accepted when I ordered my MME, but after this I won't take it.

Håper dere som finner bedre tilbud enn Sbanken (som er det beste jeg har funnet uten for mye research) kan fortelle om det her! ?

OP
OP
Excited

Excited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Techno+
Occupation
GIS Engineering
Country flag
I have seen several Internet adds lately for Kia – I think it was – looking just like the finance offer on ford.no, offering the same false promise of 1.99 % fixed rate by Santander the first 3 years.

So it seems this issue was made by Santander. I'm hoping @Ford Motor Company skip this deal, you can do better!

OP
OP
Excited

Excited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Techno+
Occupation
GIS Engineering
Country flag
I had a bad experience with Santander. I was considering getting a loan and keep my cash in stocks. But he basically told me I couldn't get a loan and should buy a cheaper car because Mach E was too expensive for me. Even if that was true, the way he said that was very rude. If I over extended myself, that is my issue, not something he should belittle me about. I just ended up buying the car in cash because I couldn't be f dealing with that.
My loan application was approved by Sbanken, and I signed the papers. Initially it looks worse, because of the higher nominal rate, but effective is a lot better, so I'm happy! :)

adamfriedman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford E-350
Occupation
Environmental Engineering Technician
I had a bad experience with Santander. I was considering getting a loan at Trice loans and keep my cash in stocks. But he basically told me I couldn't get a loan and should buy a cheaper car because Mach E was too expensive for me. Even if that was true, the way he said that was very rude. If I over extended myself, that is my issue, not something he should belittle me about. I just ended up buying the car in cash because I couldn't be f dealing with that.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. My Santander loan application was approved. The documents were signed by me. Because of the higher nominal rate, it appears to be worse at first, but the effective rate is much better, therefore I'm thrilled!

Last edited:

storab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e RWD
Country flag
Santander is now refunding to much interest rate payed and give you the promised 3 years of 1.99% if you contact them.

OP
OP
Excited

Excited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Techno+
Occupation
GIS Engineering
Country flag
Good if it's possible to get the promised rates for those of you that signed the Santander offer. I'm not too impressed about the «… if you contact them.», if that's the case. Should be fixed automaticly.

storab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e RWD
Country flag
Good if it's possible to get the promised rates for those of you that signed the Santander offer. I'm not too impressed about the «… if you contact them.», if that's the case. Should be fixed automaticly.
It was the Ford credit offer and its handled by Santander. I agree it should be automati…
Sponsored