Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Interesting that the steering wheel on the gray (white) interior seen in Redwood City is now all black instead of the gray bottom center insert shown in all the photos on the website? Not a big deal but preferred the 2-tone cover and the all black one seems like it's missing something now. I look forward to seeing the cars this weekend.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Notes & photos from 10.20.20 Mach-E Road Show, Redwood City, CA Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 4.06.41 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Interesting that the steering wheel on the gray (white) interior seen in Redwood City is now all black instead of the gray bottom center insert shown in all the photos on the website? Not a big deal but preferred the 2-tone cover and the all black one seems like it's missing something now. I look forward to seeing the cars this weekend.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Notes & photos from 10.20.20 Mach-E Road Show, Redwood City, CA Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 4.06.41 PM
None of the Mach E Tour cars have the 2-tone. That idea may have been overruled between the original rendering/early prototypes and the production.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Right. If this simplification gets me the car before Dec 31st I'd be ok with that ;)

None of the Mach E Tour cars have the 2-tone. That idea may have been overruled between the original rendering/early prototypes and the production.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Went to the Mach E Road Show at Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood, CA today. Two Premium ER AWD models there - one red with light gray interior and one infinite blue with dark gray interior. As you can see, the red one is an early prototype and the infinite blue is later. I have a red FE on order, but was surprised by the infinite blue color. In person, the color is part blue, part purple and part gray - very nice, but I'll stick with red. I won't go into tons of details as that has been posted ad nauseum, but a few points:
a)Comfort of the seats was first rate - materials, size, support and customization. I am 6ft tall and like to sit high and back. Tons of room for legs and a lot of headroom. With the driver's seat all the way back, I could sit behind and my legs didn't come close to touching the back of the driver seat. Seat height from ground won't be a problem for anyone unless you like being at box truck height.
b)Definitely a little adjustment when you step out. Not a problem, but a different feel because of the battery - you need to step out slightly from the vehicle to avoid rubbing on the door sill / battery.
c)Access into driver seat is easy. Much easier than any sedan. You can program the seat to move back when you want to get out or you can turn that feature off. Access to rear seat is also very easy. Level of seats make it easy for both in and out.
d) Rear seat is not wide enough for 3 adults for a long ride - 2 would be incredibly comfortable.
e) Frunk had the divider in place. If removed, you won't be able to fit that large cooler originally pictured, but you can definitely put a carry on suitcase or large duffle bag. Opened and closed very easily.
f) Car is stunning . . . incredibly attractive from all angles.
g) Really didn't get an opportunity to play with Sync 4A as there were quite a few people there waiting for their turn, but I think there are plenty of other people who have spoken about it.

Can't wait to be able to drive it and really put it through the motions on a test drive. The visit only made my anticipation even greater.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Notes & photos from 10.20.20 Mach-E Road Show, Redwood City, CA 20201021_155739
Ford Mustang Mach-E Notes & photos from 10.20.20 Mach-E Road Show, Redwood City, CA 20201021_155814

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope this Frunk design is what we'll see in production, as it looks like it is much roomier than the one I saw at Fullerton Ford (NJ) on 10/19. The one I saw had a 'shelf' with what looks like 2 'cupholders' - it really cut back on the storage space. Doesn't appear to be there on this one (at least I can't see it). Here's the one I saw:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Notes & photos from 10.20.20 Mach-E Road Show, Redwood City, CA 20201021_155814
Where's the Pony that we had saw sometimes?

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag

moneyman1978

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E CA RT 1
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Country flag
I am 6'3" I was able to sit in the driver seat easily with the seat all the way back and down. Then wife got to sit in the front and i sat behind the drivers seat. Never did my knees hit the seat like in other vehicles. This car is definately roomy. I got to see it in San Luis Obispo on the 19th.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Where's the Pony that we had saw sometimes?
I believe the only place we saw that was a rendering. However, these seem to be prototype frunk dividers, so who knows what we'll get.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I believe the only place we saw that was a rendering. However, these seem to be prototype frunk dividers, so who knows what we'll get.
IMO the divider should have a Pony like on that rendering, it looked very nice that way. Second I think they should make it easy to remove and put back, something like in a rail of somekind, not screwed on. ;)

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
It’s like one of my favorite design elements so I’m reaaallly hoping that it’s just a preproduction thing.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Can someone bring a set of golf clubs with them to their appointment and see how they fit in the trunk with seats up please!! thanks a bunch!
This video shows golf clubs being loaded in at the end of it.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
This video shows golf clubs being loaded in at the end of it.

he almost tee'd that right up for you to post that video

Deleted member 367

This is a quick note on today's Road Show Day at Towne Ford in Redwood City, CA.

They had two models: a Standard in White with black/charcoal gray interior, and a Premium in Infinite Blue with white interior. We focused on the Premium model because this is the one we have on order. I'll post some photos below.

My overall in-person reaction is that Ford has managed to make the Mach-E feel sleek, fast and elegant all at the same time. The overall feel is extremely high quality. The fit and finish of everything is first rate. The rear design just screams "Mustang." I didn't get this from the photos alone, but it's just so obvious in person.

IMHO it's definitely *not* an SUV, definitely *is* a crossover, but slightly larger than the word "crossover" suggests. On the way home we all agreed that the size and shape looked more like a 2020 Porsche Cayenne than anything else. But the front end of the Mustang is much sleeker and nicer.

The thing looks fast just standing still.

The interiors of both models were incredibly comfortable.
Even though the back seat looks sort of "benchy," it's snug and very comfortable.

Lots of room, both front and back. The 9-way seat will set you up as a driver any way you like. Same with the passenger side. Ample leg room in the back seat.

The seat upholstery in both models was very high quality. The white Standard model had the dark charcoal seats with white stitching. Very sharp.

The white interior on the Premium model also looked great.
I'm not a white-interior fan myself, but it makes a great impression for those who are.

Huge amount of room in the back seat.
The view up through the roof and out through the front is unlike anything I've experienced. It's like riding in a small stadium.

Standard model rear hatch opens manually.
Premium model rear hatch is auto-open and close.

The screen offers so much customization of the vehicle that it's impossible to totally experience it all in a brief amount of time in the car. My summary would be-- Ford has retained physical switches and buttons where it makes sense and moved everything else into software via the screen.

For example, this set of switches on the door will look very familiar:

So will the switches on and around the steering wheel.

(Ignore the little pinkish-red LED light on the panel that sits on the steering column. My phone's camera picked that up-- it's not visible to the naked eye.)

The screen for drive customization is especially detailed.

I know there are lots of questions circulating on the forum about the level of drive customization you can achieve in each of the 3 modes, and I'm sorry I didn't get to explore all of that in this visit.

The screen I'm showing here is *not* the drive customization screen. This is merely the top-level drive choice screen.

The customization settings are accessed by pressing the Mach-E icon in the upper left corner. That icon is the portal to a huge number of customization settings on all car systems

Climate control is one thing that I *did* explore on the screen.

It's very detailed. Air flow can be customized by vent, and the screen animates air flow on the screen to show what's happening. This is accessed by touching the settings icon, which is the second from the right on the second row up from the bottom.

This was in the Premium model. I don't know if that feature is enabled on the Standard model.

We got a detailed walk-through of adaptable cruise control and auto-parking mode. This is all totally state of the art and as good as anything Tesla currently offers on any model.

The Bang Olufsen sound system in the Premium model absolutely blew us away.

Even with all four doors and the rear hatch open it was studio quality. Can't wait to experience it in a closed cabin.

I agree with other posts that the electric charging pad in the front console is large enough to fit large phones. USB port is very accessible there.

Wheels are large and handsome.

They look really substantial in the showroom.

As others have noted, the pony is everywhere.

Some nice surprises:

The entire owners manual is accessible on screen.

Navigation is easy to set up and, as mentioned elsewhere, includes an opt-in to show charging stations along the route (pictured above).

Center console is really deep and includes a cubby for the key fob.

Variable interior lighting is nice and bright when on full setting. Full brightness is impressive even in daylight.

The frunk would be very roomy without the insert.

There was some uncertainty among the Towne Ford staff about whether the car ships with the insert installed or is a delivery add-on.

Some nits:

I was a little disappointed at the steering wheel customization choice that Ford made here. They've retained the manual lever on the steering column for up-down adjustment (lower left side of the column). There is no telescoping adjustment. To me a high-end feature would be electronically telescoping and up-down controls that become personal settings to be saved along with seat position. (NOTE: I've since learned that the wheel does indeed telescope. I just didn't figure it out.)

The two-thirds / one-third split seat in the rear can only be raised and lowered manually from the rear doors, not from the rear hatch. The ability to power lift seatbacks from the rear hatch is a nice feature in other SUVs / crossovers (e.g. Cadillac).

-----

This is very top-line. Sorry I couldn't answer the huge number of sub-level questions that are being posted in other Road Show threads. This demo day was very busy and lots of people had shown up to a small showroom for the preview. And we had booked for the first hour!

We've lived out here in Tesla country from day one of its existence, and I'm going to be so proud to drive this Mach-E around Silicon Valley. To me it's far more handsome and sporty than anything Tesla has on the road. It really lives up to the Mustang heritage. I think the head-turning quotient is awesome.

Happy to answer questions, if I can, about anything more we learned or saw ... John
Looks great. I'm sure this automobile will be first quality electric. Hope charger anxiety is a non-event.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
he almost tee'd that right up for you to post that video
ha! I just want to see someone show up with golf clubs at the dealership - that or a whole vat of shrimp for the frunk and see how much it can really hold - as they say, trust by verify.
Sponsored