Not fat shaming but…

MidwestElectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Was grabbing a snapshot of tire size preparing to order winter tires. Saw this warning. Come on - FoMoCo. This is America. 872 lbs for 5 people and their luggage!!! This would void so many owners warranty if the car could weigh its contents.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Not fat shaming but… 2E948F14-5157-43C8-B5CE-A437B5EF4F70
Sponsored

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
Don’t know what yours is but my 22 select takes 1022 lbs with 39 psi tire pressure.

28B499EC-74FA-4B59-8715-05378B7D6AB7.jpeg

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I don't have the glass roof. I'm pretty light sensitive; it gives me headaches, so I didn't get it. I hate that it was bundled with hands-free BC and the 360 setup.
Maybe just the different model, or model year. I agree on the glass roof.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
A load capacity of 800-1000 lbs is very typical for most passenger vehicles, across the whole industry. So nothing is especially deficient here. Most people just don't realize how often they overload vehicles. Look at the stickers on your other vehicles that aren't trucks.

A slight overloading is fine, just don't go faster than 60 MPH. The weight limits are primarily based off the braking capacity of the car, if you exceed them you may have an exceptionally long stopping distance in an emergency. You may also be legally responsible if it was determined overloading contributed to the severity of a crash.

Hibtone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Mach E GT
Country flag
A load capacity of 800-1000 lbs is very typical for most passenger vehicles, across the whole industry. So nothing is especially deficient here. Most people just don't realize how often they overload vehicles. Look at the stickers on your other vehicles that aren't trucks.
Just checked the RDX and it's limit is only 870 lbs.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

A slight overloading is fine, just don't go faster than 60 MPH. The weight limits are primarily based off the braking capacity of the car, if you exceed them you may have an exceptionally long stopping distance in an emergency. You may also be legally responsible if it was determined overloading contributed to the severity of a crash.
This ^^^

Most vehicle owners are clueless, including people that tow. Many dangerously overloaded vehicles on the highway.

A relative of mine, years ago, would use different-sized tires and put more air in the smaller ones to make them the same size. Dry rot? What's that? He actually broke a hitch and had to have it welded while traveling.

smcnair

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platty, Explorer Platty, '23 Premium
Country flag
This ^^^

Most vehicle owners are clueless, including people that tow. Many dangerously overloaded vehicles on the highway.

A relative of mine, years ago, would use different-sized tires and put more air in the smaller ones to make them the same size. Dry rot? What's that? He actually broke a hitch and had to have it welded while traveling.
Wait until I tell you about boaters...

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

Shoot, if it is a truck you may be shocked by the payload rating. There are some current gen RAMs out there with under 1000lbs of payload capacity because of how RAM packages their options and axles. Minivans have more payload capacity than a lot of the high spec 1/2 ton trucks out there.

That wasn't a huge deal until a majority of them were ordered as crew cabs because now people get them to haul themselves, their spouse, two kids, and 200lbs of cargo, then put an 8,000lb TT on the back that is far too long and far too heavy, and are probably sitting 400lbs over payload. Yes, I have a crew cab F-150, but its payload is 1400lbs and I don't have an 8000lb TT, I don't intend to ever eclipse the payload of this truck, towing or not. :)

I worry far more about them than I do a Mach-e that is 50lbs over with 5 adults in it.
Sponsored