Not able to see options incentives now(edit: its back and extended through 7/6/21)

Dudeduke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, Ford focus electric
Country flag
I just checked and the $2500 incentive for using ford options is gone.

I am hoping they are in process of adding it back for this month. Without these it would be really expensive to lease a mache. Specially in comparison to the competition.

I was eagerly waiting for mine to arrive coming Monday. I may have to cancel it without that.

Hopefully this is just a transition and it will be back. Fingers crossed ?
Sponsored

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I just checked and the $2500 incentive for using ford options is gone.

I am hoping they are in process of adding it back for this month. Without these it would be really expensive to lease a mache. Specially in comparison to the competition.

I was eagerly waiting for mine to arrive coming Monday. I may have to cancel it without that.

Hopefully this is just a transition and it will be back. Fingers crossed ?
Options is not leasing. Options was an installment contract with 2.25% APR and a balloon payment. The interest on the loan pretty much ate the $2500 incentive. Pay cash and you won't miss the incentive.

OP
OP

Dudeduke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Options is not leasing. Options was an installment contract with 2.25% APR and a balloon payment. The interest on the loan pretty much ate the $2500 incentive. Pay cash and you won't miss the incentive.
I don't keep my cars long enough, so buying doesn't make sense to me. Also, leasing (or having a option to turn in the vehicle at certain residual) is a good thing to have in the fast changing ev world.

Also when you lease in california you only pay taxes on the payment, so not paying tax on some 45% of the car if you return it. That is very beneficial if you don't keep the car long.

Ford was using options $2500 incentive to cover the extra tax that we would be paying even if we return the car, it being a purchase for all purposes for the state. If that is not there for options and their lease terms remain the same, it be really high payments in comparison to ID4 or model Y.

That is what I am worried about. Hopefully it comes back or else i would be getting something else.

OP
OP

Dudeduke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nm the ford options incentives are back. I am getting my Mache pretty soon. ?

Btw it is now extended to 7/6/21. So pretty much all current orders should be good.

DocOfClocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-E Premium AWD, CR-V Hybrid
Country flag

Btw it is now extended to 7/6/21. So pretty much all current orders should be good.
I admire your optimism regarding all current orders.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
actually in my case with the incentive, Ford paid me to buy the car (very slightly) with Options, after taking into account my down payment etc. it all depends on how you work the numbers.

it's actually not THAT unusual for an incentive to be smarter than a lower interest rate if you put a large enough down payment down on the car.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
...Or take the option plan and pay it off with cash a few months later. You will still get the incentive.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
...Or take the option plan and pay it off with cash a few months later. You will still get the incentive.
Yup. For anyone planning to pay cash, you'll come out way ahead by doing Options and paying it off quickly.

Even if you hold the loan for 36 months, with 30% down you can still come out ahead. After 36 months, my total interest will be about $2k, so Ford is paying me $500 to do Options after all is said and done.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I don't keep my cars long enough, so buying doesn't make sense to me. Also, leasing (or having a option to turn in the vehicle at certain residual) is a good thing to have in the fast changing ev world.

Also when you lease in california you only pay taxes on the payment, so not paying tax on some 45% of the car if you return it. That is very beneficial if you don't keep the car long.

Ford was using options $2500 incentive to cover the extra tax that we would be paying even if we return the car, it being a purchase for all purposes for the state. If that is not there for options and their lease terms remain the same, it be really high payments in comparison to ID4 or model Y.

That is what I am worried about. Hopefully it comes back or else i would be getting something else.
If you want a lease then take a lease. With Options you will pay tax on the whole value of the vehicle and you will pay financing pretty much equal to the incentive.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Is .9% financing still available? Military discount added?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Is .9% financing still available? Military discount added?
I don't know about the military discount but I believe all the current offers on released models were carried forward so 0.9% for example. absolutely a @hybrid2bev (*) question.

(*) he once told me it was okay to tag him and I bet he regrets that. ;)

KKsNewBaby

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Premium, Infinite Blue, AWD, Extended
Country flag

Can anyone point me to a link? I mentioned any incentives to my dealer today, and didn't get a clear answer. I'd love to be armed with the info, especially since my MME should arrive in the next few weeks!

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag