Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
What a difference a year makes! Last summer I did a road trip and had ALL of the EA stations to myself! Looks like those days are over!
Yeah, it's bitter sweet. Glad more EVs are catching on but the growing pains are more abundantly clear right now.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Yeah, it's bitter sweet. Glad more EVs are catching on but the growing pains are more abundantly clear right now.
Also adding we can blame Kia and Hyundai brands mostly.

syberghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
computer booper
Country flag
What are you talking about? The Niro has its charging port on the front and it looks like they are plugged in?
Did you really, seriously look at this picture and think "this person's behavior is acceptable?"

And, if so, do you still feel that way now, upon further consideration?

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Did you really, seriously look at this picture and think "this person's behavior is acceptable?"

And, if so, do you still feel that way now, upon further consideration?
There is a painted line that is hard to see and this prick is covering it. I don't think that anybody thought this was ok. The first response was reasonable due to the poor photography skills of the OP. We can all avoid being this guy and I think that is a point we can all agree on.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
My thought isā€¦ there are definitely some that are jerks regardless of what they drive, but where should new EV owners get a tutorial on charging etiquette? The more new EV owners there are the more ignorance there will be. Not trying to be an arrogant EV owner or anything, but I donā€™t think people are going out of their way to learn or research best practices before public charging, and a lot of this isnā€™t exactly common sense. Maybe that EA screen can be put to use for a tutorial ā€¦ oh wait, the computing power in these things will freeze up running Minesweeper.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Problem with this is that DCFC lines are typically actively cooled because of the monster current they are carrying. You can't "extend" that. I don't think there would be any safe implementation.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
The emergence of pro-crime policies in the PNW might be a factor. Stealing copper is one of the crimes generally not be prosecuted in Portland. Relative inexperience with charge site design is another.

On the plus side, the chargers were located a significant distance from the front door.

On the double plus side, the chargers take a credit card just like a gas station... No stupid app to sign up for!

On the negative side, a Bolt was parked at the chargers, but not even plugged in. What is the term for "ICING" when the car doing it is an EV?
The copper stealing sometimes leads to Darwin Award candidates
2 possibly electrocuted while stealing copper wiring, Phoenix police say (azcentral.com)

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Maybe that EA screen can be put to use for a tutorial ā€¦ oh wait, the computing power in these things will freeze up running Minesweeper.
I know it's tongue-in-cheek, but it's not that bad :p Took this picture at one of the EA stations that was being upgraded last year:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Not all charging station assholes drive ICE 1659979755820

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
It appears they ran out of battery while doing a YouTube video and had to coast to the charger. That's the best he could do until he had a little juice, then he moved it under power over to the left.

(My Rose colored glasses theory.)

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Ok fine
I know it's tongue-in-cheek, but it's not that bad :p Took this picture at one of the EA stations that was being upgraded last year:

Ok, fine it can run minesweeper šŸ˜›
Seriously though, I have had a some of them freeze up while charging and the response borders on snail-likeā€¦ I suspect there are big differences between the station models though since the newer ones felt quite snappy.

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Ok fine

Ok, fine it can run minesweeper šŸ˜›
Seriously though, I have had a some of them freeze up while charging and the response borders on snail-likeā€¦ I suspect there are big differences between the station models though since the newer ones felt quite snappy.
11th generation chip, Windows 10 Lont Term Stable Branch, but only 4 GB of RAM. Minecraft would be suitable for this and would keep the kids entertained.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
The ass hat is sitting in his car doing this
@EELinneman what did you do after taking the photo? I am curious. Did you politely knock on the window and say "Any chance you could please move over so I can charge on the right hand side" or did you just leave it alone, not wanting to take the chance of an escalated issue".

I find with people's lack of tolerance and anger issues, unless I am desperate to get a charging spot and there is nothing else around, I am not going to take the risk and ask someone to move. I would rather drive a few minutes to the next charger, then roll the dice as to what is going to happen next. As I reflect on what I have just written, I find it a sad statement, that in this modern day and age of enlightenment, that a simple request for someone to please move, is not something can be done without possible consequences. Do you think that our ancestors had the same issue when someone asked them to move their horse carriage or horse over a bit so they can get to the hitching post or water trough? Of course, people are people throughout time, good and bad and somewhere in-between.

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Iā€™ve seen that some of the planning isnā€™t always great to with the places where they put these chargers. I was in Annapolis Maryland recently and they had a charger in a Costco parking lot, and it was literally in the middle of parking spaces and a road that goes in and out of the parking lot. And because all of these damn chargers are positioned in weird ways and differently in each station, I had to be sticking out into the road to get hooked up. Automakers arenā€™t making any easier by having 12 different places to put the charging ports on the different vehicles and types. But that dude is still an asshat. Just because. ;)
Sponsored