Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was wondering why these dealer's rep ask us abouit the forum why don't they simply read it al least, it's part of their job to know about their product that they are selling isn't it?
The sales guy at the dealership where I went to see the road show seemed hesitant to join, and I'm not sure why. He was happy to talk about it, but he said he didn't want to look bad by posting questions. It hadn't occurred to him to lie about who he was on the internet
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That wrap looks pretty great. I like the "Tron" touches along the bottom.

Nice writeup, thank you.
I love that shade of blue. Too bad Ford isn't making one in that color, I'd have bought it instead.

OP
OP
Matthewmohan

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
The sales guy at the dealership where I went to see the road show seemed hesitant to join, and I'm not sure why. He was happy to talk about it, but he said he didn't want to look bad by posting questions. It hadn't occurred to him to lie about who he was on the internet
Afraid to lie about who he was? Hah-He must be the only one...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So the Ford Rep said this particular demo was a car that had been used at a few auto shows. I think it was the car they had at SEMA... Maybe. I might be wrong. If you look online you’ll see a few photos of it at some shows. It was a special one off. Funny thing was it was a verrrrry early demo. It didn’t have all the Sync options set up. It didn’t have the drive modes. Still super fun to drive in.
They had that color in London months ago too. I was drooling over that blue (I don't care for GB or IB).

mach-e_go-electric_020.jpg

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Probably because it would take them too long to read through the massive number of posts to find what they would consider most relevant for them.
Even automotive bloggers can't keep up with this forum. They seem to scoop their stories from the Club most of the time. And Club members/employees seem to be scooping their stories from here most of the time.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I get the feeling Ford is at least vaguely aware of the Forums that follow their cars.
I am assuming they know of the forums more than vaguely. could easily assign a low level marketing person to read all forums /social media every couple of days or each day - not too much of an investment for them but the input they get would be valuable.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I received an email today from my dealer saying my spouse and I won their raffle for Mach E T-shirts for coming to the road show stop. She also said she was going to email me a copy of the 119 page e-source book.

Can't say I remember what the shirt looked like since I was too busy eyeing the car, but they must have been locally made as I know they were not what I have seen from Ford.

If you buy it, it's not swag. ?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I received an email today from my dealer saying my spouse and I won their raffle for Mach E T-shirts for coming to the road show stop. She also said she was going to email me a copy of the 119 page e-source book.

Can't say I remember what the shirt looked like since I was too busy eyeing the car, but they must have been locally made as I know they were not what I have seen from Ford.
"119 page e-source book"? I don't believe we have seen that on the forum as yet?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Dang. They really want the rest of us in non-event states to feel like we don’t mater. Now they are giving away free stuff and rides.
That’s ok, my MME will feel special because it’ll be the first time I see one in person.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
"119 page e-source book"? I don't believe we have seen that on the forum as yet?
That’s because it’s an internal training source for the dealers. It has disclaimers on it that say it is not to be shared online.

But really there’s no secrets or information in the eSourcebook that you haven’t seen on here already. It’s basically a complete A to Z feature list and explanations.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
That’s because it’s an internal training source for the dealers. It has disclaimers on it that say it is not to be shared online.

But really there’s no secrets or information in the eSourcebook that you haven’t seen on here already. It’s basically a complete A to Z feature list and explanations.
At this point I'd rather see the owner's manual since we're so close to getting our cars.

I'm sure it isn't far off now.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Probably because it would take them too long to read through the massive number of posts to find what they would consider most relevant for them.
I have seen other car forums that are actively monitored by a company rep and provide official responses from time to time.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I have seen other car forums that are actively monitored by a company rep and provide official responses from time to time.
Ford had a couple of reps monitoring fiestafaction.com years ago... One for Canada and one for U.S.

It was kind of worthless though, in my opinion. They were roughly the equivalent of the customer service agents that monitor Twitter complaints. The whole gig seemed to be to apologize for the perceived bad experience, collect the forum members personal identifiers (name, vin, phone #), and then pass them off to local dealer, regional Ford rep, or the toll free customer service agents.

On rare occasion for really simple questions like how to connect an iPod to MyFord Touch, they could refer people to already existing Ford web sites.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag