Now that we have seen the official F-150 Lightning, what features dues it have that you wish the Mach-E had?

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I wish I could take the front-end LED speciality lighting from the F-150 and apply it to my MME's mustache.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I admit to some frunk envy. Not so much the volume as treating the frunk as first-class storage:
  • Power raise and lower, with adjustable top-end height
  • 6 ways to access the frunk:
    • using the key fob,
    • pressing the button under the frunk lid,
    • pushing the button inside the cab,
    • tapping the 15.5-inch touchscreen,
    • using the keypad on the door, or
    • through the FordPass app on your smartphone.
  • Lack of silly divider
  • Proper tie-downs and cargo net
  • Power sockets
Lots of details and photos: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-ev-frunk-trunk-details/
Good point!!!! How the heck did the freaking F-150 get by with an electronic open and no stupid divider? Why did Ford see fit to punish us? ??????
That’s it! I’m not inviting @Fordmotorcompany to see the cool koi pond I put in my front trunk! They’ll have to settle for their nasty old pizza and wings thing ???

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
A $500.00 generator, 15 gallons of gasoline and a few extension cords will be cheaper, waaaay cheaper, than setting up your house up to accept DC juice from a vehicle. So, that's not a real selling point, it's a marketing point. Nobody's buying this for blackout security.
I assumed the DC->AC converter was on the vehicle. Am I wrong?

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
Intelligent Home Power Back up. Since I have the Mach-E it is way cheaper then a generator or a Tesla Power Wall. Hoping it is a software and a cable to make it work??

I think I heard dual chargers to speed up the recharge. Not likely a retrofit but would be nice.

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
I assumed the DC->AC converter was on the vehicle. Am I wrong?
If it goes in AC it should come out AC. I would think. So where is the cost?

blheron

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I would like a button on the FOB and/or Fordpass to open front.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
If it goes in AC it should come out AC. I would think. So where is the cost?
Yes, it has to be hooked up to the new 80 A Ford Charge Station Pro to do that... but apparently if you get the extended range battery it comes included. You would just need to pay to get it installed. Note that this install may be more complicated than a standard EVSE because it will need to go inline with your meter to isolate from the grid before allowing this capability compared to a standard EVSE that can just plug into any (appropriate) outlet.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Now that we have seen the official F-150 Lightning, what features dues it have that you wish the Mach-E had? 1621541061645

The truck has an AC/DC converter (so does the MME) to allow it to charge the battery from your house 120/240 V AC. However, the F-150's allows the converter to essentially run in reverse and supply up to 9.6 kW peak energy AC to run your house from the DC battery. Although based on this it might actually offload the inverter and connect directly to the DC battery using the CCS pins...

"SunRun will install an intelligent inverter in the customer’s garage with a CCS charging connector. CCS is the connector standard for DC fast charging."
Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/samabu...mile-range-home-power-backup/?sh=241605a25132

I guess we'll just need to wait for details. Awesome feature!

Last edited:

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
... I’m looking forward to the mustang coupe getting those motors.
This right here... the dawning of the next era of hotrodding is upon us... it will require a lot more electronic and computer aptitude than days of yore, but the parts bin is filling up with lots of goodies - for sure!

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
A $500.00 generator, 15 gallons of gasoline and a few extension cords will be cheaper, waaaay cheaper, than setting up your house up to accept DC juice from a vehicle.
Your home cannot use DC power. But the F-150 Lightning can supply AC power to your home. And you can never drive a $500 generator with gasoline!

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Your home cannot use DC power. But the F-150 Lightning can supply AC power to your home. And you can never drive a $500 generator with gasoline!
That's only part of the point. If you park at home with half a charge you'll run out of juice when you'll need to stop pulling power so you can drive it if/when you need to. If you need to go out for provisions, the juice to the house stops. If you're at work and the big blizzard hits, your house goes dark.

If uninterrupted power is important, you have to install it so it's dependable. Saying a truck will keep your house running for UP TO 3 days is full of holes. Count on job-site type power. The fridge, and a small heater in winter. Roll a few extension cords to the garage.

There's no replacing a properly sized genny with a propane or gas tank.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I am serious though. How come the F-150 front trunk doesn’t have a divider and is able to be opened electronically?

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I am serious though. How come the F-150 front trunk doesn’t have a divider and is able to be opened electronically?
Because they anticipate having the electronic release enabled by the time it launches to the public. And, if there are still issues, they will put some sort of dividers in it too. Like when they introduced the Mach-E, did it have the divider in the trunk?