November 3rd 2021 Revised Tax incentives for EVs from House of Reps.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Our MME will or will not qualify for final assembly in the US by union worker? I thought they were made in Mexico.
Yes. They are made in Mexico City.
Still qualifies for a $7500 credit.
If you order another BEV after the first of the year, such as the F-150 Lightning which is made in Michigan by union workers and keep the list price under $80000, you going to get $12500 in tax credits.
Now the bill passed the Congress. It has to go thru the Senate, modified and send back to the Congress for final passage.
The bill has more challenges ahead.
I rather not speculate of what the final bill would look like judging from what went thru.
Interesting times we live in.!!!!!
Sponsored

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD, 2019 F150, ‘94 Vet, 1948 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still qualifies for a $7500 credit.
If you order another BEV after the first of the year, such as the F-150 Lightning which is made in Michigan by union workers and keep the list price under $80000, you going to get $12500 in tax credits.
Now the bill passed the Congress. It has to go thru the Senate, modified and send back to the Congress for final passage.
The bill has more challenges ahead.
I rather not speculate of what the final bill would look like judging from what went thru.
Interesting times we live in.!!!!!
Thank you

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Will the new law override the existing law regarding the 200,000 units?
Yes - the new law cancels that credit (as currently written)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Actually, they're built in Cuautitlán. But still Mexico.

Huh? The Senate is part of Congress. And the bill has not passed the Senate or the House of Representatives.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Gotta love the internets.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We all going to get the $7500 tax credit.
The additional tax credits maybe in question. I have reserved an F-150 Lightning also. Not the lower trim but I know it will push the final price just a tod above $80000.
I will be getting the $7500 credit but not the $12500. Remember also that Ford may list the vehicle pricing which will include the tax credit and price it below the $60000 mark.
Here is the rub: no credit for the Tesla models S & X, Lucid Air, Hummer truck, EQS, Taycan and higher trim EV vehicles. Unfortunately when you purchase higher priced EVs the new infrastructure bill does away with affluent people needing the tax break. It is also unfortunate that in the begining of introducing EVs to the public those affluent people were the ones who could afford them. The playing field and game rules for owning an EV have changed.
Tesla is the game changer from the beginning. Tesla and Ford and other legacy manufacturers can not make EVs quickly enough to satisfy the masses. Infrastructure Bill is for everyone to be able to afford an EV at affordable prices.
They may be few more treats to this bill after all. Patience.
Since nothing is passed, you don't know what you'll be getting.

Also, you've reserved a Lightning. No trim. Nothing specific. When it comes time to turn your reservation into an order, you'll find out what your price is. If the law gets approved prior to that point in time, Ford may, or may not, adjust pricing to get more of the new trucks into the right range of prices. Only time will tell.

Keep in mind that Ford right now has reservations that, if all turned into orders, would extend into 2024 based on the planned production. You may not be getting a Lightning until 2023 or 2024. I made my reservation 11 1/2 hours after the start, and I may not be getting a 2022. We'll all find out eventually.

Infrastructure bill is focused on removing ICE vehicles from the road. The expectation is that by expanding production, costs to produce vehicles will decrease, including battery packs, and that technology will improve, increasing range, etc. That's why there's $7.5B for charging infrastructure to goose that too.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Since nothing is passed, you don't know what you'll be getting.

Also, you've reserved a Lightning. No trim. Nothing specific. When it comes time to turn your reservation into an order, you'll find out what your price is. If the law gets approved prior to that point in time, Ford may, or may not, adjust pricing to get more of the new trucks into the right range of prices. Only time will tell.

Keep in mind that Ford right now has reservations that, if all turned into orders, would extend into 2024 based on the planned production. You may not be getting a Lightning until 2023 or 2024. I made my reservation 11 1/2 hours after the start, and I may not be getting a 2022. We'll all find out eventually.

Infrastructure bill is focused on removing ICE vehicles from the road. The expectation is that by expanding production, costs to produce vehicles will decrease, including battery packs, and that technology will improve, increasing range, etc. That's why there's $7.5B for charging infrastructure to goose that too.
I appreciate your comment.
Also I ordered the Lightning in the first 5-10min of when the reservations open to the public. I am confident I will get one early.
This is a speculation on my part, no wonder Ford pushed the order bank opening to December. Waiting for the final bill to pass and adjust their pricing for the upper level trims. This is my take. You just mentioned it, Ford is waiting for the final passage for readjustment.
I believe it is going to work out.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Actually, they're built in Cuautitlán. But still Mexico.

Huh? The Senate is part of Congress. And the bill has not passed the Senate or the House of Representatives.
Cuautitlan is just outside the northern part of Mexico City. We are splitting hairs here but Cuautitlan it is.

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD, 2019 F150, ‘94 Vet, 1948 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Infrastructure Bill is for everyone to be able to afford an EV at affordable prices.
Why don't they pass a bill that will enable everyone to afford everything at affordable prices?

Bastards!

OP
OP

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx-9, Mustang Mach-e GT (on order)
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This bill just passed the house (11/19/21 AM), and is on its way to the Senate.
Sponsored