Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius, Porsche Macan, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Cubicle hamster
Country flag
The Select is a absolute bargain with the tax credit just like the ID4 with the tax credit. In my mind, those EVs are the best bang for most people’s bucks.

Just imagine if Hyundai and Kia decided to jump into the EV price wars. Things would get crazy.
I would argue at 2022 pricing it was, though with AWD and w/o the ability to order the extended battery some of us would have range concerns.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The ineligibility for the tax credit in the highest volume trim is a big problem for Ford.
If by trim you mean battery size, I whole heartedly agree. The original specs for the Cali RT1 were RWD, no heated seats/steering wheel, no power trunk, cheaper stereo, and some other small feature cuts. The RT1 was essentially a Select with ER battery, and priced accordingly. They need to go back to offering that packaging to stay competitive with the Y from a tax incentive perspective. If they don't, all those extra Mach-E's they plan to build will be sitting on lots

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Help me understand.

I can now buy an MME Premium AWD for about $55k and qualify for the tax credit. That car has a standard range battery, which gets about 220 miles on a full charge.

A $55k MYLR costs about the same, qualifies for the tax credit, and the range is 330 miles.

Why would someone jump at the MME over the MYLR based on price?

Ford can't compete with the < $55k Model Y, go buy that if that's what you like more. Tesla's advertised ranges are normally higher than real world use case from every test/article/review done. You can find/look that up. Some Ford Mach-Es can go up to 344 (CA Rte 1).

JWPortland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e 4x
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Press Release:

FORD TO SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASE PRODUCTION OF MUSTANG MACH-E IN 2023, REDUCES PRICES ACROSS THE BOARD

JAN 30, 2023 | DEARBORN

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 30, 2023 – With its new EV supply chain coming online, Ford is significantly increasing production of the Mustang Mach-E this year to help reduce customer wait times and to take advantage of streamlined costs to reduce prices across the board, making Mustang Mach-E even more accessible to customers and keeping it competitive in the marketplace.

The production increase is a key part of the Ford+ Plan, underscoring the company’s commitment to lead the EV revolution by increasing the value of its EVs for customers, continuing to position Mustang Mach-E as a compelling option for those looking for an electric SUV, and growing market share. Ford already offers EV customers a full-size truck, SUV and van – and has secured the batteries and raw material to scale production of all these models in 2023.

Mustang Mach-E delivers the 0-60 thrills with an available EPA-estimated 300+ mile range1 and zero tailpipe emissions. It is available with BlueCruise hands-free driving on more than 130,000 miles of highway and can be updated through over-the-air Ford Power-Up software updates. All Ford EV customers also have access to more than 79,000 charging plugs and growing through the BlueOval Charge™ Network, North America’s largest public charging network.2

Almost all of Mustang Mach-E’s growth to date is incremental to the brand with two-thirds of Mustang Mach-E customers coming from competitor brands.

The Mustang Mach-E was the No. 3 EV model in the U.S. in 2022 and the updated pricing is part of Ford's plan to keep the SUV competitive in a rapidly changing market, while strengthening Ford’s position as the No. 2 U.S. EV manufacturer as it continues to scale that part of the business.

“We are not going to cede ground to anyone. We are producing more EVs to reduce customer wait times, offering competitive pricing and working to create an ownership experience that is second to none,” said Marin Gjaja, Chief Customer Officer, Ford Model e. “Our customers are at the center of everything we do – as we continue to build thrilling and exciting electric vehicles, we will continue to push the boundaries to make EVs more accessible for everybody.”

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 5.51.36 AM.jpg

MSRP excludes destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge.

Existing Mustang Mach-E customers awaiting delivery of their vehicle will automatically receive the adjusted price and for customers with a sale date after Jan. 1, 2023, and already have their Mustang Mach-E, Ford will reach out directly.

“Part of our mission at Ford is to treat customers like family,” said Gjaja. "We want our customers to know they made the right decision by choosing a Mustang Mach-E, and we’ll continue to play a proactive role in doing the right thing for those joining the Ford family.”

In addition to adjusted pricing, on Mustang Mach-E vehicles ordered between Jan. 30 and April 3, 2023, Ford Credit will be offering special rates as low as 5.34%.

“This is a natural companion to the new Mach-E pricing,” said Craig Carrington, Ford Credit executive vice president for North America. “The offer is straightforward and competitive, enabling customers to lock in today’s rates, even if rates go up between order and delivery.”
I took delivery of my Premium 4X in 2021. The MSRP was $54,700 then . Ford raised the MSRP to $66275, and now lowered it to the new MSRP of $60,995.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I just take this as confirmation that I was correct about MY23 being way over priced.

Our MY22 with the $7500 credit was the correct price.

I think it was more that the MY was insanely overpriced when they jacked it up by $20k from like $50k in 2021 to $68k in 2022. Ford is merely responding to Tesla and had little/no choice. Ford's margins on these weren't that great unlike Tesla which has a lot more margin.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Who cares why they did it? It did say that people who have already got their '23s can get in on this, too! I don't understand all the moaning. I had to compromise on my color and forgo AWD for the rebate. Now I can have what I want (Premium, Rapid Red, AWD) and still come in under the 55K limit for a rebate, even if the rebate is only $3,750. Sounds good to me! I'm headed to my dealer today to update my order since I do not have a VIN or a build date yet. Now I have to update my icon!

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I picked mine last week. I wonder how they gonna handle the price difference. Because if it was above 55K MSRP, does the price difference gonna apply gonna change the sale price so people can qualify with the new tax code?
Did you get yours with a model year transition PCO applied?

You should get the price difference back on yours - contact your dealer first and if they say it's Ford corporate that will send out checks - then contact FoMoCo.

For the tax credit, the window sticker (less D&D) is what IRS sees - not what you paid nor what rebates or incentives you got.

Mine shows $56,275 less $1300 D&D which is under the max $55K.

Wonder when the new '23 with lower prices window stickers will start....

EVandSolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV, Tesla M3, Ioniq PHEV(daughter)
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
So, it looks like this gets most configurations of the Mach-E under the $55k threshold, which is a good thing for those interested in the Ford. However, both the Model Y and Mach-E should be counted as a SUVs and fit under the $80k requirement. It's a shame our government is so shortsighted to hamstring the appeal of the two best selling American-made EVs. It's dumb.
I agreed with your thoughts on the issue at first when MY and Mach-e were not considered as SUV. However, now that I've had time to think about it, and see what the result is, I think this was a brilliant move!

Here's the thing. We are using other peoples tax money to incentivize the purchase and adoption of *affordable* EV's. Sorry, but over $55k and over $80k is just out of touch with reality and definitely *not* affordable for the average consumer.

The upside is that this forced Tesla's hand to lower their pricing up to $13k. Along with the tax rebate, this has lowered the cost of the MY long range by $20k. In turn, this is forcing competitors(hello Ford) to lower prices. In turn, this will *drastically* reduce the cost of used EV's. 2-3 year old used Tesla's were going for $45-$60k. Well, a brand new one is $45k now. By the same token, who on earth is going to buy a $45k Hyundai/Kia/Etc. now with only 240-260 miles range and crap charging network? Who on earth is going to buy a used 220 mile range $45k Mach-e? This will force used EV prices down into the $30-$35k range IMO. This in turn will drive the cost of used ICE cars down. In the end, this is a HUGE win for the consumer and will actually and drastically, reduce inflation i.e. IRA!

Reclassifying the Mach-E or MY as an SUV in order to keep jacking up ridiculously high prices even higher would have been a terrible idea.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag

You should get the price difference back on yours - contact your dealer first and if they say it's Ford corporate that will send out checks - then contact FoMoCo.

For the tax credit, the window sticker (less D&D) is what IRS sees - not what you paid nor what rebates or incentives you got.

The window sticker doesn’t matter too much. It’s the MSRP on the purchase agreement which will get updated for cars that have an old window sticker. That user will be out of luck unfortunately with the tax credit but at least will capture some of the ford rebate.

sdevfan

First Name
Sudhir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Nice that Ford is begrudgingly dropping the price, taking Tesla's lead again. Can't Ford do anything first?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
The window sticker doesn’t matter too much. It’s the MSRP on the purchase agreement which will get updated for cars that have an old window sticker. That user will be out of luck unfortunately with the tax credit but at least will capture some of the ford rebate.
Strange - when I go to retrieve my window sticker on my incoming MME, I get this message.

WTH?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Official: Ford cuts 2023 Mach-E pricing 🔻 and increasing production 🔺! Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 11.14.57 AM

Mezoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium RWD SR order
Country flag

No, mine was 2023 from the start.
Sponsored