Not receiving OTA updates since Nov 22 on Mach e 22 premium with extended version

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I have a different situation, but similar…. I was stuck on 3.5.4 since October, but then suddenly in late Jan I got a flurry of updates up to 4.1.1. Then nothing until mid Feb, when I got a “stealth” update to 4.1.2. I know that it is 4.1.2, since the UI changed. But neither the car nor FordPass are willing to admit it. FordPass says that the last update was on Jan 30 to 4.1.1. Since Ford is not admitting that I have 4.1.2, I’m wondering whether I’m now stuck.
I checked and you got 4.2.1 installed successfully on Feb 25th. It was not a "stealth" update and you are not stuck on updates. I think I explained this before, but there was probably a server outage at the time that prevented notification in FordPass of the update completing. It is marked as completed in Ford's system properly.
Sponsored

dr__bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD, 2016 Fusion Energi Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I checked and you got 4.2.1 installed successfully on Feb 25th. It was not a "stealth" update and you are not stuck on updates. I think I explained this before, but there was probably a server outage at the time that prevented notification in FordPass of the update completing. It is marked as completed in Ford's system properly.
Thanks for checking!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was under the understanding from here that the dealer will only install updates if there is something wrong with the car and it being stuck and not updating is not something wrong. Is that still the position of Ford or will there be a TSB on this for those that are effected? It is like ground hog day every second or third update. One in 1.x.x one in 2.x.x had to be one in 3.x.x just stands to reason.

OP
OP
MacheCA22

MacheCA22

First Name
Nomad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium 22
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
THIS. EXACTLY THIS. I was going to suggest the same, but it's good to finally have confirmation! I contacted Ford about this issue in late December (and I gave up on it because no one got back to me with the correct answer), I guess they finally figured it out.

Here's the deal. If someone did recall/powertrain updates to your car using FDRS (dealer or self updater) between September and January, you will have mismatched powertrain module versions on your vehicle. Ford published the wrong software in FDRS apparently. That's why you won't get 3.6.2 or any further.

EDIT: Looking like most people have the necessary PCM update showing up in FDRS now. If you are stuck, ask your dealer to apply the PCM and any other powertrain updates.

I contacted the dealer and they are saying its going to cost $265 for them to just check the issue.
Has any one else have a similar issue?

OP
OP
MacheCA22

MacheCA22

First Name
Nomad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium 22
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Good news for you, you have the PCM and powertrain updates showing up in FDRS. Your dealer just needs to run them and then you'll be on track for the 4.x updates.

1678848850117.png

TAC is technical assistance center, I don't think your dealer will need to call them because the updates are showing up now.

How did you get this information?

lonndog

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, Prius V, Mach-E (2021 in 2022)
Occupation
SW CI/CD
Country flag
I have something else going on, update wise: Was updated to 4.2.2 a few weeks ago. Yesterday, I got 4.2.1 re-pushed (the notification said it was a re-do) and 4.2.2 today (another re-do).

🤷‍♂️

phirey

First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER, Shadow Black
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Country flag
I've only owned my 2022 Premium ER since 2/9/23, but mine seems stuck as well. Just lost over an hour of my life to Ford SYNC chat, which eventually told me they had no access to my OTA info and I needed to call the OTA department. I did, and the most condescending agent I've talked to in a long while told me it's "impossible" to check if an update is queued or if the Powertrain SW mentioned above is the problem. She told me "hat the update will come when the car is ready," and tried to placate me by telling me her own Mach E was stuck one module behind mine. I bets she says the same thing to the 1996 Taurus owners she talks to, too.

Nerwyn

First Name
Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Good news for you, you have the PCM and powertrain updates showing up in FDRS. Your dealer just needs to run them and then you'll be on track for the 4.x updates.

1678848850117.png

TAC is technical assistance center, I don't think your dealer will need to call them because the updates are showing up now.
Thanks for this Lee. Today I remembered that I asked for this before my last appointment with my dealer here in this thread, and the list of available updates is the same. Sounds like the dealership really screwed up last time I visited because they didn't install anything. This is so god damn frustrating. I feel like this time I'm going to have to complain and refuse to leave or take my car back until they actually install these updates.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for this Lee. Today I remembered that I asked for this before my last appointment with my dealer here in this thread, and the list of available updates is the same. Sounds like the dealership really screwed up last time I visited because they didn't install anything. This is so god damn frustrating. I feel like this time I'm going to have to complain and refuse to leave or take my car back until they actually install these updates.
It was 16 modules (then repeat) for me and took 2 times 2 months apart. First time like you nothing was done but the second all went quick and installed well. Hoping luck.

skuker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Extended
Country flag
This is all finally making sense I had a HVBJB replacement in early January. They reprogrammed the powertrain modules and I haven’t received an update since. Guess it’s time to break out the mongoose.

OP
OP
MacheCA22

MacheCA22

First Name
Nomad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium 22
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I was under the understanding from here that the dealer will only install updates if there is something wrong with the car and it being stuck and not updating is not something wrong. Is that still the position of Ford or will there be a TSB on this for those that are effected? It is like ground hog day every second or third update. One in 1.x.x one in 2.x.x had to be one in 3.x.x just stands to reason.

Did you get any help then? How are users suppose to fix this?

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
I am stuck on 3.6.1 as well, 2022 Select.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you get any help then? How are users suppose to fix this?
Reading a few posts of this linked thread may help? Link

On 3.6.1 here since Nov. 2022. It appears they work to make it happen OTA and not having you go in. That has not worked out in the past for all. 3.6.1 has not been that bad for me. My list is shorter. If they can not work it out OTA you would hope they would allow you to go in and get it fixed. They should be able to figure out if there are any problems cars and have our emails. Not sure that has been the case in the past.
Sponsored