Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
😂 Yikes. They can't even manage to get a single extended range AWD vehicle under $55k. Tesla is going to absolutely murder Ford sales in cold weather markets. A standard range AWD MME will get like 100 miles of range on a full charge here in Minnesota. 😂

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
For those who have seen my chart in other posts where I talk about being driven to the Tesla, here's the chart with the new stats.

Not sure what happens to the PCO so I guessed it would drop from $6k to about $3k, but I calculated Full PCO, Half PCO, and No PCO in the new chart.

The real apples to apples comparison should probably be the MME-ER to the MY-LR, but since the MME-ER is not tax credit eligible and the MY-SR is not for sale, I compared the MM-SR to the MY-LR in this table. (Also worth noting, many have pointed out that Tesla cheats on range stats.)

Bottom line, I haven't decided which car I am walking away from and have to go back to test drive again. Tesla was OUT originally, but the price change has it all up in the air. The complicating factor is the amount of trust in Ford that was burned over the last year. That may seal the deal.

New Mach-E Price Chart.png
Also worth pointing out, Edmunds real-world tested ranges. It was 2021, but they haven't gone too far in either direction. Assuming the MME they tested is an AWD (which these numbers are close to at 224 instead of 240-something), this is a claim of 224 vs a claim of 330... yielding an actual of 264 vs 316. That's a spread of 106 in listed range but 52 in actual range. Food for thought. Doesn't put fast charges all over the place for the MME, but for home charges and infrequent road trippers its handy to know.

2021 MY Long Range.png

21 MME Range.png

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
😂 Yikes. They can't even manage to get a single extended range AWD vehicle under $55k. Tesla is going to absolutely murder Ford sales in cold weather markets. A standard range AWD MME will get like 100 miles of range on a full charge here in Minnesota. 😂
That's fine with me.
I live in So Calif and we don't have range losses in the winter.

My SR Lightning is getting 15-25% more range than EPA all year around - even now.

My incoming MME will be standard range and I expect the same increase or more since it's more aerodynamic than my flying EV F150 brick.

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
Also worth pointing out, Edmunds real-world tested ranges. It was 2021, but they haven't gone too far in either direction. Assuming the MME they tested is an AWD (which these numbers are close to at 224 instead of 240-something), this is a claim of 224 vs a claim of 330... yielding an actual of 264 vs 316. That's a spread of 106 in listed range but 52 in actual range. Food for thought. Doesn't put fast charges all over the place for the MME, but for home charges and infrequent road trippers its handy to know.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Official: Ford cuts 2023 Mach-E pricing 🔻 and increasing production 🔺! 21 MME Range

Ford Mustang Mach-E Official: Ford cuts 2023 Mach-E pricing 🔻 and increasing production 🔺! 21 MME Range
Note, sounds like cold weather is a whole different ballpark. Would love to see a test in that setting...

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
I think you’re being a little extreme. One of the reasons the ME sold out early on is because a Premium eAWD XT with a 7500 tax incentive was an absolutely insane deal. I should know… I capitalized on it and would do so again in a heartbeat

The tax incentive makes it a no brainer. No tax incentive makes it simply a reasonable price.

MachE is a superior car and better bang for your buck in nearly 98% of driving scenarios. Seriously, how often are you road-tripping your ME? That’s about the only situation where the MY has any advantage.

At current prices, I would chose my ME again without thinking twice.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

I disagree and here is what the article says.
“We are not going to cede ground to anyone."

Only Tesla has really cut prices so if no one cuts prices to below IRA, why does Ford need to? Every article I've seen about this mentions the price war soon to come and it was done due to Tesla's actions. You may not like that the ER is above $55k, but Ford simply has higher costs. If it was only done with regards to the IRA, they would have cut the ER too, but that cut was small.

If someone wants ER, they can just buy what they want if they have the $$, they don't have to go to Tesla neither.

This comment also goes against what Tesla did to buyers who bought in Dec and very late Dec and the Ford rep mentioned it specifically:
"
Existing Mustang Mach-E customers awaiting delivery of their vehicle will automatically receive the adjusted price and for customers with a sale date after Jan. 1, 2023, and already have their Mustang Mach-E, Ford will reach out directly.

“Part of our mission at Ford is to treat customers like family,” said Gjaja. "We want our customers to know they made the right decision by choosing a Mustang Mach-E, and we’ll continue to play a proactive role in doing the right thing for those joining the Ford family.”
"

It's ok, we can disagree though. :)

maktas1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Focus Electric
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The price on the Select Model is the same at $56,995 but the software activation is higher at $2500. I believe it used to be $1900. I also noticed the interest rate being offer is 1% higher than on the other trims.

The Premium Model now starts at $64,995 which may make it qualify for the Ontario EV incentives of $5000 off (After Tax). They also lowered the cost to upgrade to AWD
Wait what? "software activation"?

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Look at how many buyers there are in Minnesota (15k vs. 563k in CA):
https://afdc.energy.gov/data/10962

Add CA, FL, TX, WA and you pretty much have more EVs than every single other state combined.

Range is important, but honestly, a lot of folks won't use them for long trips because even if you had long range, the charging network isn't that good. Take the ICE if you have one. Stop for 5 minutes, faster than supercharging or Korean brands too.

EVnewbie3000

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Should bring back RWD CA rt 1, make it 54995. Qualify for tax credit. Will be best selling trim

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Help me understand.

I can now buy an MME Premium AWD for about $55k and qualify for the tax credit. That car has a standard range battery, which gets about 220 miles on a full charge.

A $55k MYLR costs about the same, qualifies for the tax credit, and the range is 330 miles.

Why would someone jump at the MME over the MYLR based on price?
Because it doesn’t look like a potato on wheels!

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Look at how many buyers there are in Minnesota (15k vs. 563k in CA):
https://afdc.energy.gov/data/10962

Add CA, FL, TX, WA and you pretty much have more EVs than every single other state combined.

Range is important, but honestly, a lot of folks won't use them for long trips because even if you had long range, the charging network isn't that good. Take the ICE if you have one. Stop for 5 minutes, faster than supercharging or Korean brands too.
This Minnesota buyer can’t wait to get one of these babies!
Sponsored