Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Just got home after first drive thru a fair amount of snow/slush.... and I am not thrilled with the volume of slush that splashes in thru the giant gap around suspension front and back.....

It looks like it will interfere with suspension if it freezes overnight, or dump gallons of water in my garage when it melts.

Does anyone have ideas on materials and techniques to prevent slush going in the gaps? I don't really want to drill drain holes, or remove the bellypan for winter.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Not thrilled with belly pan and diaper full of slush 20220101_122139
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Looks like the tie rod coming out of the snowbank (and snow bank)......I'll wait.

You could devise a soft plastic (think Spackle pail) shield and attach it to something that has no lightning bolts hiding behind it.

droctane

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
84 Ranger 5.0GTP, 91Fox5.0SC,07SRX
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor
Country flag
Just got home after first drive thru a fair amount of snow/slush.... and I am not thrilled with the volume of slush that splashes in thru the giant gap around suspension front and back.....

It looks like it will interfere with suspension if it freezes overnight, or dump gallons of water in my garage when it melts.

Does anyone have ideas on materials and techniques to prevent slush going in the gaps?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Not thrilled with belly pan and diaper full of slush 20220101_122139
Ford Mustang Mach-E Not thrilled with belly pan and diaper full of slush CA5B3231-B1A6-4101-B363-BC245CA788A1

squeegee?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Our Fusion Energi did this. Huge puddle the day after parking from rain, or snow.

The solution is easy - move south.

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
Have had a garage mat with ribs (for your pleasure) for years. Works well with any vehicle when the slush melts (our Suburban retains a lot of snow and debris). I use a regular sweep to push out the slush, water and salt out of the garage. If your garage is properly graded toward the door you can even let it dry first and all that is left is salt or other debris.

Also helps with identifying leaking fluids for ICE vehicles, but obviously a little less useful for the MME for that purpose.

G-Floor Ribbed Garage Floor Mat in (Slate Grey, 7'6" x 17') https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BZLT5Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_PZMTV648RXKY81PXRKZR

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
water in the garage I can handle, and I AM used to winter cleanup.... ;)

My concern is that because the MME has a belly pan in front, and the diaper cover in rear, a huge amount of snow/slush can pack in there and not drop off like a 'regular' car that doesn't have a sealed belly.

So much slush packed in there that it looked like it might pull the belly pan right off, or if it freezes overnight will interfere with A-arm movement.

....and as I look at it more, the gaps around suspension, and the full bellypan looks very inviting for rabbits and pack rats; which we have in abundance. They typically invade any open space in a matter of days if you don't drive every day.

So, I'm looking for ideas, materials, and any tips from anyone who may have dealt with gaps like this before.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

My concern is that because the MME has a belly pan in front, and the diaper cover in rear, a huge amount of snow/slush can pack in there and not drop off like a 'regular' car that doesn't have a sealed belly.

So much slush packed in there that it looked like it might pull the belly pan right off, or if it freezes overnight will interfere with A-arm movement.

....and as I look at it more, the gaps around suspension, and the full bellypan looks very inviting for rabbits and pack rats; which we have in abundance. They typically invade any open space in a matter of days if you don't drive every day.

So, I'm looking for ideas, materials, and any tips from anyone who may have dealt with gaps like this before.
This is a very interesting thread for a Floridian, I know none of these things. But happy to learn about them just in case!

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
Have you heard of The Tesla rodent problem? Apparently soy in their wiring and plant based lubricants attract rodents. Not sure if there’s a good solution for this as mice in particular can fit through very small openings. I’ve seen firsthand a neighbor’s ICE vehicles host rodent nests in two of their vehicles parked in their driveway simply because they didn’t drive them frequently. One was a total loss. The other over $10k in repairs due to wiring damage.

Not endorsing the following and have no experience with it but interesting how people are trying to address your concern.

https://www.hammertechltd.com/blog/...-to-electric-cars-ratmat-and-tesla-case-study

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This is a very interesting thread for a Floridian, I know none of these things. But happy to learn about them just in case!
Too lazy to edit it to read “From Florida” but you get the idea.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Not thrilled with belly pan and diaper full of slush 1641091605800

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag

For those who store cars, you can purchase a pouch of mice repellent. It smells of pine. I usually place one in the engine compartment of my Z-28. This year I'm using dryer sheets. I understand they don't like the smell of those either.