buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
First-time poster here. I have been considering a Select AWD for the last few months. I see the price cuts for the Select were not as significant as other models. It is a little disappointing, but I understand it was probably unrealistic to believe that the base model would get reduced significantly. I had a few questions regarding the 2023 Select if any members would be willing to answer them:

- Is the subscription Ford offers for Blue Cruise-only? Or is it necessary for the 360 degree camera?
- Is blind-spot monitoring possible without the 360 degree camera?
- Are there parking sensors? If so, are these active without the 360 degree camera?
- Does anyone know the actual specifications of the audio-system in the Select (speaker, wattage, etc.)?

I would be grateful if anyone could help answer these questions. Thanks in advance.
Not sure on blue cruise as it has never interested me, to get the 360 camera with it on the GTPE ford forced you to option the glass roof at the time :( and I do not do glass roofs. The 360 camera normally gets bundled with the eye tracking needed for blue cruise.

The blind spot monitoring uses the rear parking sensors so does not need the cameras. The parking sensors are also active without a 360 camera. The display will show lines around the car that go from green to yellow to red the closer you get. Not sure if you get the front with the select or just the rear.

As to if you really want blue-cruise / 360 camera that is something you will have to decide. As said I had zero interest in blue-cruise the 360 camera would have been useful but IMO as 360 cameras go the quality of it is very, very basic compared to what you expect with today 360 cameras in regards to not just features but also resolution so it has not been something I feel miffed about not optioning, others may find not having one a deal breaker.
Sponsored

ryi0205

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD XR Space White
Country flag
I received an update to my 2023 order with the new msrp. All aligns with the msrp changes noted here. It does appear that D&D is now $1,500 from $1,300, so it’s gone up again with the reduction in msrp.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Makes me wonder if Chevy will lower the Blazer ev pricing before release.
Do they need to?

Seems the Blazer first year was all presold with no expectations of a tax credit at the time.

We shall see how the competition follows suit though if orders get cancelled.

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
It’s because the Model Y will be 45K after the rebate which it’s qualified for. It has 330 miles of range which helps with the predominant range anxiety all of us( including us middle income folks) have AND it has AWD which makes for a more safe vehicle in colder climates. Add to that Teslas 10+ years of experience, as well as charging network, and you have such a bargain, one would be a moron to pass it up. 45K vs 57K. No brainer. Don’t take my word for it. Watch the sales over 5he next couple of months. Tesla( SpaceX)is putting men on the moon and eventually mars. Ford is putting themselves out of business in the EV space. Lol
I’m not a hardcore religious believer in either. Just a guy who looked at the comparison evenly in search of a deal. Before the Ford hike and the Tesla cut I was MME on a narrow tie breaker. After the Tesla cut and tax credit news I rushed $250 down on a MY. But since Ford matched… it’s pretty close again. If I get half my current PCO, I’m way ahead. (Full PCO would be insane and probably ain’t gonna happen.) It really just comes down to a few things on each side of the scale for me.

Tesla Pro: Charging network, charging speed, cool tech, sentry mode and theft prevention system, minimalist feel, nimble car-like handle, more cabin/storage space, better history as an EV maker and customer service outfit. Biggest pro for me as a large/tall guy is the way my left arm rests on the door. Confidence in brand good for resale.

Tesla Con: Cheap build, lies about range, no dash display, I’m probably taking an ice car on road trips and don’t need the range all that bad day-to-day, interior life expectancy is crap so expect seat covers at some point. Driver assist is $6k extra, or $15k if you’re an idiot. Did I mention cheap build?

MME Pro: Better looking, dash display, real buttons, CarPlay, better build, 360 camera, all self drive features are included on my premium. More head clearance and back seat leg room. QUIETER. Has non-ev-style breaking option for when a spouse/friend drives it.

MME Con: Ford customer service so far is garbage which does not bode well for repairs. Tech is glitchy and way behind, although bluecruise seems to beat Tesla on driver assist according to consumer reports. Smaller range. Huge con for me is the drivers side frame is really uncomfortable on your shoulder if the seat is all the way back, not good for tall people with broad shoulders. I’ll get over it and find a comfortable seating position, but still. No sentry or dog mode. No fun stuff like a Tesla.

Depending on the PCO my price will be somewhere between $45,400 and $51,900 OTD for a MME vs $53,100 for a MY. Most likely the MME will end around $48,500. So $4,500 cheaper for the premium Mach-E.

Do I wish they would find a way to tack on an ER battery for $4500 to make an even comparison and still give me the tax break? Hell yeah. But the big key to remember here: All the real-world testing data shows Tesla batteries have a shorter range in real driving whereas Fords have a longer range. So that 110mi range difference between the MY-LR and the MME-SR is actually… 50 miles. The exception to this is cold climates, where Ford underperforms. (Not a big deal to me where I live.)

In the end we are now back in “how does it feel” and “how important is the charging speed/network” territory. With maybe a little bit of a “build quality vs cool tech” showdown… all of which are a matter of personal choice. I did a long test drive two days ago in a MY. Today I’ve rented a MME. May the best car win!

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
..... If I get half my current PCO, I’m way ahead. (Full PCO would be insane and probably ain’t gonna happen.) It really just comes down to a few things on each side of the scale for me.
I don't understand your statement.

Why would you get half the PCO ?

Why wouldn't you get the entire PCO if the certificate is already tied to your order ?

I am banking on the full PCO plus the $3980 price drop when mine comes in....

Thunderbuck

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
IT Tech
Country flag
Wow, this is interesting. Wonder what they'll do on the F-150 Lightning...

Of course they already were increasing production, nothing new there.
Ford's unlikely to adjust price on the Lightning. Tesla cutting M3/MY prices doesn't affect demand for the Lightning at all.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Ford's unlikely to adjust price on the Lightning. Tesla cutting M3/MY prices doesn't affect demand for the Lightning at all.
Agree, the Lightning has no competition except from Rivian but that's a different type of truck.

Once GM comes out with their full size Silverado EV and Denali EV, there might be some competition.

I have both first minute reservations and both are sold out.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Agree, the Lightning has no competition except from Rivian but that's a different type of truck.

Once GM comes out with their full size Silverado EV and Denali EV, there might be some competition.

I have both first minute reservations and both are sold out.
Clearly I agree on the competition. But - Lightning orders are not being taken by people when they're finally made due to reasons including loss of tax credit. Ford of course does planning for the future, which is why they reacted on the Mach-E. If they sell 2023s F-150Ls to people for X, and then in 2024 get better raw material costs and drop the price for that reason and the tax credit, the 2023 buyers are going to be PO'd. So, I'm sure they're taking that into consideration in their planning.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It’s because the Model Y will be 45K after the rebate which it’s qualified for. It has 330 miles of range which helps with the predominant range anxiety all of us( including us middle income folks) have AND it has AWD which makes for a more safe vehicle in colder climates. Add to that Teslas 10+ years of experience, as well as charging network, and you have such a bargain, one would be a moron to pass it up. 45K vs 57K. No brainer. Don’t take my word for it. Watch the sales over 5he next couple of months. Tesla( SpaceX)is putting men on the moon and eventually mars. Ford is putting themselves out of business in the EV space. Lol
Just buy the Tesla honestly.

I've stated this before, but I think Ford simply can't afford to take the < $55k Tesla MYLR on. Their costs are much much higher than Tesla so they are going to give up all sales in your case that needs the long range (which will still have charging issues on long trips if you watch many youtube videos), like Tesla/Elon, are ok with the Tesla style and how common they are (more than Prius/Corolla), etc...

I'll state again that if you do need the range and care enough about the $$, just buy the Tesla. Tesla will go up again in price after the IRS figure out the battery components material thing I think for the MY, but who knows, Ford might get desperate to move > $55k cars eventually so will cut prices further.

I'd guess you're here for a reason or would have already bought a Tesla, but also note that a lot of the Mach-e's will go further than their stated range from real use cases (while Tesla goes less).

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Just buy the Tesla honestly.
I'd guess you're here for a reason or would have already bought a Tesla, but also note that a lot of the Mach-e's will go further than their stated range from real use cases (while Tesla goes less).
Agree with you!

I don't have range anxiety since I have driven EV for over 5 years.

Tesla's 330 mile claim is not realistic if not hyped up number wise.

As for Ford, they do underrate their range as I have seen with my Lightning.
My Lightning SR gets 15%-25% more range all year around (yes, even now because of the warm climate).

Can't wait for my incoming $34K Premium '23 MME !

Ford Mustang Mach-E Official: Ford cuts 2023 Mach-E pricing 🔻 and increasing production 🔺! Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 6.30.20 PM

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
First-time poster here. I have been considering a Select AWD for the last few months. I see the price cuts for the Select were not as significant as other models. It is a little disappointing, but I understand it was probably unrealistic to believe that the base model would get reduced significantly. I had a few questions regarding the 2023 Select if any members would be willing to answer them:

- Is the subscription Ford offers for Blue Cruise-only? Or is it necessary for the 360 degree camera?
- Is blind-spot monitoring possible without the 360 degree camera?
- Are there parking sensors? If so, are these active without the 360 degree camera?
- Does anyone know the actual specifications of the audio-system in the Select (speaker, wattage, etc.)?

I would be grateful if anyone could help answer these questions. Thanks in advance.
The subscription was initially stated as a trial for the 360 camera, but others here have stated that Ford has extended theirs permanently so I don't know that anyone here can answer that with certainty. The bluecruise is definitely a 3 year subscription.

The blind spot monitoring (BLIS) is separate from the 360 camera and is included free on all models

There are proximity radars on the front and back and a rearview camera on all models

I'm not an audiophile but the stereo sounds fine and is loud enough for me (my route 1 has the same stereo as the select).

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
The subscription was initially stated as a trial for the 360 camera, but others here have stated that Ford has extended theirs permanently so I don't know that anyone here can answer that with certainty. The bluecruise is definitely a 3 year subscription.

The blind spot monitoring (BLIS) is separate from the 360 camera and is included free on all models

There are proximity radars on the front and back and a rearview camera on all models

I'm not an audiophile but the stereo sounds fine and is loud enough for me (my route 1 has the same stereo as the select).
Not to forget but the higher trims have much better headlight (LED) tech.

ZeApelido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Other than "build quality" which is vague, one might also be interested in drivetrain quality.

Tesla Model Y has a 8 year / 120,000 mile drivetrain warranty.

Ford Mach E has a 5 year / 60,000 mile drivetrain warranty.

Ford also had issues with high voltage contacts and had to recall 50,000 Mach Es.

NYSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium AWD SR - Vapor Blue (STILL WAITING!)
Country flag
I don't understand your statement.

Why would you get half the PCO ?

Why wouldn't you get the entire PCO if the certificate is already tied to your order ?

I am banking on the full PCO plus the $3980 price drop when mine comes in....
From your mouth to the Lord's ears!
Sponsored