SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Anyone else’s car is not getting OTA updates? I’m getting none whatsoever. I know there have been at least two here in the U.K., probably more, but the last “update” my vehicle had was the software version that was installed when it was built way back in February.

I’ve raised the issue with Ford UK, but I’ve not heard back from them in over 3 weeks and I’m starting to get a little aggrieved. I’m wondering if anyone else has this issue and might be further along in the process and such can let me know what the issue was and how/if it was sorted at all?
Sponsored

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Anyone else’s car is not getting OTA updates? I’m getting none whatsoever. I know there have been at least two here in the U.K., probably more, but the last “update” my vehicle had was the software version that was installed when it was built way back in February.

I’ve raised the issue with Ford UK, but I’ve not heard back from them in over 3 weeks and I’m starting to get a little aggrieved. I’m wondering if anyone else has this issue and might be further along in the process and such can let me know what the issue was and how/if it was sorted at all?
My car is a later build , late april, I've only had two updates. I think whether a car gets an OTA is dependent on the build date. Is your car configured, if you look at the nav screen the legend across the very top of the screen you should have (I think if I recall correctly). and icon with two vertical hashed lines with arrows one up one down, right next to it is a little triangle, this shows that your car is configured to communicate for OTAs. In the US manual it's discussed on page 21 "connected vehicle data"

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
My car is a later build , late april, I've only had two updates. I think whether a car gets an OTA is dependent on the build date. Is your car configured, if you look at the nav screen the legend across the very top of the screen you should have (I think if I recall correctly). and icon with two vertical hashed lines with arrows one up one down, right next to it is a little triangle, this shows that your car is configured to communicate for OTAs. In the US manual it's discussed on page 21 "connected vehicle data"
Yeah, I got them. Interestingly and not sure if it’s connected or not, but I’ve never been able to get my cars hot spot to work… the data has been activated and my free trial period has since come and gone without me being able to use so much as a single kilobyte. I know U.K. owners with similar build dates in Feb have been getting updates… just not mine. #Bricked lol

Ford Mustang Mach-E Not getting OTA updates. BBBA1D8D-8165-4154-BFF8-509DB11FCBDB

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Yeah, I got them. Interestingly and not sure if it’s connected or not, but I’ve never been able to get my cars hot spot to work… the data has been activated and my free trial period has since come and gone without me being able to use so much as a single kilobyte. I know U.K. owners with similar build dates in Feb have been getting updates… just not mine. #Bricked lol

Ford Mustang Mach-E Not getting OTA updates. BBBA1D8D-8165-4154-BFF8-509DB11FCBDB
Yeah, I’m the same.
I didn’t use any of my free data as well but thought this was because I mainly use Apple car play. ?‍♂
Mine was a December build. Have contacted the concierge to see if they can provide any update.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Yeah, I’m the same.
I didn’t use any of my free data as well but thought this was because I mainly use Apple car play. ?‍♂
Mine was a December build. Have contacted the concierge to see if they can provide any update.
Same re: concierge. They’ve chased up whoever is looking into it, but they’ve not heard anything in over 3 weeks. Frustrating.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Same re: concierge. They’ve chased up whoever is looking into it, but they’ve not heard anything in over 3 weeks. Frustrating.
Hi @SJ_Okay and @Mercury8

As you may recall, I've been chasing this in the UK as well for a month now since I first noticed this.

On our forum there were I think 10 of us out of 13 who responded and said they had continual "Failed Updates". I've chased various at Ford on this, but the best information I had was that they had escalated my first call to the Tech Team (wherever they are) and they will just "release an update when they sort it". Apparently the Tech Team do not go back to the Mach-E team or anyone and advise them on the problem and resolution.

I spoke again with the Mach-E team yesterday afternoon for half an hour, and said we really need a senior Ford rep to pick this up.

I emphasised that the whole Ford communications experience has been totally awful and I think he understood, but not sure it will make any difference.

The US Ford Account on this forum basically said they don't deal with the UK!

Watch this space

Cheers,
David

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Hi @SJ_Okay and @Mercury8

As you may recall, I've been chasing this in the UK as well for a month now since I first noticed this.

On our forum there were I think 10 of us out of 13 who responded and said they had continual "Failed Updates". I've chased various at Ford on this, but the best information I had was that they had escalated my first call to the Tech Team (wherever they are) and they will just "release an update when they sort it". Apparently the Tech Team do not go back to the Mach-E team or anyone and advise them on the problem and resolution.

I spoke again with the Mach-E team yesterday afternoon for half an hour, and said we really need a senior Ford rep to pick this up.

I emphasised that the whole Ford communications experience has been totally awful and I think he understood, but not sure it will make any difference.

The US Ford Account on this forum basically said they don't deal with the UK!

Watch this space

Cheers,
David
Yep. I’ve pointed this out to people at Ford UK and been told to contact the Ford Customer Relations Centre, they just pass me on to the concierge and the concierge just relays a message, most likely to the US team who are busy worrying about giving BlueCruise to early adopter.

At least your car tries to do an update. Mine doesn’t even receive any packages… it can’t fail the update because it’s not even getting them in the first place.

I would hate to be a new customer who doesn’t have access to this forum… not that it would help, since the Ford team on here tell us they can’t help us. There is literally zero after care / tech support available. Once you’ve parted with our money, you better hope your car works fine, because if it doesn’t you’re not about get any support from anyone.
Sponsored