Not sure my dealer has a clue about the ordering process..and I sure as heck don't.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
If you haven't ordered yet, your wait can be awhile.

We have folks who ordered during the launch who haven't received their cars yet. Others, such as myself are at the one-year mark and ours were scheduled to be built last week but haven't yet started.
Just to be clear on terminology....you could not place an order at launch, only a reservation (which I did). I'm not sure when we were allowed to start converting reservations to real orders, but I think it was maybe June 2020? Mine was converted (thus "ordered") in August.
Sponsored

OP
OP

tangme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e AWD, Ext range batt, F150
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Man, I just got back from my test drive and that was a very fun car to drive. The acceleration was awesome. Another bit of good news, the dealer my reservation is through just called and said it would be produced sometime toward the end of March or early April....still doesn't have a build date or VIN number, but I'm very happy I got the test drive and a confirmation that my order is in the que. .

OP
OP

tangme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did the test drive this morning. Nothing but high marks for this car. It was extremely fun car (SUV) to drive. Punched it several times and it didn't disappoint. Got behind some slow people and went around them with ease....on one pass I went from like 60 to 90 in the snap of a finger (lol..or it seemed that way). Dealer said he couldn't sell it till it had 4000 miles or 4 months on it.

Good news was the dealer I had ordered mine through told me this morning that the Ford Regional manager said it would be built within in the next 2 months...so late March to Early April is how I interpreted that.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Just to be clear on terminology....you could not place an order at launch, only a reservation (which I did). I'm not sure when we were allowed to start converting reservations to real orders, but I think it was maybe June 2020? Mine was converted (thus "ordered") in August.
Yes, order conversion started in mid-June 2020. Anyone wanting to get in line after that has to go straight to the ordering process. The comment was in reference to a person who has yet to place an order. They'll be waiting for "awhile" as Ford slowly runs through the previous orders.

How long is"awhile?" Lord knows.

Mayesc1

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Energy Manager
Country flag
Two green checkboxes should be checked on Order Web page - "Order Sent to Dealer" and "Order Accepted by Dealer".
I keep going back with my local dealership. They keep telling me they don't accept the order until it is about to go into production. From this thread it seems the dealership has to accept my order before it even makes into the thread.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I keep going back with my local dealership. They keep telling me they don't accept the order until it is about to go into production. From this thread it seems the dealership has to accept my order before it even makes into the thread.
Find another dealer at this point. Then call Ford and have the order switched to that new dealer.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That’s not how mine worked. Acceptance came within a few hours. Still waiting for build date after 3 weeks which isn’t long compared to others.

Gkabrown

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 1966 Mustang Fastback 2021 MachE FE Grey
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I ordered mine on 12/17/2020. Order was placed and order accepted by dealer.
The progress bar across the top: Reservation Green with a check, next one, Place order, is Blue. Dealer told me this will change to Green when a VIN and build date is issued.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yup it will not be scheduled if dealer does not accept the order - its a useless step if you ask me but it is what it is - switc to a good dealer if you can

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Yup it will not be scheduled if dealer does not accept the order - its a useless step if you ask me but it is what it is - switc to a good dealer if you can
The dealer purchases the vehicle from Ford at the moment it is released from the plant to the shipping company. Ford gets paid in full the moment it leaves the plant and the dealer begins to carry the full cost of the vehicle as inventory.

If the dealer didn't have the ability to refuse an order, Ford would be handing random members of the public the ability to commit a specific dealer to a ~$50,000 purchase for nothing more than a $500 deposit.

The dealer assumes the risk that you might not come through and purchase the car. They have to consent to that risk.

Mayesc1

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Energy Manager
Country flag
Thanks for the assistance. I called Ford directly, and they assisted me. The dealership had me sign a document. So hopefully it will be accepted today.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Glad I saw this thread. I placed my order several days ago but checked today and noticed the dealer hadn't accepted it yet. I pointed it out to them, now it's all fixed. I feel like I should get a slice of the commission at this point. This process is just totally foreign to them. When I took the test drive they weren't even sure how much deposit should be paid or how to pay it. I think Ford may have provided some "training" to the dealerships but it didn't trickle down to all the personnel.

OP
OP

tangme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Update, I just received an email saying my Mache has been scheduled for production.....bad news is it says the week of May 31st. I'll be lucky to get by the 4th of July. SMH

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My order was sent on Dec 20 of 2020 and just today I got my "Scheduled for production" date of April 19 2021. this morning. Seemed fast to me.

OP
OP

tangme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Your dealer must have been on top of it. Mine was ordered a 6 weeks before yours and being built 6 weeks after yours.,
Sponsored