Not sure how I feel about the Shelby MME

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Looks a little too much like a hot hatch/rally car for my taste. I realize performance vehicles are often dropped lower than their standard counterparts, but I think the Mach-E is already pretty low to begin with for an SUV so they really shouldn't go much, if at all, lower than a GT.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
It's only a rendering of how it "could" look. These speculation articles are annoying--there for clicks and ad revenue. When they have pics of the actual car, then it will be worth discussing.
Not just a rendering. It’s been to a couple car shows. But it is still just a beta test mock up. They aren’t anywhere near done with it.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
It's still a concept, but it has been built (not just a rendering):
https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/Shelby-Mustang-Mach-E-GT
https://kickinthetires.net/car-cult...-e-gt-concept-to-electrify-performance-world/

I think the hood scoop and side stripes are butt ugly.
Hadn't checked out the Shelby site and their writeup. Are they doing anything to tune the car? Seems like all they tout is external mods and changes. Nothing on increasing power output, torque, or anything beyond what the GT Performance already does.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I saw a picture with a different side stripe which looked much better.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Hadn't checked out the Shelby site and their writeup. Are they doing anything to tune the car? Seems like all they tout is external mods and changes. Nothing on increasing power output, torque, or anything beyond what the GT Performance already does.
From what I have read, so far it is only cosmetic and suspension changes. Speculation is that there will be power train tuning, but I have not read that they have accomplished this. ?‍♂?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The seats look like crappy “video gaming chairs” you can buy at staples ?
That’s because they’re Recarro racing seats. Which is what all those stupid “gaming chairs” attempt to copy…poorly. But yeah, racing seats would not be comfy for a daily driver.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I'm thinking this is not a daily driver, how would rain effect the windscreen coming through the intake?

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
It's still a concept, but it has been built (not just a rendering):
https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/Shelby-Mustang-Mach-E-GT
https://kickinthetires.net/car-cult...-e-gt-concept-to-electrify-performance-world/

I think the hood scoop and side stripes are butt ugly.
I personally like the design, but it wasn't until I saw a top down shot where I realized that the hood going down is going to lead to water and snow going into the front. Not sure if that leads to the Frunk or not, but that would suck to have your frunk fill with snow and ice in the winter. Rain may not be a big deal, but it means you can't keep anything in there without it getting wet. I realize this is a very west coast Canadian perspective, but it would prevent me from buy this for sure.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I personally like the design, but it wasn't until I saw a top down shot where I realized that the hood going down is going to lead to water and snow going into the front. Not sure if that leads to the Frunk or not, but that would suck to have your frunk fill with snow and ice in the winter. Rain may not be a big deal, but it means you can't keep anything in there without it getting wet. I realize this is a very west coast Canadian perspective, but it would prevent me from buy this for sure.
From what I read, the air extractor in the frunk lid is functional. This would mean that there is no frunk tub under it, since it is supposed to extract air from the heat exchangers at the front of the vehicle. Snow or rain or leaves would pack into the back side of the heat exchangers. ??‍♂?

This is a performance modification, probably intended for a future tuning change or possibly for some hardware changes. It is not meant for use in inclement weather conditions. ??

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
My worthless opinion: Shelby American turns out visually altered versions of Ford products and charges $$$$$ because your car is in the SA Registry. Yes, some models have tangible modifications beyond just body kits and tape/stripes/25 Shelby badges.

However, Often times they fail to even meet the performance specs of the Mustang they are based on - think S197 chassis GT500 Super Snake that proved slower in multiple tests than an OEM GT500. I bet the GTPE version is more of the same.
Sponsored