First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3 AWD ER
Country flag
Hi All

I’ve taken my car into Ford to get them to update the software (still on 3.6). They claim there is nothing wrong with the car and it’s an app issue. I’m on the latest app and have auto updates on and scheduled for everyday at 10pm.

anyone else stuck on a Nov 22 s/w version?
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi All

I’ve taken my car into Ford to get them to update the software (still on 3.6). They claim there is nothing wrong with the car and it’s an app issue. I’m on the latest app and have auto updates on and scheduled for everyday at 10pm.

Yes. 22 GT Personally I am fine for now until some serious software update comes out that I feel would be an improvement. I have zero issues and not sure if I care for the Sync upgrade (do not use Car Play or Android Auto)

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
App has nothing to do with the software in the car. Dealer is stumped/lazy. Sadly probably have to find a new one.

OP
OP

Jarrattp

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3 AWD ER
Country flag
Spoke to the technician. He says that it might be the 12v battery that is below 80% and therefore preventing the s/w upgrade. He said that they are getting a lot of cars in that don’t update because the 12v batteries are effectively not holding their charge because of excessive seat warmer and steering warmer use. Does this compute? Shouldn’t the 12v battery last more than 1.5 years? And shouldn’t it recharge itself like a regular gasoline car?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
@Jarrattp maybe you should send me your VIN so I can check, but I'm pretty sure your lack of updates is not due to use of heated seats... 😄

The 80% thing only applies if you have failed update attempts. If you have no updates trying to install it's due to a different reason. Pretty sure you need powertrain updates done to unlock the other updates if you never received 3.6.2 or if the car was updated by the dealer last fall.

Oh, and to be clear, heated seats and wheel do not drain the 12V battery because they only activate while the car is on and the DC/DC converter is powering the 12V system. 12V batteries below 80% is due to parasitic drains or not driving the vehicle long enough (short trips).

Last edited:

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
Hi All

Yes. I was stuck after 3.6.1 on November 5. I opened up a case with the OTA team and took it to the dealer a second time, but this time with a message from the OTA team that asked them to update my car to get the SYNC version with the new UI and to call if they run into any problems. It worked.

OP
OP

Jarrattp

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3 AWD ER
Country flag
Thank you!

QUOTE="Mach-Lee, post: 625469, member: 5636"]
@Jarrattp maybe you should send me your VIN so I can check, but I'm pretty sure your lack of updates is not due to use of heated seats... 😄

The 80% thing only applies if you have failed update attempts. If you have no updates trying to install it's due to a different reason. Pretty sure you need powertrain updates done to unlock the other updates if you never received 3.6.2 or if the car was updated by the dealer last fall.

Oh, and to be clear, heated seats and wheel do not drain the 12V battery because they only activate while the car is on and the DC/DC converter is powering the 12V system. 12V batteries below 80% is due to parasitic drains or not driving the vehicle long enough (short trips).
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

ATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Trans Am, 2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Yes, I'm still there, November '22 build, no updates. In not crazy about the SYNC updates either, but there's just something that says it makes sense to be on the latest version, even if it has some broken parts. I tried the fuse 11/12 pull today. We'll see if that opens the update floodgates.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thank you!
Alright, so you're going to be a little shocked here, but looking through your history I cannot find any evidence that your car has ever been updated by your dealer. Even though your dealer claimed 21P22, 22B28, and 22S41 programs were completed! They weren't, and you have old pre-recall powertrain software from 2021 installed currently. So you are at risk of sudden HVBJB failure with 20k miles and pre-recall software installed. Here are all the modules that have updates:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Not received an update since Nov 22 1680841534937

I also see your car isn't communicating all the connected vehicle data it should. This could be due to old software, or perhaps you have connected vehicle data sharing turned off? Make sure your settings match default like this so you get OTAs. There could also be an activation problem with your modem. Does remote start from the FordPass app work?

So, you need to have a little chat with the service manager or better yet the dealership manager about why your car wasn't actually updated when it was claimed in warranty work that it was? They have a lot of updates they need to do, starting with the 22S41 safety recall they didn't actually perform. Your dealer generally has a good sales reputation, so the shoddy service work is surprising. I'm not sure they know how to do a software update.

Check back with me to verify they finished any updates successfully. If things don't go well, you may want to switch dealers.

Last edited:

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I am not worried about updates at the moment but I am wondering if at some point in the future it should concern me? I never received the recall OTA but I shared my VIN and was told my modules were up to date. My understanding, I hope correct, was subsequent OTA’s after the recall such as 3.6.1 (which I did receive) updated the same modules. Everything works fine for me but I also do not want to end up too far down the rabbit hole if there is some kind of issue.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I am not worried about updates at the moment but I am wondering if at some point in the future it should concern me? I never received the recall OTA but I shared my VIN and was told my modules were up to date. My understanding, I hope correct, was subsequent OTA’s after the recall such as 3.6.1 (which I did receive) updated the same modules. Everything works fine for me but I also do not want to end up too far down the rabbit hole if there is some kind of issue.
I don't see any dealer update history for you either. You had Mike G last check in January. Since you don't have the new UI and camera button yet, I'd consider you to be behind on updates. You have a U3000 code in your APIM which could be causing issues receiving OTAs, but you may want to try the 10 ignition cycle trick or removing the 12V battery cable to reset things. If you still don't get OTAs in a week you may need to bring it to a dealer for updates.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't see any dealer update history for you either. You had Mike G last check in January. Since you don't have the new UI and camera button yet, I'd consider you to be behind on updates. You have a U3000 code in your APIM which could be causing issues receiving OTAs, but you may want to try the 10 ignition cycle trick or removing the 12V battery cable to reset things. If you still don't get OTAs in a week you may need to bring it to a dealer for updates.
Thanks - I will try those! (Of course I do not have a camera so the button is not of much use!)

OP
OP

Jarrattp

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3 AWD ER
Country flag
Alright, so you're going to be a little shocked here, but looking through your history I cannot find any evidence that your car has ever been updated by your dealer. Even though your dealer claimed 21P22, 22B28, and 22S41 programs were completed! They weren't, and you have old pre-recall powertrain software from 2021 installed currently. So you are at risk of sudden HVBJB failure with 20k miles and pre-recall software installed. Here are all the modules that have updates:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Not received an update since Nov 22 1680841534937

I also see your car isn't communicating all the connected vehicle data it should. This could be due to old software, or perhaps you have connected vehicle data sharing turned off? Make sure your settings match default like this so you get OTAs. There could also be an activation problem with your modem. Does remote start from the FordPass app work?

So, you need to have a little chat with the service manager or better yet the dealership manager about why your car wasn't actually updated when it was claimed in warranty work that it was? They have a lot of updates they need to do, starting with the 22S41 safety recall they didn't actually perform. Your dealer generally has a good sales reputation, so the shoddy service work is surprising. I'm not sure they know how to do a software update.

Check back with me to verify they finished any updates successfully. If things don't go well, you may want to switch dealers.
Thank you! I have sent this info to the dealer and they said they would get back to me tomorrow. I do believe i have connected vehicle data turned off, but hard to check as car is at dealer. Will let you know. Thanks for your help!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thank you! I have sent this info to the dealer and they said they would get back to me tomorrow. I do believe i have connected vehicle data turned off, but hard to check as car is at dealer. Will let you know. Thanks for your help!
Connected vehicle data sharing should be turned on to receive OTAs. Otherwise the server won’t know your vehicle status or software versions you have. You can turn off analytics, but the first few options should be enabled so OTAs and the FordPass app works properly.
Sponsored