2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
It is perfect my tire guy help me pick them out.
Now, the most important question:
You upgraded to 22’s and haven’t noticed a range drop off? Those are some magic wheels!
PS, nice wheels
Well, let’s think this through. What would cause the range hit? The weight of the larger wheels? That would be offset at least a little by the lighter tires, no?

But the thinner tires are also stiffer, which in theory would have lower rolling resistance, right? Lots of moving variables. On the 225 vs. 255 thread, we noted that the GT comes in 245 among other changes, and only has an 8% difference in EPA range. So, maybe wider tires aren’t that big a deal?

Definitely worth the questions though, and I hope the OP gives us some good news over time!

It’s warming up here in Virginia, so it may be hard to do a differential. My Mach-e showed a 305 mile range today.

Guybrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME RWD ER, Kawasaki ER6N, '15 e-Golf
Country flag
Man thats a nice looking car! Looking to fit 21"s on mine but has been hesitant due to the expected range drop(as I live in cold and snowy Norway). The ones ive been looking at are 39,6 lbs each. Any idea how heavy yours are? Anyone else have any info? Or know what the standard rims weigh? My dealer could'nt tell me.

OP
OP
LaFavor

LaFavor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Man thats a nice looking car! Looking to fit 21"s on mine but has been hesitant due to the expected range drop(as I live in cold and snowy Norway). The ones ive been looking at are 39,6 lbs each. Any idea how heavy yours are? Anyone else have any info? Or know what the standard rims weigh? My dealer could'nt tell me.
No, I don’t have that answer but I’ll get with Billy my tire guy and see what I can come up with. I just put the tires on so I’ll try and figure out how much range I lost if any. It really is a nice car. I just wanted it to look different than rest.

OP
OP
LaFavor

LaFavor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Now, the most important question:

Well, let’s think this through. What would cause the range hit? The weight of the larger wheels? That would be offset at least a little by the lighter tires, no?

But the thinner tires are also stiffer, which in theory would have lower rolling resistance, right? Lots of moving variables. On the 225 vs. 255 thread, we noted that the GT comes in 245 among other changes, and only has an 8% difference in EPA range. So, maybe wider tires aren’t that big a deal?

Definitely worth the questions though, and I hope the OP gives us some good news over time!

It’s warming up here in Virginia, so it may be hard to do a differential. My Mach-e showed a 305 mile range today.
I don’t think it will be much of a drop off. I have the extended battery. I’m going to try and figure it out. I just put them on so I’ll see.

Guybrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME RWD ER, Kawasaki ER6N, '15 e-Golf
Country flag
No, I don’t have that answer but I’ll get with Billy my tire guy and see what I can come up with. I just put the tires on so I’ll try and figure out how much range I lost if any. It really is a nice car. I just wanted it to look different than rest.
Good job, looks great. I might just steal the idea for wrapping the grill. At least until there are som aftermarket front bumpers out there. Have you thought about making any other mods? Was thinking about getting som fog-lights, but have yet to figure out how to make it happen.

OP
OP
LaFavor

LaFavor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Good job, looks great. I might just steal the idea for wrapping the grill. At least until there are som aftermarket front bumpers out there. Have you thought about making any other mods? Was thinking about getting som fog-lights, but have yet to figure out how to make it happen.
You should wrap the front it brings the car out even better. You have to see it in person to really get the affect. I’m thinking about the fog lights but for now I’m good.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Looks fantastic, love the grille wrap as well I'll have to find a similar wrap, really looks great!

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag