adam_thedad

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select (Route 1 on Order)
Country flag
Was poking around in the configurator looking to see if they had updated for 2022 yet, and noticed the updated the delivery time on the website. 20+ weeks for select and Route 1, and 28+ weeks for Premium and GT. That's bonkers, half a year wait now.
Sponsored

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Was poking around in the configurator looking to see if they had updated for 2022 yet, and noticed the updated the delivery time on the website. 20+ weeks for select and Route 1, and 28+ weeks for Premium and GT. That's bonkers, half a year wait now.
That's inline with what it was all spring, and when I placed my order in May '21 for an MME. Supply chain issues aren't "predicted" to ease until well into CY22, and until that happens, lead times will likely stay at the 6 month level until then. It definitely sucks, but hopefully worth it.

OP
OP

adam_thedad

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select (Route 1 on Order)
Country flag
That's inline with what it was all spring, and when I placed my order in May '21 for an MME. Supply chain issues aren't "predicted" to ease until well into CY22, and until that happens, lead times will likely stay at the 6 month level until then. It definitely sucks, but hopefully worth it.
Feels like they are being at least a bit more realistic now, when I ordered it was 16/20 weeks on the site.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Feels like they are being at least a bit more realistic now, when I ordered it was 16/20 weeks on the site.
I get it. My experience went the opposite direction, which in a way was worse, but OTH, I knew when I signed up it was going to be a slog after reading what all the FE owners had been through.

When I ordered the first week of May the site said 6 months, then by early June it was updated with production on 4 July, and then after production on 9 July, the site said delivery 31 Aug. I thought I was skating by, heck I almost felt smug. Then, late July/early Aug. the delivery just changed to end of Oct. and in mid-Aug., I along with everyone else, got the infamous "6-week delay" letter without any definition of what that meant. Even worse, they blanked out the delivery dates at that point. Finally a little over a week ago they updated the order that they have now actually shipped the vehicle, and the delivery date is now showing the last week of Oct. first week of Nov. Right at 6 months.

My sense is that they are managing expectations for the no luck scenario, of if they get finite luck, they wind up with a happier customer, at least the ones who stick out the order process until delivery. More than a few on this forum have punted and purchased off the lot.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
I could argue the same thing on the date when I got the letter, which at that time had the delivery between 25-31 Oct., and now the website says 31 Oct-5 Nov.

However, in July the delivery date range was 25-31 Aug. and then overnight it changed to the 25-31 Oct. well before the letter. I think this is not much more than Ford just having too many moving parts to manage and not enough resources to manage them. Meh, in the end it really doesn't matter, it is what is.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I get it. My experience went the opposite direction, which in a way was worse, but OTH, I knew when I signed up it was going to be a slog after reading what all the FE owners had been through.

When I ordered the first week of May the site said 6 months, then by early June it was updated with production on 4 July, and then after production on 9 July, the site said delivery 31 Aug. I thought I was skating by, heck I almost felt smug. Then, late July/early Aug. the delivery just changed to end of Oct. and in mid-Aug., I along with everyone else, got the infamous "6-week delay" letter without any definition of what that meant. Even worse, they blanked out the delivery dates at that point. Finally a little over a week ago they updated the order that they have now actually shipped the vehicle, and the delivery date is now showing the last week of Oct. first week of Nov. Right at 6 months.

My sense is that they are managing expectations for the no luck scenario, of if they get finite luck, they wind up with a happier customer, at least the ones who stick out the order process until delivery. More than a few on this forum have punted and purchased off the lot.

It was in that Darren interview...He said they had to ship cars to Europe so things that were probably destined for orders here in the US were most likely re-allocated/delayed because they had to meet a certain quota or bad things happen there (fines?).

This sounds to be the reason everything grinded to a halt and is speeding up again now.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
This sounds to be the reason everything grinded to a halt and is speeding up again now.
Still waiting to see some evidence of the speed. At present, if Ford delivers when the dealer says they have been told, I will be 26 weeks from order to delivery. Now at 4 weeks of production with zero evidence that it will move at all. And, cars built to the same spec after mine are shipping earlier. Likely the last Ford I will ever buy. I just hope the windshield and pano roof stay on during shipping!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Still waiting to see some evidence of the speed. At present, if Ford delivers when the dealer says they have been told, I will be 26 weeks from order to delivery. Now at 4 weeks of production with zero evidence that it will move at all. And, cars built to the same spec after mine are shipping earlier. Likely the last Ford I will ever buy. I just hope the windshield and pano roof stay on during shipping!
They have duct tape!

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
Ordered my GT on 4/28 and it had 24+ weeks listed. I am expected to take delivery the last weekend in October so that works out about right.
Sponsored