Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
District service manager with 50 plus years in the field
Country flag
Yeah it really depends on which brand of DCFC even in the same network. Also there was an issue for a little bit with EA cables overheating so you didn’t get full speed, but I think they’ve done an update for that.
Thats good to know. I have not used one in a few months. I will try one out again.
Sponsored

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
The ass hat is sitting in his car doing this
F01C9011-21CA-410F-868F-1015AC59521D.jpeg
Kinda looks like you could almost block him in and still get to that plug on the right
The ass hat is sitting in his car doing this
F01C9011-21CA-410F-868F-1015AC59521D.jpeg
Kinda looks like you could block him in and get to that plug on the right. I mean if you were the aggressive, take no crap type. Then I wonder what kind of reaction you’d get from him?

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Considering that his front bumper was beat to shit, my car is not worth dealing with another special prick. Don't have the patience for this anymore. I just hope that karma catches up with him. Denver, being the highest number of car thefts per 100,000 people, there is hope that this comes to play.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Kinda looks like you could block him in and get to that plug on the right
Yup.

Make them pull through like a gas station when possible. That alone will resolve some of this.

Last edited:

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My local EA chargers are in a very busy shopping center parking lot, with very poor design. (It's a great design when the area is deserted, although somewhat awkward to back into, angled slots next to 5 lane intersection.) There is no waiting area such that "waiting" involves blocking a movement lane. Pictured is a Polestar whose driver chose to block the parking lot exit lane. This forced exiting drivers to steer into the incoming lane, which is empty at the moment the picture was taken, but which has cars continually streaming into this lot at this hour. (The three charging slots were occupied by a Ford Mach e, Hyundai Ioniq 5, and a BMW. Drivers of the latter two were present.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Not all charging station assholes drive ICE 1659923408498

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
These stories are why I will eventually be one of the people in a fight because I have absolutely no problem saying, "Hey! Move your fucking car!"
I did that once to a black guy - this will be important in a second - who was parked like crap with his ICE, so it intruded into an L2 spot. It turned into a long argument about how I was being racist 🙄; people started filming, etc etc. I'm the last guy to say "not worth it", but boy, I just wanted to get some fruit from the grocery store, and ended up wasting a good 10 minutes with this mouth breather yelling me.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
no reason ask. are worried about door dings LOL

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I did that once to a black guy - this will be important in a second - who was parked like crap with his ICE, so it intruded into an L2 spot. It turned into a long argument about how I was being racist 🙄; people started filming, etc etc. I'm the last guy to say "not worth it", but boy, I just wanted to get some fruit from the grocery store, and ended up wasting a good 10 minutes with this mouth breather yelling me.
Being from Chicago myself, you got yourself in a good position to get shot. There are a lot of crazy people, others with "anger issues" which really means impulse control issues and some just flat out nasty people out there. It's just not worth the risk.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Lol that’ll make everyone get along when “non-Teslas” are hogging the Tesla chargers…….
Oh boy, that's gonna be fun! 😂

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Oh boy, that's gonna be fun! 😂
What will make this interesting is that Tesla is setup to charge a certain way - backed into a charger located on the drivers side rear.

When other EVs start using them, for instance the MME, we will actually occupy 2 stations because we will have to pull in with the nose forward and use the station on what would be the passenger side for a Tesla, essentially locking out 2 stations.

Additionally, Tesla's have a unspoken rule that you always attempt to leave a space between you and the next person charging. I guarantee you no other EV owner cares about this and will just take whatever stall they want.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What will make this interesting is that Tesla is setup to charge a certain way - backed into a charger located on the drivers side rear.

When other EVs start using them, for instance the MME, we will actually occupy 2 stations because we will have to pull in with the nose forward and use the station on what would be the passenger side for a Tesla, essentially locking out 2 stations.

Additionally, Tesla's have a unspoken rule that you always attempt to leave a space between you and the next person charging. I guarantee you no other EV owner cares about this and will just take whatever stall they want.
I would think that if Tesla Super Chargers open up to other EV's that modifications would be made to accommodate the different charging port locations such as new cords and connectors. As for the space between I never see that at the bank of chargers at the local WaWa as most spots are always taken.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I would think that if Tesla Super Chargers open up to other EV's that modifications would be made to accommodate the different charging port locations such as new cords and connectors. As for the space between I never see that at the bank of chargers at the local WaWa as most spots are always taken.
I'm sure they'll have to do something ... what that is idk.

As for "pairing". It's on the V2 super chargers as they share the output power. V3 doesn't have that issue. So on V2s if 2 people charge "paired" (next to each other) you get less delivered.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm sure they'll have to do something ... what that is idk.

As for "pairing". It's on the V2 super chargers as they share the output power. V3 doesn't have that issue. So on V2s if 2 people charge "paired" (next to each other) you get less delivered.
Oh, ok, now I get what you are saying.
Sponsored