prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium First Edition
Country flag
The upgrade worked. My 240V, 15-40 NEMA outlet works now. Thanks evryone..
My neighbor told me yesterday he was called by his dealer(highland Park) to bring his car in for the update. It took 30 minutes, and neighbor said when he got home is 14-50 240v charge worked. I got in touch with my dealer (Arlington Heights), they called me today to bring my car on Monday for the update. Seems like dealers have gotten the instructions now. ?
Got the 4-part update done Monday. Came home and 240 charging worked fine. Yay! ?
Sponsored

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got the update done this morning and still no charge on 240v.

What is everyone doing? Do you select "charge when plugged in" from the app.. Any suggestions to setting it up on the app as well as in the car.

Thanks

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag

What is everyone doing? Do you select "charge when plugged in" from the app.. Any suggestions to setting it up on the app as well as in the car.

Thanks
I didn’t set any charging schedules until I confirmed that I could charge with my new Home charger and the Ford mobile charger. Just this week I set up a scheduled charge to 85% and it was successful. My suggestion would be to set up FordPass for charge anytime and see what you get. Also check the locations you have saved in FordPass as well.

OP
OP
prius2pony

prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thanks
The update cleared my known charging locations. I set it just to charge when plugged in, as it wouldn’t accept a schedule until after a first charge and relearning my home location. I did read someone else got home and it didn’t work so he unplugged, tried again and it worked from then on. Don’t give up.

OP
OP
prius2pony

prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn’t set any charging schedules until I confirmed that I could charge with my new Home charger and the Ford mobile charger. Just this week I set up a scheduled charge to 85% and it was successful. My suggestion would be to set up FordPass for charge anytime and see what you get. Also check the locations you have saved in FordPass as well.

Thanks
Has your home charger ever worked for you?

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, My Grizzl e has worked for about 5 days and quit. That was about 2 weeks ago. I just went in the car deleted my home location, charged for awhile, reset the Home location and tried to charge and nothing. I didn't do anththing with the app, maybe I just need to wait till the app updates with my changes. I have worked on this for 7 hours today, so frustrating.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes, My Grizzl e has worked for about 5 days and quit. That was about 2 weeks ago. I just went in the car deleted my home location, charged for awhile, reset the Home location and tried to charge and nothing. I didn't do anththing with the app, maybe I just need to wait till the app updates with my changes. I have worked on this for 7 hours today, so frustrating.
Sounds like it could be a problem with the Grizzl-E or your circuit. Is the light on the Grizzl-E illuminated?

OP
OP
prius2pony

prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like it could be a problem with the Grizzl-E or your circuit. Is the light on the Grizzl-E illuminated?
That's why I asked- could be an issue with your charger.

ahawksfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Wow, great thread! Nice to see a bunch of NW Illinois MME owners. Just ordered a GT from Arlington Heights. Hope they get everything ironed out.

OP
OP
prius2pony

prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, great thread! Nice to see a bunch of NW Illinois MME owners. Just ordered a GT from Arlington Heights. Hope they get everything ironed out.
Got mine at AH Ford. It’s been a very good experience. They’re learning as they go in service dept, but they are working to stay on top of all the bulletins that come in—seemingly daily. Good crew over there.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Grizzl e charger did work for 6 days and the stopped. All the lights operate as they should. I am 100% sure its not my outlet or charger. I am having a very difficult time with the Ford pass app. Its super slow and sometimes doesn't save may changes. I am going back to the dealer to see if they can fit me in. Maybe the update failed.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Heres an update to my message 20 minutes ago. I was headed out the door to go back to the dealer and get a second update. I tried the 240 charger and its working. The only thing I can say is the app was giving me all kinds of problems yesterday. Well I hope the charging lasts.

Thanks for everyones help!

Carini

First Name
Goose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
It stopped working again. This is getting ridiculous.

bwr1338

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It stopped working again. This is getting ridiculous.
Same here. Arlington Heights Ford installed the updated per the service bulletin from Ford and it worked for a few days. Today I woke up to find it did not charge last night per the schedule. Deleted home location and still won't charge. Very frustrating.

Carini

First Name
Goose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
So it didn't work on Friday but it worked again on Saturday and Sunday. This is not making much sense unless there are power surges tripping the mobile home charger.
Sponsored