Odd call from Ford to have an engineer check out my car. Anyone else get this??

eponyinIL

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang Coupe; 2021 MachE AWD ER, Rapid Red
Occupation
Director or Human Resources
Country flag
Just got a call from my dealership. They said they got a call from Ford and they want me to bring my car in on Thursday to have an engineer look it over. I asked for specifics, but the guy was super vague. He said he doesn't think there are any issues, but they just want to make sure. So, the car is going back... and I get a loaner car. Anyone else getting this call?
Sponsored

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Just got a call from my dealership. They said they got a call from Ford and they want me to bring my car in on Thursday to have an engineer look it over. I asked for specifics, but the guy was super vague. He said he doesn't think there are any issues, but they just want to make sure. So, the car is going back... and I get a loaner car. Anyone else getting this call?
Thanks for pioneering for the rest of us!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Given the issues you had as discussed on your "stranded in a blizzard" thread, it seems reasonable that they want to do a follow-up on the car?

OP
OP

eponyinIL

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang Coupe; 2021 MachE AWD ER, Rapid Red
Occupation
Director or Human Resources
Country flag
Given the issues you had as discussed on your "stranded in a blizzard" thread, it seems reasonable that they want to do a follow-up on the car?
I could be wrong, but this seems like something different. They didn't even mention any of the previous issues and the guy was pretty adamant that I get it in this week. At least they aren't wanting to ship it back to Mexico like some others!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I could be wrong, but this seems like something different. They didn't even mention any of the previous issues and the guy was pretty adamant that I get it in this week. At least they aren't wanting to ship it back to Mexico like some others!
curious indeed. ?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Call your sales person to verify. I remember you having some early issues, so it may be related.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I would say you have a guardian angel (or two...or three) watching out for you. ?

I am pretty sure there are some other forum members here who have had their cars checked out by Ford's engineers. They might post their thoughts when they see your thread.

We already know that @ChasingCoral's car is doing much better now and living the good life. :)

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Only if they throw in a second FOB.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
A couple things...
1. This forum is monitored. If you report "got stranded in blizzard", somewhere within Ford that is noted.
2. Your car calls to check in (to Ford) every so often with how it's doing. Likely sent in about a million data points by now.

If 1 and 2 together point to a possible problem, an Engineer may want to look at your vehicle. It is highly likely your dealer has no other details than "please bring your vehicle in", and has no other info. The Ford Engineer prolly has lots of details, and needs to look at your vehicle to follow up.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
They're looking out for you Cyndi! Based on my experience with Ford's Field Service Engineers, you'll be in very good hands.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
A couple things...
1. This forum is monitored. If you report "got stranded in blizzard", somewhere within Ford that is noted.
2. Your car calls to check in (to Ford) every so often with how it's doing. Likely sent in about a million data points by now.

If 1 and 2 together point to a possible problem, an Engineer may want to look at your vehicle. It is highly likely your dealer has no other details than "please bring your vehicle in", and has no other info. The Ford Engineer prolly has lots of details, and needs to look at your vehicle to follow up.
I got a call as well!! I'm not going into details, will later, but it's legit if you had a service issue.

Ron and SnBGC, thanks!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It is encouraging that Ford seems to be taking proactive steps like this to fix issues the owners may not even know of. I will look forward to the update.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
They can take mine to Mexico if they wanna try fiddling with or replacing the driver display to stop the buzzing, I have a second car, also a Mustang, so I am just golden!

For your situation, I think that speaks very highly of Ford. It's unfortunate that some of the early Mach-Es have had a few issues, but I don't know what more Ford could be asked to do when they are having engineers personally reach out to owners, I would take this as a very good sign that Ford is working through the noted issues.
Sponsored