Not Honoring MSRP before Price Hike in December

Annie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG Mach E Select
Has anyone had an issue with Gosch Ford of Hemet not honoring the MSRP before the price hike in December? My Mach E is at the dealer and they are not honoring the MSRP of when I ordered.
Sponsored

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
I had the same issue at a different dealer, Galpin Ford, in Southern California. I did have one thing going for me. I had in writing from the dealer sales manager that they'll honor MSRP. However, I did not get it in writing that they'll honor the original MSRP. I kept pushing them to pull up the price protection notices from Ford and pulling the original order sheet, checking Smart VINCENT, and getting the DORA sheets that lay out the original order price. This took phone calls to Ford, chats with Ford.com chat, and many emails and phone calls with the dealer manager.

My post on how my purchase experience went: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/5-16-22-build-week-adventures.16322/page-62#post-455947

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had the exact same problem when I did my '21 F150 order. I used X-Plan and therefore no need for negotiation, but the whole time he said the price will be what the price will be when it is stickered/invoiced. Low and behold one of the options (max tow) increased by $600 in December, and my truck wasn't stickered until February. I tried to plead my case that I ordered WAY before (September) any price hike and he said they don't control the prices. My email trail never had anything in writing, he was very smart to stay consistent.

So I believe unless you get something IN WRITING to where the dealership has to eat the cost hike from Ford corporate, then you have no legs to stand on.
Sponsored