ZeApelido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Ford has an entire diversified arsenal of hybrid and ICE vehicles to offer. Tesla has all its eggs in one basket and has pissed off a larger number of existing owners with their price cuts than Ford has.

Tesla also has an erratic CEO that's been revealed to be a bit of a dickbag in regards to his treatment of Twitter employees. Their stock heights revolved a lot about expectations of him, and he's certainly done his part to destroy the myth of his boundless genius.
Tesla has pissed off very few owners as barely anyone actually purchased the cars at the super inflated prices listed in the 2nd half of last year. This was verfied in earnings reports as ASPs did not move up as much as expected.

All eggs in one basket sounds risky, but at this point it seems difficult to find a way to stop the EV transition as even the government is financially pushing for it.

Barely profitable ICE vehicles sales aren't good for diversification in that sense - Ford makes most of their money in the financing of ICE vehicles. There will be financial issues if those residual values drop.
Sponsored

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Look at how many buyers there are in Minnesota (15k vs. 563k in CA):
https://afdc.energy.gov/data/10962

Add CA, FL, TX, WA and you pretty much have more EVs than every single other state combined.

Range is important, but honestly, a lot of folks won't use them for long trips because even if you had long range, the charging network isn't that good. Take the ICE if you have one. Stop for 5 minutes, faster than supercharging or Korean brands too.
Thanks for helping me make my point. Ford, unfortunately, will lose market share to Minnesota residents that want enough range to get them from one city to the next or from "The Twin Cities" to their friends lake house. The standard range MME doesn't offer enough juice to get a city slicker up to their cabin family. The tesla does.

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

Brian M

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach e Premium (ordered)
Country flag
I picked mine last week. I wonder how they gonna handle the price difference. Because if it was above 55K MSRP, does the price difference gonna apply gonna change the sale price so people can qualify with the new tax code?
Excellent question. Picked mine up last Friday, it now falls below $55k but the sticker is what the sticker is. Is this a rebate or lowering of msrp for IRS reporting purposes. Bigger question is will Ford give us $ or a voucher rebate for a new Ford vehicle. I like the car, knew what the price was and what else was out there and still went though with purchase. For me would do it again regardless of $ change.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks for helping me make my point. Ford, unfortunately, will lose market share to Minnesota residents that want enough range to get them from one city to the next or from "The Twin Cities" to their friends lake house. The standard range MME doesn't offer enough juice to get a city slicker up to their cabin family. The tesla does.

Yes, but as a business, it's a losing proposition honestly to cater to such a small segment of the population (Minnesota has the EV regs of 2% of CA). If you see youtube videos, there are enough problems with charging networks that even if they offered a ER at lower cost, you are very likely to run into issues still.

I'd say just buy the Tesla if that's needed (charging frequently on the road). I'd recommend that for anyone who seriously needs the charging network on very frequent road trips. No one other than Tesla can really do it that well honestly and it's not even a range problem from videos I see.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Yes, but as a business, it's a losing proposition honestly to cater to such a small segment of the population (Minnesota has the EV regs of 2% of CA). If you see youtube videos, there are enough problems with charging networks that even if they offered a ER at lower cost, you are very likely to run into issues still.

I'd say just buy the Tesla if that's needed (charging frequently on the road). I'd recommend that for anyone who seriously needs the charging network on very frequent road trips. No one other than Tesla can really do it that well honestly and it's not even a range problem from videos I see.
I agree and it's unfortunate that ford can't get a single extended range Mach e below $55k

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If someone got converted from a 22 to 23, got X plan and the private offer…….. will they get the MSRP difference credited back?

Actually asking for a friend. He took delivery this month.

Geniusk24

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach E Select AWD, 2012 Subaru Legacy
Country flag
Wait what? "software activation"?
Yes. The 360 degree camera on the 2023 Select Model only comes with a 90 day trial. You need to pay to activate it but I seen some people on another forum stating they have extended the trial until further notice. The software also includes Highway assist. This only applies to the Select Model.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Extended range PLUS AWD. They are so far off the mark, it’s pitiful.
Why would Ford change their pricing to qualify high end price EVs when it fits the needs of regular middle income folks ?

Case in point: Ford Lightning EV truck with SR batteries qualifies.
But not the ER for the $80K max.

I think it's perfect to qualify those that are middle income folks - not the super rich people that don't really need a tax credit for buying $90K or $100K EV truck.

I am getting a Premium base RWD and think that's all I need - don't need the speed, power or range.

It will be my lowly, everyday commuter vehicle.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
It’s because the Model Y will be 45K after the rebate which it’s qualified for. It has 330 miles of range which helps with the predominant range anxiety all of us( including us middle income folks) have AND it has AWD which makes for a more safe vehicle in colder climates. Add to that Teslas 10+ years of experience, as well as charging network, and you have such a bargain, one would be a moron to pass it up. 45K vs 57K. No brainer. Don’t take my word for it. Watch the sales over 5he next couple of months.
OMG - a Tesla fanboi needs to hang out at the Tesla fanboi forum. 🤮

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
You are right. Charging is a real problem. EA used to give free charging sessions when chargers had network connection problem. During the past weekend, an EA charging station had network connection problem and the app would not conclude the session. We couldn't initiate a new charging sessions at another station 100 miles away. We had to call the support line and wasted 20 minutes. The rep. had to close the previous session.

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
First-time poster here. I have been considering a Select AWD for the last few months. I see the price cuts for the Select were not as significant as other models. It is a little disappointing, but I understand it was probably unrealistic to believe that the base model would get reduced significantly. I had a few questions regarding the 2023 Select if any members would be willing to answer them:

- Is the subscription Ford offers for Blue Cruise-only? Or is it necessary for the 360 degree camera?
- Is blind-spot monitoring possible without the 360 degree camera?
- Are there parking sensors? If so, are these active without the 360 degree camera?
- Does anyone know the actual specifications of the audio-system in the Select (speaker, wattage, etc.)?

I would be grateful if anyone could help answer these questions. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: EVS

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
No such discussion. I think I missed that timeline, ordering in 2021 and taking delivery in 2022.
I see, you placed your order just after the 12/8/21 price increase. (My 2022 order was Premium AWD ER, $2000 price increase the day after my order, but I'm still waiting for the refund.)

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Help me understand.

I can now buy an MME Premium AWD for about $55k and qualify for the tax credit. That car has a standard range battery, which gets about 220 miles on a full charge.

A $55k MYLR costs about the same, qualifies for the tax credit, and the range is 330 miles.

Why would someone jump at the MME over the MYLR based on price?
The driver will be constantly looking at the driver display and enjoy a quieter cabin and a better look (subjective). But he may rarely drive over 200 miles and may have other cars for long distances. So it is (feature) times (percentage of time one uses it). :D

Also claimed EPA range vs. real highway range.
Sponsored

Last edited: