November 3rd 2021 Revised Tax incentives for EVs from House of Reps.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am totally with you on this. I ordered this considering the tax credit, which was huge marketing point from the beginning. I ordered this suv/wagon because I want it (not because I need it) Its a deal breaker for me. I guess I will contact customer care ford on Monday.
Curious why you are calling customer care on Monday?
Sponsored

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am thinking, if they can give me any idea(or atleast I bring it up to their attention)
I doubt if they can help on tax clarifications and I almost guarantee that there are Ford lobbyist are already on calls with the right people

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
I doubt if they can help on tax clarifications and I almost guarantee that there are Ford lobbyist are already on calls with the right people
I will let them know that A version of MUSTANG is classified as a station wagon.

OP
OP

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx-9, Mustang Mach-e GT (on order)
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I will let them know that A version of MUSTANG is classified as a station wagon.
Yea a SUV at least is considered mainstream, a stretch to be called a Mustang.....but a station wagon...seriously this isn't a mom-mobile from the pre-minvan days. Those EPA guys are wacko...not sure how the Y, the ID4, and others are considered an SUV and the Mach-e isn't. Somebody better tell all the insurance companies charging us an arm and a leg for a performance car that we are driving a station wagon.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Curious why you are calling customer care on Monday?
I say good luck with Customer Care. I couldn’t even get them to spring for a 2nd keyfob on my MME that went into production on 06/28/21 and was built 07/16/21. If the $7500 is a dealbreaker, ask for the deposit returned and cancel.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Yea a SUV at least is considered mainstream, a stretch to be called a Mustang.....but a station wagon...seriously this isn't a mom-mobile from the pre-minvan days. Those EPA guys are wacko...not sure how the Y, the ID4, and others are considered an SUV and the Mach-e isn't. Somebody better tell all the insurance companies charging us an arm and a leg for a performance car that we are driving a station wagon.
I’m on my cell phone so can’t see what model of MME you got. Insurance for me is higher because I went from a 9 yr old $35k SUV to the $60k MME. My MME is a Premium AWD ER. If you got the GT or GTPE you probably got wacked on the liability side. Maybe they rate it like a ICE GT?

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
$7500 for the base GT (below $60k MSRP) vs the Premium RWD (below $55k MSRP); when it is all said and done, the $53,100, minus the $7500, returns a difference of almost $15k. I'm sorry, but there is not $15k worth of differences between the two models.

The AWD Premium tracks closer to the base GT, with a ~$4000 difference. If Ford drops the AWD Premium from $55.800 to $54,999 (to get the credit), the difference in price of $12,500 is a lot harder to swallow, given the 0-60 gap is a lot closer, and the range is the same. $12500 for 1 second bump in get-up-and-go, new seats, and some new plastic does not compute.

I am contemplating canceling my GT order if the tax credit is in jeopardy, and since now there is no ticking clock on expiring tax credits (in the form of the 200k units sold), I can bide my time in deciding when to get an EV (if ever).

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
$7500 for the base GT (below $60k MSRP) vs the Premium RWD (below $55k MSRP); when it is all said and done, the $53,100, minus the $7500, returns a difference of almost $15k. I'm sorry, but there is not $15k worth of differences between the two models.

The AWD Premium tracks closer to the base GT, with a ~$4000 difference. If Ford drops the AWD Premium from $55.800 to $54,999 (to get the credit), the difference in price of $12,500 is a lot harder to swallow, given the 0-60 gap is a lot closer, and the range is the same. $12500 for 1 second bump in get-up-and-go, new seats, and some new plastic does not compute.

I am contemplating canceling my GT order if the tax credit is in jeopardy, and since now there is no ticking clock on expiring tax credits (in the form of the 200k units sold), I can bide my time in deciding when to get an EV (if ever).
Why would you cancel an order?

Literally nothing to lose for keeping the order and deciding to buy it, or not, when it gets here.

Plus at that time you will know exactly what credit you will or won’t get and can make a decision then.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
Why would you cancel an order?

Literally nothing to lose for keeping the order and deciding to buy it, or not, when it gets here.

Plus at that time you will know exactly what credit you will or won’t get and can make a decision then.
Much appreciated. I was afraid of losing the deposit if I hold out too long. This is all new and very much in a state of flux!

Rickyricardo27

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD S & Tesla M3P
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing.

Wonder if Ford ends up tweaking the price slightly to keep the most popular option just under the $55,000 to be able to us the credit as a selling feature. Trade a bit of margin to get the higher volume that the credit will bring them.
that would be interesting… makes me wonder if I should ditch my premium standard batt built on week 11/1. I was really looking forward to getting the car this year but now I don’t know and then perhaps I can get the ext battery for an even Better price…

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
Much appreciated. I was afraid of losing the deposit if I hold out too long. This is all new and very much in a state of flux!
I think you will lose your deposit once it gets scheduled for production. Although you may still be able to get it back if you cancel before the actual production week. Not sure. Perhaps those more knowledgeable will be able to chime in.

I was in the same situation - thinking about canceling since everything is up in the air (I had a hunch that my "scheduled for production" date was coming up). I decided it was worth risking the deposit since everything was still in flux - and I just find it hard to believe that Ford will let this be called a car and miss out on the tax rebate. Anyway, sure enough, I got my production date of 01/11/2022 for my GT PE last Thursday. So fingers crossed that it will all work out.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
lol over on /r/electricvehicles on reddit there's a thread from someone asking about if we'll ever see an EV station wagon in the US. A few people have mentioned the MME and have been pretty much laughed away by people thinking it's ridiculous to call it a station wagon and not an SUV.

This car is like a chameleon.
Sponsored