Odd call from Ford to have an engineer check out my car. Anyone else get this??

OP
OP

eponyinIL

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang Coupe; 2021 MachE AWD ER, Rapid Red
Occupation
Director or Human Resources
Country flag
Just got back from picking up my car. Service dude said that they were just verifying the fixes from the blizzard incident and that everything had been done correctly. I am happy that Ford is taking any issues seriously. It is very reassuring since the dealer (sales) is less than stellar with their communication.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Odd call from Ford to have an engineer check out my car.  Anyone else get this?? A6B5FEAF-67FB-47DA-B24B-1E61474EFC03
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
They sent me my paperwork today in the mail. Shows the updates as well.

Glad your all good!

1F1BC75A-64A5-42C0-BFA1-FED36880DFAE.jpeg

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Just got back from picking up my car. Service dude said that they were just verifying the fixes from the blizzard incident and that everything had been done correctly. I am happy that Ford is taking any issues seriously. It is very reassuring since the dealer (sales) is less than stellar with their communication.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Odd call from Ford to have an engineer check out my car.  Anyone else get this?? 1F1BC75A-64A5-42C0-BFA1-FED36880DFAE
They tested and updated 6 modules.

Modules are small, specialized computers, with about the computing power of a laptop or phone. Your car has about 45 modules. The BECM, for example, controls the high voltage battery.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
A couple things...
1. This forum is monitored. If you report "got stranded in blizzard", somewhere within Ford that is noted.
2. Your car calls to check in (to Ford) every so often with how it's doing. Likely sent in about a million data points by now.

If 1 and 2 together point to a possible problem, an Engineer may want to look at your vehicle. It is highly likely your dealer has no other details than "please bring your vehicle in", and has no other info. The Ford Engineer prolly has lots of details, and needs to look at your vehicle to follow up.
This is the most likely explanation
Sponsored