JohnnySD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Hi All, I have a call forwarding system at work that requires me to press '1' to accept an incoming call (and press a different number to reject and have it go to voicemail). The dial screen that pops up with an incoming call prohibits me from pressing even a single number while the car is moving (even though I am allowed to press multiple buttons, search radio stations, find and navigate to recent address searches, etc). I realize this was programmed for safety, but now I need to reach into my pocket to pull up the screen on my phone and press the single number there instead - not exactly safer. In fact, much more dangerous. Is this a Mach E problem or an Apple CarPlay/iphone car interface programming problem?
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I don't know the answer to your specific question, but a lot of these nannies locking us out from typing, inputting numbers, etc, have also led me to fumble around with my phone when it would have just have been easier to let me use the giant screen for a moment and be done with it.

Hopefully they change it one day, or at least build in an override.

glenthompson

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Star White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Most probably lawyer mode. My Prius won’t let my passenger enter destinations even when the car knows someone is in the seat.
Sponsored