Not receiving OTA updates since Nov 22 on Mach e 22 premium with extended version

MacheCA22

First Name
Nomad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium 22
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The last OTA I received on my Mach e 22 premium was in last Nov version 3.6.1. Since then I see that a good number of versions are released. I have not received any of those.
Is any one else having this issue?
Is my 22 Mach e premium not eligible to get any more updates.
Thanks
Sponsored

Homer007

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
Same here. 22 premium extended, last update November (3.6.1). :(

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The last OTA I received on my Mach e 22 premium was in last Nov version 3.6.1. Since then I see that a good number of versions are released. I have not received any of those.
Is any one else having this issue?
Is my 22 Mach e premium not eligible to get any more updates.
Thanks
Yes, others are having the issue.

Yes, you will get many more updates.

Nerwyn

First Name
Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Same here. 21 Premium in EA but stuck on 3.6.1. After several weeks of back and forth with the early access program email the product manager of the early access program informed me that:

Due to a mismatch in the Powertrain SW modules that is currently installed in your vehicle, it is not allowing us to perform an OTA update; as a result, please visit your dealership to get the PowerTrain suite of Modules updated to SU3 FPU 3.6.2.

Following this update, you should start receiving the upcoming SU4.x SW updates via OTA.
I took it in a month ago before that email and all they did was factory reset my infotainment system and delete all my settings. I have another appointment scheduled for next week and hopefully armed with this information they'll actually fix it this time.

It may be worth it to contact Ford corporate support over it. While you may not be in the EA program [email protected] got me to someone helpful who was able to give me concrete information on why I haven't been getting updates.

TheBraydenKyle

First Name
Brayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Sales Management
Country flag
Same

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Same here. 21 Premium in EA but stuck on 3.6.1. After several weeks of back and forth with the early access program email the product manager of the early access program informed me that:

I took it in a month ago before that email and all they did was factory reset my infotainment system and delete all my settings. I have another appointment scheduled for next week and hopefully armed with this information they'll actually fix it this time.

It may be worth it to contact Ford corporate support over it. While you may not be in the EA program [email protected] got me to someone helpful who was able to give me concrete information on why I haven't been getting updates.
My car is enrolled in the Ford EA program and I have actively enrolled the vehicle in the Advanced Telematics, yet Ford and my local dealership have been no help.

Vehicle s(t)uck on 3.5.4.2 with no update in sight.

Ford Corporate (customer support) seems to drop the ball as soon as the vehicle gets handed off to the local dealership. Hoping you have someone at your local dealership that has been trained properly in EVs.

All I can do at this point is laugh at the situation. I/we are beta testers for Ford.

I've shared my situation with some of my fellow employees and they all get a kick out of the IT guy having technical issues with the "fancy EV". I work for a handful of radio stations here in the San Diego market at it has provided some good radio content for our morning shows. I'll see if I can find some of the sound bytes to post.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
My car is enrolled in the Ford EA program and I have actively enrolled the vehicle in the Advanced Telematics, yet Ford and my local dealership have been no help.

Vehicle s(t)uck on 3.5.4.2 with no update in sight.

Ford Corporate (customer support) seems to drop the ball as soon as the vehicle gets handed off to the local dealership. Hoping you have someone at your local dealership that has been trained properly in EVs.

All I can do at this point is laugh at the situation. I/we are beta testers for Ford.

I've shared my situation with some of my fellow employees and they all get a kick out of the IT guy having technical issues with the "fancy EV". I work for a handful of radio stations here in the San Diego market at it has provided some good radio content for our morning shows. I'll see if I can find some of the sound bytes to post.
Then contact EA using their email. There have been issues with Advanced Telematics stopping updates, I believe. It is funny that as an IT guy you're shocked that a first gen make of a car has software kinks that need to be worked out.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Due to a mismatch in the Powertrain SW modules that is currently installed in your vehicle, it is not allowing us to perform an OTA update; as a result, please visit your dealership to get the PowerTrain suite of Modules updated to SU3 FPU 3.6.2.

Following this update, you should start receiving the upcoming SU4.x SW updates via OTA.
THIS. EXACTLY THIS. I was going to suggest the same, but it's good to finally have confirmation! I contacted Ford about this issue in late December (and I gave up on it because no one got back to me with the correct answer), I guess they finally figured it out.

Here's the deal. If someone did recall/powertrain updates to your car using FDRS (dealer or self updater) between September and January, you will have mismatched powertrain module versions on your vehicle. Ford published the wrong software in FDRS apparently. That's why you won't get 3.6.2 or any further.

EDIT: Looking like most people have the necessary PCM update showing up in FDRS now. If you are stuck, ask your dealer to apply the PCM and any other powertrain updates.

Last edited:

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Then contact EA using their email. There have been issues with Advanced Telematics stopping updates, I believe. It is funny that as an IT guy you're shocked that a first gen make of a car has software kinks that need to be worked out.
Not shocked at all about the issues. Just wish Ford wouldn't leave 1st Gen / Early adopters behind with little/no support.

At the very least, those enrolled in Early Access should probably speak to properly trained CS agents that can work directly with a dealership to see an issue resolved. That is the point of an Early Access/Beta, right?

I've just lost hope due to all of the back and forth I've done with Ford Corp and my local dealership(s). I've gone the email route (several times) and have even worked with @FordCorp here in the forums and my car is no closer to receiving updates.

My local dealership says that everything has been done.

I've already placed an order for the necessary Mongoose USB data cable and a reprogramming power supply needed to do my own updates. Just hate to have to make that kind of investment to do something that should already be taken care of.

TTF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium E4x
Country flag
My 2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD got its most recent update a few weeks ago to version 4.13

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
22 GT myself and patiently waiting. Personally do not really care other than I imagine the carā€™s software needs to continue to move forward for continuous improvements. No issues at this time with the carā€™s software and I am not too sure I am going to like the new version of Sync. It will arrive one of these days and I will just have to deal with the changes. I would be proud to carry the red lantern for this update and hope everyone who desire it gets it first!

Nerwyn

First Name
Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Here's the deal. If someone did recall/powertrain updates to your car using FDRS (dealer or self updater) between September and January, you will have mismatched powertrain module versions on your vehicle. Ford published the wrong software in FDRS apparently. That's why you won't get 3.6.2 or any further. In addition, you will have an uphill battle when you get to your dealer because no powertrain updates will show up in FDRS (unless they recently fixed that). You dealer will likely need to make a special case with the TAC so they can manually trigger powertrain updates to show up.
I think that's exactly what happened. I had to come in to manually get the recall updates and unstuck from 2.7.3 last year. What is the TAC? I want to make sure I have all the information I need next week so I can refuse to take my car back until they update it to 3.6.2.

dr__bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD, 2016 Fusion Energi Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a different situation, but similarā€¦. I was stuck on 3.5.4 since October, but then suddenly in late Jan I got a flurry of updates up to 4.1.1. Then nothing until mid Feb, when I got a ā€œstealthā€ update to 4.1.2. I know that it is 4.1.2, since the UI changed. But neither the car nor FordPass are willing to admit it. FordPass says that the last update was on Jan 30 to 4.1.1. Since Ford is not admitting that I have 4.1.2, Iā€™m wondering whether Iā€™m now stuck.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I think that's exactly what happened. I had to come in to manually get the recall updates and unstuck from 2.7.3 last year. What is the TAC? I want to make sure I have all the information I need next week so I can refuse to take my car back until they update it to 3.6.2.
Good news for you, you have the PCM and powertrain updates showing up in FDRS. Your dealer just needs to run them and then you'll be on track for the 4.x updates.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Not receiving OTA updates since Nov 22 on Mach e  22 premium with extended version 1678848850117

TAC is technical assistance center, I don't think your dealer will need to call them because the updates are showing up now.
Sponsored