S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Though I try not to complain about things, I woke up cranky this morning so I’m going to complain about something now. I have noticed some marks appearing on my seats as per pictures below. No one has ever even sat on the backseat, and only a handful of times in the front for short distances. It really hasn't been in the sun long, either. Is anyone else noticing these? I tried to wash them off, but they are definitely defects in the fabric. I am sure I will learn to overlook them in time, but am a bit annoyed right now -considering this was an expensive purchase and I purposely went with dark seats in hopes to hide spots.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Noticing Seat Discoloration (Follow-up) 064B9EFB-5365-462C-AF93-C7E56BE96FAA
Ford Mustang Mach-E Noticing Seat Discoloration (Follow-up) C97E36DE-0B8C-4030-B7E0-F7F5C61238C9

Since I am complaining (and I so appreciate anyone listening), I will also mention that I suspect the car buzz has been aggravating my tinnitus —which may be why I am so cranky today. I don’t think it is the screen buzzing but something sure is. I do plan to finally call my dealer to have a look at it, but am not expecting much. I will just keep hoping the cause gets found and corrected as both my EV and my head are too noisy when I drive for awhile. Even with my two complaints, however, I still love driving this vehicle and am glad to have it! ?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The discoloration has a regular, rectangular shape, as if something was placed there at an angle?

OP
OP
S.B.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I should have labeled. Top picture is front passenger and bottom picture is back passenger. I am starting to wonder if this is something unique to my MachE.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The discoloration has a regular, rectangular shape, as if something was placed there at an angle?
I'd say the bottom one is more of a "glue bottle" shape. definitely looks like something with a specific shape was placed there and caused it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Noticing Seat Discoloration (Follow-up) 1619122644111

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I'd say the bottom one is more of a "glue bottle" shape. definitely looks like something with a specific shape was placed there and caused it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Noticing Seat Discoloration (Follow-up) 1619122644111
I noticed that too. Have you tried to use a leather/vinyl conditioner at all? This reminds me of when body oils would discolor the leather steering wheel covers in my past vehicles. I would use the Meguiar's leather conditioner to fix it.

OP
OP
S.B.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Wow. Thank you all for your help. I never considered any of those thoughts and it sounds hopeful that maybe it can be addressed. I will call my dealer and ask about having this looked at to see if they can clean it up or replace it. I actually thought that maybe something was sprayed on it, but that didn't seem to fit. I’m curious now about that glue bottle observation and am wondering if someone did put something on top of the seat that discolored it. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Since I am complaining (and I so appreciate anyone listening), I will also mention that I suspect the car buzz has been aggravating my tinnitus —which may be why I am so cranky today. I don’t think it is the screen buzzing but something sure is. I do plan to finally call my dealer to have a look at it, but am not expecting much. I will just keep hoping the cause gets found and corrected as both my EV and my head are too noisy when I drive for awhile. Even with my two complaints, however, I still love driving this vehicle and am glad to have it!
An interesting hypothesis. The sounds I’ve heard on video have been very close in frequency and pitch to my tinnitus. So much do that I think my tinnitus would drown it out.

Try some gentle leather cleaner and conditioner on those seats. As for the shape, maybe it’s from something definitive being left on it, maybe it’s not. The human brain creates order and meaning even when there isn’t any.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S.B.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
An interesting hypothesis. The sounds I’ve heard on video have been very close in frequency and pitch to my tinnitus. So much do that I think my tinnitus would drown it out.
Actually, It’s after I get back from a long drive that I notice the tinnitus most. Maybe unrelated, but it reminds me of the buzz when I do notice it.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Here is the GSB released last year on seat concern analysis for dealers to see if it is warrantable.

Download the PDF and view it.

To be honest I'm not sure if they will warranty that. They may say it is chemical damage. Worth a shot though. Good luck.

Attachments

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I would ask the sealer to submit a warranty claim. Those could be the marks from the fixture used to install the seats in the car.

In my opinion, we should not expect discoloration like that so soon.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
They replaced my seat on my Acura MDX 10 years ago due to a discoloration.

OP
OP
S.B.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So wanted to give follow-up. My dealer sent pictures to Ford and was told this would not be covered under warranty and they can’t offer assistance due to it looking like an outside chemical substance rather than a defect in the seat itself. Though I agree it looks like some sort of grease, I think someone at Ford should acknowledge that it wasn’t something the customer did and that most likely, it did happen at the plant. I suspect someone somewhere along the line was careless with a greasy rag/tool. The service agent at my dealer said when they detail the vehicle, nothing they use has a greasy texture. It still could have happened there I suppose. I just know I certainly didn’t do it.
Since my original post, I have noticed this substance on other places such as the weather stripping on the passenger door. No one has even sat in the rear seat and I noticed those marks with the first cleaning—which was only a dusting inside. I just wish I noticed them before I took delivery. It was raining that day and overcast for a few weeks afterwards, however, and these really weren’t that noticeable until the sunny days came back. With that said, I have used some Woolite with a warm wet cloth and I think it did remove some of the greasy solution—whatever it is. I’ll just keep trying (with the Woolite but nothing harsher so I don’t chance making it worse). Fortunately for Ford, I don’t sweat the small stuff and I get over things quickly, or I might be a bit angry with them. I might even not consider them to be a trusted company after all. Just kidding. I’m still happy with my vehicle. ?
Sponsored

Last edited: