OP
Eraser

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I bought my floor mats from an eBay seller (tagged as an authorized Ford reseller by eBay, and the mats seem legit). The floor mats are nice and definitely look sharp, though I don't like how the rear mats are two pieces with a very janky "connect" between the two.

I got the cargo mat using my Rewards points last week. Most OEM cargo mats I've had conform to the entire shape of the cargo area. This mat does not do that, and leaves the pockets and the very edges of the side of the cargo area exposed. It's also an insanely tight fit. The last mat I had for a cargo area with pockets had pockets built into it that just fit right in and resulted in a completely covered cargo area, and you could easily drop it in or lift it out. Had I actually paid money for this mat, I would've been disappointed. As it is, it was covered entirely by my Rewards, so I guess it'll work fine, just a little disappointed in the design.

Speaking of rewards points, how long after they get used do they leave your account? It's been a week now, and I'm still showing the 22,000 in my account.
I'm a little confused, the fit is tight, but there are gaps on the side? Can you elaborate or provide pictures of what you're referring to?

I agree, I wish the cargo mat had the side pockets incorporated in as well.
Sponsored

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm a little confused, the fit is tight, but there are gaps on the side? Can you elaborate or provide pictures of what you're referring to?

I agree, I wish the cargo mat had the side pockets incorporated in as well.
Sorry, I meant that it's a tight fit against the rear seats and opening of the hatch. It leaves a small gap on the left and right side if you center it (in my pic it's currently not centered, I have it flush against the left side). Not a huge deal, just that and the lack of coverage of the pockets make it seem like not a lot of care went into the design. It'll do though, especially for free. It's just bound to be a pain when I have to access the area below it.

You can also see in my photo that the end of it popped up onto the plastic lip after I'd managed to stuff it below there a few days ago (I fixed it, haven't checked to see if it popped up again). Maybe I am doing it wrong, but other OEM mats I've had before I've been able to just lay in the cargo area and they are automatically snug like a puzzle piece. This one fought me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E OEM All Weather Floor & Cargo Mat cargomat

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just went out and checked, it has stayed put since this morning ... but now I notice that it's such a tight fit that it is leaving an indention in the back of my seats. This can't possibly be how it's supposed to fit, can it?

Edit: OK, I think I see what Ford did here ... if I lower the cargo floor, it fits perfectly, and covers the small gap near the seats that is created when you lower the floor ... and it also explains why there are no pockets, since the mat now lays below the area where the pockets are. Seems odd to have to lower the floor to make it fit properly, but I am fine with it. I just hope those creases go away!

Ford Mustang Mach-E OEM All Weather Floor & Cargo Mat cargomat2

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I just went out and checked, it has stayed put since this morning ... but now I notice that it's such a tight fit that it is leaving an indention in the back of my seats. This can't possibly be how it's supposed to fit, can it?

Ford Mustang Mach-E OEM All Weather Floor & Cargo Mat cargomat2
@ChasingCoral suggested that I lower the floor down to the next setting and then the rear cargo mat fit much better. ?

I agree that it doesn't seem right when in the upper position.....?

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@ChasingCoral suggested that I lower the floor down to the next setting and then the rear cargo mat fit much better. ?

I agree that it doesn't seem right when in the upper position.....?
Thanks! Oddly enough I just stumbled on to that solution myself a few minutes ago when I was out observing the cargo area without the mat, trying to figure out what the hell Ford intended. With the floor lowered it's a perfect fit, and I'll just leave it that way unless I absolutely need the hidden room.

OP
OP
Eraser

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! Oddly enough I just stumbled on to that solution myself a few minutes ago when I was out observing the cargo area without the mat, trying to figure out what the hell Ford intended. With the floor lowered it's a perfect fit, and I'll just leave it that way unless I absolutely need the hidden room.
As I was reading your other post and saw the picture that is exactly what I was going to suggest. Great minds think alike (clearly since we have literally the EXACT same car ?). Well now I'll know what I'm dealing with out of the gate when I get mine, thanks for providing the pics and feedback ?.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I picked the OEM mats up from Tasca parts. Cheaper than Ford and I had zero points when I bought them.

And as mentioned, if you want the cargo mat to fit precisely, the floor needs to be in the lowest position.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eraser

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I picked the OEM mats up from Tasca parts. Cheaper than Ford snd I had zero points when I bought them.
Nice! I sure as hell would have looked elsewhere if it wasn't for the rewards points. Those prices are highway robbery ? .

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Silver
Country flag
How to adjust the floor in the trunk? Thanks.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I picked the OEM mats up from Tasca parts. Cheaper than Ford and I had zero points when I bought them.

And as mentioned, if you want the cargo mat to fit precisely, the floor needs to be in the lowest position.
although I didn't think it was at all clear when I got them, the instruction sheet that comes with the mats actually does tell you to use the lower position. I am not able to go get it right now and I'm not even sure I kept the sheet, but there is a picture or something telling you.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How to adjust the floor in the trunk? Thanks.
It lifts out in the upper position. Grab the back end, slide it back and up a bit to avoid scratching your bumper. There are some tabs you’ll see after you remove the floor. Slide the floor back in so it’s below those tabs.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
although I didn't think it was at all clear when I got them, the instruction sheet that comes with the mats actually does tell you to use the lower position. I am not able to go get it right now and I'm not even sure I kept the sheet, but there is a picture or something telling you.
Instructions? In-struct-shons?

Never heard of it. Is that a village in the Tyrol region of Austria? Or did you make up that word?
Sponsored