Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Hempstead Ford in NY hosted their Roadshow on Thursday October 29th:
They had 3 AWD Extended Range models.
-Infinite Blue
-Shadow Black
-Custom Metallic Blue Wrap-Only photo worth seeing
Just a couple of thoughts as almost everything has been covered from the different road shows:
1) It was pouring raining so they had the cars indoors which limited capacity but the dealer and the representatives from Ford were extremely nice. I spent over an hour with the cars and I did not feel rushed in the least.
2) It was my dealers first time with the cars as well. We basically sat with the direct Ford reps together and asked questions as a team. I think I went in knowing more than my dealer but between the rep and I, my dealer came out pretty educated
3) They let me pair my phone wirelessly and my dealer and I spent about 20 minutes with the interface customizing and playing with the options. I think he was giddier than I was.
4) The reps insisted that although these were pre-production units they were 99% of what we should expect. If that is the case I have some feelings:
-The car is beautiful. My high expectations were exceeded in every way
-The cars are impeccably built. No outward quality issues I could find.
-The rep confirmed no Frunk divider. Or no permanent divider.
-Shadow Black makes the car look more like an SUV than a fastback. Because the roof line blends with the body it looks more like one contiguous element.
-The interior is spacious and well appointed although somewhat “EV Sparse”
-The B&O system sounded good, but I wasn’t blown away.
-The seats were definitely the most comfortable I have ever sat in on first sit. Everyone that was there seemed to say that. They were somehow a very weird combo of soft at first touch but firm. There is no way to describe it but almost like a memory foam? That actually scares me a little because things that feel that comfortable at first seem to feel broken in too soon.
-After the 20 minutes with the “Infotainment” iPad I think it might be a little overly complex. That opinion might change. A few people asked if it was removable.
-Although it was pouring I was able to take a test ride with a rep.The ride was incredible. I knew the roads around the dealership much better than the rep and especially in the rain it took all I could from yelling slow down. Needless to say there were smiles across everyone’s faces.
5) Still no word on the build date for my Mach Drop FE, but my Premium ER-RWD should be in by year end. So they think.
6) There seemed to be some Ford Executives at my Road Show. My dealer took me to see the GM and the GM took me to talk to two suits from Ford to discuss my experience so far. Seemed a little VIP. No on else I saw coming to the the road show seemed to be brought to these guys. I felt a little special. I did tell them I am active in the forums and that people seem to be confused/disheartened by the reservation numbers not correlating to delivery dates. They said they have heard the same thing, but they made it seem like all the early reservations will be getting cars within a month of each other. Which I don’t know if I agree? Maybe?

All in all, the road show was much better than I thought it would be. I spent a lot of time with all 3 cars. As much as I wanted really and the experience with my dealer actually made it fun. Like someone who was seeing his first iPhone.

Also I got some sweet Mach-E swag. Some brochures, pens and a pretty nice insulated Mach E cup.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Notes & Photos from the Hempstead NY Road show F6531678-8418-4987-A56E-383FCF7DCB10
Sponsored

Last edited:

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
That wrap looks pretty great. I like the "Tron" touches along the bottom.

Nice writeup, thank you.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
That wrap looks pretty great. I like the "Tron" touches along the bottom.

Nice writeup, thank you.
Yeah, I was gonna ask about the stripes. Did the dealer install that?

OP
OP
Matthewmohan

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Yeah, I was gonna ask about the stripes. Did the dealer install that?
So the Ford Rep said this particular demo was a car that had been used at a few auto shows. I think it was the car they had at SEMA... Maybe. I might be wrong. If you look online you’ll see a few photos of it at some shows. It was a special one off. Funny thing was it was a verrrrry early demo. It didn’t have all the Sync options set up. It didn’t have the drive modes. Still super fun to drive in.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
-Infinite Blue
-Shadow Black
Just a couple of thoughts as almost everything has been covered from the different road shows:
1) It was pouring raining so they had the cars indoors which limited capacity but the dealer and the representatives from Ford were extremely nice. I spent over an hour with the cars and I did not feel rushed in the least.
2) It was my dealers first time with the cars as well. We basically sat with the direct Ford reps together and asked questions as a team. I think I went in knowing more than my dealer but between the rep and I, my dealer came out pretty educated
3) They let me pair my phone wirelessly and my dealer and I spent about 20 minutes with the interface customizing and playing with the options. I think he was giddier than I was.
4) The reps insisted that although these were pre-production units they were 99% of what we should expect. If that is the case I have some feelings:
-Shadow Black makes the car look more like an SUV than a fastback. Because the roof line blends with the body it looks more like one contiguous element.
-The seats were definitely the most comfortable I have ever sat in on first sit. Everyone that was there seemed to say that. They were somehow a very weird combo of soft at first touch but firm. There is no way to describe it but almost like a memory foam? That actually scares me a little because things that feel that comfortable at first seem to feel broken in too soon.
-After the 20 minutes with the “Infotainment” iPad I think it might be a little overly complex. That opinion might change. A few people asked if it was removable.
-Although it was pouring I was able to take a test ride with a rep.The ride was incredible. I knew the roads around the dealership much better than the rep and especially in the rain it took all I could from yelling slow down. Needless to say their were smiles across everyone’s faces.
5) Still no word on the build date for my Mach Drop FE, but my Premium ER-RWD should be in by year end. So they think.
6) There seemed to be some Ford Executives at my Road Show. My dealer took me to see the GM and the GM took me to talk to two suits from Ford to discuss my experience so far. Seemed a little VIP. No on else I saw coming to the the road show seemed to be brought to these guys. I felt a little special. I did tell them I am active in the forums and that people seem to be confused/disheartened by the reservation numbers not correlating to delivery dates. They said they have heard the same thing, but they made it seem like all the early reservations will be getting cars within a month of each other. Which I don’t know if I agree? Maybe?

All in all, the road show was much better than I thought it would be. I spent a lot of time with all 3 cars. As much as I wanted really and the experience with my dealer actually made it fun. Like someone who was seeing his first iPhone.

Also I got some sweet Mach-E swag. Some brochures, pens and a pretty nice insulated Mach E cup.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Notes & Photos from the Hempstead NY Road show F6531678-8418-4987-A56E-383FCF7DCB10
Great that you got to ride in it and thanks for details

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The wrap might be dealer option in the future:)

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
-Infinite Blue
-Shadow Black
-Although it was pouring I was able to take a test ride with a rep.The ride was incredible. I knew the roads around the dealership much better than the rep and especially in the rain it took all I could from yelling slow down. Needless to say their were smiles across everyone’s faces.

F6531678-8418-4987-A56E-383FCF7DCB10.jpeg
Are those stripes glowing? That’s sick! That’s the blue I wanted on this car

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I had the exact same thoughts on the seat. Very soft when you first sit in the seat, but not mushy.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A question that you might ask to Ford rep, are these demo cars gets OTA updates?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Anybody have any idea what a wrap job like that might cost? The more I see it the more I want it?
Varies by location (of course)...but I was quoted $3000-3500 in the SoCal area.

OP
OP
Matthewmohan

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Are those stripes glowing? That’s sick! That’s the blue I wanted on this car
They weren’t glowing, but the contrast on the two blues make it look that way. It really is sweet.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
A question that you might ask to Ford rep, are these demo cars gets OTA updates?
I am told the pre-production models are capable of over the air updates and there have been several so far. My guess is some were due to last minute revisions and some were for testing purposes. The videos embedded in the owner's manual were almost certainly uploaded OTA because I don't believe those were available when these cars left the factory in July.