Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
What are you talking about? The Niro has its charging port on the front and it looks like they are plugged in?
Yes and charging while diagonally taking two spots

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
We'll see more and more of this obnoxious behavior as EVs and PHEVs become more common. People are people, and our charging infrastructure in the US largely sucks.

I'm expecting numerous stories of fistfights at charging stations in 2023.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
We'll see more and more of this obnoxious behavior as EVs and PHEVs become more common. People are people, and our charging infrastructure in the US largely sucks.

I'm expecting numerous stories of fistfights at charging stations in 2023.
2020 - Fighting over masks
2021 - Fighting on airplanes
2022 - Fighting at the Oscars
2023 - Fighting over charging spots

How society evolves...

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The ass hat is sitting in his car doing this
F01C9011-21CA-410F-868F-1015AC59521D.jpeg
Iā€™ve found the EA cables to be annoyingly short sometimes. In Gainesville I had to back car up out a tiny bit out of the stall area for the 150 stall, center in pic, to reach front, I did this so I didnā€™t end up using a 350kw stall. I know this isnā€™t extreme at all but I did have to change my behavior in how I parked just so it could reach and I also didnā€™t annoy owners of 350kw vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E Not all charging station assholes drive ICE 95BBD1DB-FD16-41ED-985C-CB329B5A3DFD

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
A lot of people canā€™t park properly in the small parks we have in Canada.
I doubt buying an ev improves their parking skills.
Nor their asshole level.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Iā€™ve found the EA cables to be annoyingly short sometimes. In Gainesville I had to back car up out a tiny bit out of the stall area for the 150 stall, center in pic, to reach front, I did this so I didnā€™t end up using a 350kw stall. I know this isnā€™t extreme at all but I did have to change my behavior in how I parked just so it could reach and I also didnā€™t annoy owners of 350kw vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E Not all charging station assholes drive ICE 95BBD1DB-FD16-41ED-985C-CB329B5A3DFD
Thatā€™s a small car though, not exactly an F150 Lightning. He could easily solve his issue by not pulling completely forward in the stall and it would still be fine and he wouldnā€™t be sticking out into the lot because his car is pretty small by American standards.

MrsZuko

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White MME GTPE
Occupation
NP
Country flag
I'm sure people have been able to do this in the past when there were very few EVs on the road, but this is quickly changing. I remember just a year ago, the EVGo area at my Walmart was always wide open and now I see cars there all the time. He is teh smrt.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The Nero guys are ALWAYS the biggest assholes I've found...Every single time...

My last road trip I ran into 2 of them. The first is at a 4 stall EA site and all 4 are taken (I'm 1 of the people charging). Theres another car waiting. These people are sitting in their Nero at 95% still letting it charge at an abysmal 9kW too... I guess ignorance? People don't realize that last 5% takes forever and it's rude to wait for it?

The second one was at a 3 stall EA site and all 3 were occupied yet again (1 being me). Same situation as before car was at 95% and there's someone waiting to charge. Guy is in the car. The eTron next to me finishes charging and leaves and another etron pulls into that spot. Then as I'm about to leave the Nero hits 100%. The guy literally gets out of the car, unplugs it, and goes inside Target. Leaves the car in the space. Theres a chevy bolt there waiting to charge too. I could not believe it.

Jim622

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
District service manager with 50 plus years in the field
Country flag
I'm sure people have been able to do this in the past when there were very few EVs on the road, but this is quickly changing. I remember just a year ago, the EVGo area at my Walmart was always wide open and now I see cars there all the time. He is teh smrt.
Same thing here.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I've never seen a charger ICE'd in my 4 years owning an EV. It's always other EVs.

We have some of the biggest idiots driving EVs.

Last week I drove down to Walmart in Salinas, CA (3 hours south) for work and stopped to charge. Two women were fighting physically because one of them unplugged the other. The one who got unplugged was in an MME.

I attribute the congestion and rudeness in part to free charging. The two women fighting were not travelers, they were locals just there sucking up free kws.

Free charging and putting stalls up front, near store entrances, need to stop.

Last edited:

Jim622

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
District service manager with 50 plus years in the field
Country flag
I don't know if it is just here or not. If I plug into a 150kw charger I usually get from 50 to 80 charge rate. If I plug into a 350kw charger I can usually get well over 120kw sometimes even 140.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The ass hat is sitting in his car doing this
I had to do something like this at an EA charger last year so that I could get the cable to mate with the CHAdeMO port in the front of my Leaf. The cable was very short and stiff. I had to back out and turn the car at an angle to get it to lock into place.

Did you ask the driver why they were doing this or just assume they were an asshat, doing it to mess up other EV drivers?