Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Spoke to the technician. He says that it might be the 12v battery that is below 80% and therefore preventing the s/w upgrade. He said that they are getting a lot of cars in that don’t update because the 12v batteries are effectively not holding their charge because of excessive seat warmer and steering warmer use. Does this compute? Shouldn’t the 12v battery last more than 1.5 years? And shouldn’t it recharge itself like a regular gasoline car?
Good morning! I'd like to look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.
Sponsored

Mr.Meme

First Name
Mr. Meme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium STD RWD 22
Country flag
Just realized I'm still on 3.6.2, have had more than 10 cycles, all of my connected services are on and I have auto updates on, and I often drive on hour+ drives.

I took my car in a few months back for the 10k service and did not receive any updates at that time, my last update I believe occurred before that. My dealership has been historically incompetent every time I deal with them...

Blue cruise hasnt been working past couple of days, navigation is off, and I've been wondering why I haven't gotten the camera button since I saw a video about it months back and finally looked it up and realized im way back on updates...
As a side note my securialert still works

Mach-Lee I sent you a PM about it could you please check it out for me if you get the chance.

Alright, so you're going to be a little shocked here, but looking through your history I cannot find any evidence that your car has ever been updated by your dealer. Even though your dealer claimed 21P22, 22B28, and 22S41 programs were completed! They weren't, and you have old pre-recall powertrain software from 2021 installed currently. So you are at risk of sudden HVBJB failure with 20k miles and pre-recall software installed. Here are all the modules that have updates:

1680841534937.png

I also see your car isn't communicating all the connected vehicle data it should. This could be due to old software, or perhaps you have connected vehicle data sharing turned off? Make sure your settings match default like this so you get OTAs. There could also be an activation problem with your modem. Does remote start from the FordPass app work?

So, you need to have a little chat with the service manager or better yet the dealership manager about why your car wasn't actually updated when it was claimed in warranty work that it was? They have a lot of updates they need to do, starting with the 22S41 safety recall they didn't actually perform. Your dealer generally has a good sales reputation, so the shoddy service work is surprising. I'm not sure they know how to do a software update.

Check back with me to verify they finished any updates successfully. If things don't go well, you may want to switch dealers.

Mr.Meme

First Name
Mr. Meme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update:

Disconnecting and reconnecting the 12v battery forced the update after 10 days just as @Mach-Lee suggested.

May have also helped that I connected the car to my home wifi after the reset since I get bad cell service in my area.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was in “No OTA” club since November and finally today received 4.2.1 via OTA. No dealer visits, calls or 12v battery disconnecting. At time of notification the car was at 65% of charge and not connected to the charger.
F67CBFC4-FAE5-4FBD-939A-0D938D221E44.jpeg

Mr.Meme

First Name
Mr. Meme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was in “No OTA” club since November and finally today received 4.2.1 via OTA. No dealer visits, calls or 12v battery disconnecting. At time of notification the car was at 65% of charge and not connected to the charger.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Not received an update since Nov 22 F67CBFC4-FAE5-4FBD-939A-0D938D221E44
Nice, well then it could have totally been a coincidence then and it just happened to line up with my 12v reset. And yes I was also under 80%. Maybe we were in a group of 22s that just got it.

Looking through other threads looks like we won't get the U.I change until 4.2.2, let's hope it isn't months away.

Reality Check

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD 91KWh
Country flag
I have update 4.2.1 yet still don’t have the new UI with the new camera button and the ability to adjust fan speed, etc. with the volume dial.

It seems the problem is that my SYNC version is still stuck at 22228 Rev. 539 which dates back to September of ‘22 according to this version history.

The car is on WiFi when garaged at home, so how or why can the SYNC version (22228 Rev. 539) fall so far behind the Power-Up version (4.2.1) … and how do I get caught up!?

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not that it matters but I was surprised to receive 4.2.1 this morning.

Magnamover

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GTPE DMG &18 Mustang GT conv
Country flag
Same here, had not received any update since Nov, and now have 4.2.1 as of today. Somebody pushed a button somewhere....

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Nice, well then it could have totally been a coincidence then and it just happened to line up with my 12v reset. And yes I was also under 80%. Maybe we were in a group of 22s that just got it.

Looking through other threads looks like we won't get the U.I change until 4.2.2, let's hope it isn't months away.
For updates to install, the 12V battery is what must be at minimum 80% charge, not the HVB. Maybe that’s what you’re referring to, but I thought I should spell it out for future readers of this thread.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
How/where is the 12v battery charge percentage displayed?
If you garage your car, you can apply a 12V charger to your 12V battery once a week to ensure that it’s over 80% at least once per week. 😊🐩

Reality Check

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD 91KWh
Country flag
OK, so then what is/are the most popular/recommended ODB2 diagnostic device(s) in the MME community nowadays?
Sponsored