Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
OK-this might be long thread but I just entered the Forum recently to find out feedback on my situation...many questions...
First- Purchased/Ordered a Mach E 2022 Select in March of 2022.
Secondly-after months of waiting I was told the chip shortage was to my advantage as Ford gave me deal to swap out the 2022 Select for a 2023 Premium -standard battery- for same price. They would put us at the front of the line for delivery. Yeah right.
Thirdly- As of today we are told the VIN number we have is scheduled to arrive in a week. So much for getting the car at end of 2022 with the tax benefit, etc.

So here is questions to group. Anyone have to deal with this tremendous wait time? Should this have taken this long? Father in law put order in for BMW SUV EV in August 2022- delivered 2 weeks ago( kinda like Tesla turn around?) Did the dealership potentially get the VIN we ordered, sold by year end 22 and we were given another car?
We are now facing no perk to the government 7,500 even with this reduced pricing.( all the added cost to the MSRP) If we buy car and try to sell who might want to buy at a price, even with the 2022 Select original price point for + NYS tax, with this reduced price Ford is dropping to?
So many frustrations... Any input-feedback would be appreciated. Probably will have to walk away...
Yes, I am in a similar situation.

'22 order turned into '23 with PCO.

Over 10 months wait (40 weeks).

Built in December - waiting for train ride from Mexico to US.

Delivery ETA dates keep slipping - now mid February.

If it does not make it by the time the IRS rules on the battery, I may walk away from:
$10,500 discount
$2000 Options
$7500 tax credit
$2000 state rebate
Sponsored

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Get the "cant change the past" but almost a year for delivery??
I have seen lots of posts about long delivery, the car was heavily pre ordered

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
OK-this might be long thread but I just entered the Forum recently to find out feedback on my situation...many questions...
First- Purchased/Ordered a Mach E 2022 Select in March of 2022.
Secondly-after months of waiting I was told the chip shortage was to my advantage as Ford gave me deal to swap out the 2022 Select for a 2023 Premium -standard battery- for same price. They would put us at the front of the line for delivery. Yeah right.
Thirdly- As of today we are told the VIN number we have is scheduled to arrive in a week. So much for getting the car at end of 2022 with the tax benefit, etc.

So here is questions to group. Anyone have to deal with this tremendous wait time? Should this have taken this long? Father in law put order in for BMW SUV EV in August 2022- delivered 2 weeks ago( kinda like Tesla turn around?) Did the dealership potentially get the VIN we ordered, sold by year end 22 and we were given another car?
We are now facing no perk to the government 7,500 even with this reduced pricing.( all the added cost to the MSRP) If we buy car and try to sell who might want to buy at a price, even with the 2022 Select original price point for + NYS tax, with this reduced price Ford is dropping to?
So many frustrations... Any input-feedback would be appreciated. Probably will have to walk away...
Besides the wait If it arrives before March you will get it cheaper than anyone has ever gotten a new one

Dean 01BIG

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Project Coordinator
Country flag

If it does not make it by the time the IRS rules on the battery, I may walk away from:
$10,500 discount
$2000 Options
$7500 tax credit
$2000 state rebate
Ughh... Love this car too

ryi0205

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD XR Space White
Country flag
I heard the D&D charge went up $200 to $1500 ?

Is that for new builds or?

I see your revised window sticker at $1300....
I’m at the dealership now. My salesman informed me that he made a mistake, that for cars already here, the D&D stays the same at $1300. I assume it’s going up to $1500 for new orders.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I’m at the dealership now. My salesman informed me that he made a mistake, that for cars already here, the D&D stays the same at $1300. I assume it’s going up to $1500 for new orders.
Thanks for that!

Hope your purchase goes well !

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
I’m similar. 2022 Select with Comfort/Tech. Switched to 2023 Premium and got a $6k PCO. With the PCO and premium switch, i slowed stuff down. Got built last week of Dec 2022. Alas, I miss the old tax credit. But there’s a new tax credit!! …only I do t qualify because my move to premium creates a sticker over $55k, even though I’m paying less than that with my PCO. Now I have this PCO but it’s off a higher price and I lose the credit. Tesla drops prices. I order a Tesla. To hell with Ford. Will the Tesla make it by March? Who knows. If not, I’m buying an ICE car. But wait… Ford drops prices too! I’m under $55k. Because I don’t make $300k between my wife and I, I get the credit. Plus the price went down. AND I may still have the PCO! Ford is looking good. Tesla still has better range, but it might not make it by March (when I likely lose my tax credit… again). Now it’s kind of a “which car do you prefer“ race at this point. Or a which car arrives before March.

Stuff you may not know as a forum newbie:
1) Credit appears to be MSRP NOT counting delivery. So at the new price a SR Premium is eligible.
2) You have until March on the credit. If mine makes it here from Kansas City in a month, I’m good.
3) If your family makes more than $300k you shouldn’t be here for advice. We should be asking you for advice on stuff. Go buy a Polestar.
4) The dealer VERY LIKELY DID NOT get your car, sell it, and get you a new one. You got pulled out of line when they went from 2022 to 2023 so you could confirm that your 2023 was what you wanted. Whether you changed the order or not, you didn’t lose your place in line, you just paused your place as the line moved forward. Hence the delay. That sucked. Probably cost you the 2022 credit.
5) Delivery times are based on allocation. My dealer had sucky allocation. Apparently so did yours. It’s a long complex thing you can read on elsewhere but basically big dealers get lots of cars but have long waiting lists. Small dealers get few cars but have short waiting lists. If you find a big dealer when their list is short your car arrives in literally weeks. Small dealer with a big list… sad trombone. You, like me, chose poorly as that knight dude from Indiana Jones said.

That help?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I’m similar. 2022 Select with Comfort/Tech. Switched to 2023 Premium and got a $6k PCO. With the PCO and premium switch, i slowed stuff down. Got built last week of Dec 2022. Alas, I miss the old tax credit. But there’s a new tax credit!! …only I do t qualify because my move to premium creates a sticker over $55k, even though I’m paying less than that with my PCO. Now I have this PCO but it’s off a higher price and I lose the credit. Tesla drops prices. I order a Tesla. To hell with Ford. Will the Tesla make it by March? Who knows. If not, I’m buying an ICE car. But wait… Ford drops prices too! I’m under $55k. Because I don’t make $300k between my wife and I, I get the credit. Plus the price went down. AND I may still have the PCO! Ford is looking good. Tesla still has better range, but it might not make it by March (when I likely lose my tax credit… again). Now it’s kind of a “which car do you prefer“ race at this point. Or a which car arrives before March.

1) Credit appears to be MSRP NOT counting delivery. So at the new price a SR Premium is eligible.
2) You have until March on the credit. If mine makes it here from Kansas City in a month, I’m good.
3) If your family makes more than $300k you shouldn’t be here for advice. We should be asking you for advice on stuff. Go buy a Polestar.
4) The dealer VERY LIKELY DID NOT get your car, sell it, and get you a new one. You got pulled out of line when they went from 2022 to 2023 so you could confirm that your 2023 was what you wanted. Whether you changed the order or not, you didn’t lose your place in line, you just paused your place as the line moved forward. Hence the delay. That sucked. Probably cost you the 2022 credit.
5) Delivery times are based on allocation. My dealer had sucky allocation. Apparently so did yours. It’s a long complex thing you can read on elsewhere but basically big dealers get lots of cars but have long waiting lists. Small dealers get few cars but have short waiting lists. If you find a big dealer when their list is short your car arrives in literally weeks. Small dealer with a big list… sad trombone. You, like me, chose poorly as that knight dude from Indiana Jones said.

That help?
[/QUOTE]
Wow!
What a race situation you are in!

Love the details - makes me feel a bit better as I am hedging my bet on the ordered MME.

I keep tweeting Ford every day hoping someone takes notice and rushes my 10 month old ordered MME before March.

Wonder if this will help ????
Ford Mustang Mach-E Official: Ford cuts 2023 Mach-E pricing 🔻 and increasing production 🔺! Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 5.52.13 PM

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag

$10,500 discount
$2000 Options
$7500 tax credit
$2000 state rebate
Exact same story but mine is in Kansas. ETA online is Feb 2-21. ETA on Ford chat Feb 9-11,

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag

That help?
Wow!
What a race situation you are in!

Love the details - makes me feel a bit better as I am hedging my bet on the ordered MME.

I keep tweeting Ford every day hoping someone takes notice and rushes my 10 month old ordered MME before March.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Official: Ford cuts 2023 Mach-E pricing 🔻 and increasing production 🔺! Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 5.52.13 PM

[/QUOTE]
I’d rod trip with you if mine was in MX. But mine crossed the border already.

ryi0205

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD XR Space White
Country flag
Thanks for that!

Hope your purchase goes well !
Thanks. Purchase went well, 90 minutes in and out including a test drive. The PCO rebate was used towards my down payment off the new MSRP. Very straight forward.

Hope your car arrives very soon.

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
Thanks. Purchase went well, 90 minutes in and out including a test drive. The PCO rebate was used towards my down payment off the new MSRP. Very straight forward.

Hope your car arrives very soon.
So PCO and new price both happened…

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Get the "cant change the past" but almost a year for delivery??
Yeah it sucks, but really should have zero impact on your decision today.

You can’t reverse the clock and get the credit. Can’t do that on any other car either.

All that matters is if you want to buy the car today at todays price.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

It won’t help unfortunately.

Ford doesn’t sell cars direct to you. They sell them to the dealerships.

There are laws preventing what you’re asking for.

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
That’s an issue with the dealers you were dealing with, not Ford. As independent companies they are free to set the price of the car higher than what the manufacturer has suggested that the retail price be set at. What they were doing was tacking on dealer markup. In some cases those markups were equal to the federal tax credit. For some dealers it was less, and others, significantly more. If you had ordered a car, you were supposed to get it at the MSRP that was in place at the time of the order. A number of unscrupulous dealers chose to ignore that requirement from Ford. I’m sorry that you ran into a shitty dealer.
Agree with your points. But not talking about mark ups. I got at an MSRP order. I still tried to negotiate my trade offer and best deal. My point was prices up (MSRP), tax benefit down, prices down.

I have been in business and marketing in previous jobs and around a long time. This was clearly a tax benefit marketing scheme. It's a numbers game.
Sponsored