Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
During delivery, it's very clear that Ford's systems are awful, and may in fact have different information on them. People expect an Amazon/UPS/FedEx like tracking system, when in fact it's more like "Hey Fred, do you see that car in that parking lot over yonder?"

My 2021 became a 2022, and was made in mid-January, but completed production in early March. It sat in a lot in Mexico for 2 months, following Ford's FILO accounting process - First In, Last Out. In short, it seemed like I was either appointed guardian of the lot and made sure all the stragglers were out, or I was boxed in. Car finally started moving in May 2022, and was delivered in mid-May, just shy of 12 months.

I would not put a lot of faith in any of the information received. The plant was closed at least for January, so if a car wasn't finished one could surmise it sat there. If it gets to the US, there are shortages of trains and trucks. It's not uncommon for it to sit miles from a dealer without moving for a long time.

A few dealers are near the train yards and as standard practice actually pick the cars up there, as mine does here.
Wow, what an ordeal for your MME !

I just don't want to think what the MME is doing sitting in Mexico for 2 months now - will it have flat tire spots, will it have a dead 12V battery, will it get chewed by rats ????

Spoiled by the Lightning I got in 2 weeks on rail immediately shipped after built from MI to CA without a hitch.....

The ironic part is that I ordered both the MME and Lightning at the same week and got the Lightning in 3 months while the MME is going on 11 months..

What a night and day difference!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

I just don't want to think what the MME is doing sitting in Mexico for 2 months now - will it have flat tire spots, will it have a dead 12V battery, will it get chewed by rats ????

Spoiled by the Lightning I got in 2 weeks on rail immediately shipped after built from MI to CA without a hitch.....

The ironic part is that I ordered both the MME and Lightning at the same week and got the Lightning in 3 months while the MME is going on 11 months..

Yup. Clearly shows the difference between a plant producing lower quantities (Lightning), and immediate access to US rail and trucking, vs. a Mexico plant that has to deal more scheduling due to longer distance, etc.

Prior to Covid, vehicles sat in dealer's lots for months and months. Nobody worried about flat tire spots, dead batteries, or rats. Nothing new here.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

A lot of us were also in the camp of supply chain shortages so our cars left the plant, they sat in some wide field for 1-2 months, then were sent back to the plant to finish it off.

I remember my advice and view back then was just stop caring really :)

It didn't stop me from checking that site that's gone now dailu, but told myself It'll show up when it shows up. There's nothing I nor anyone really at Ford can really do about it. A lot less stress that way. :)

If it misses the March cut off, just walk probably and keep the Lightning. With how much you got your Lightning for, I think that's a far more desirable vehicle anyways.

So many options with SUV EVs currently and more soon.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
A lot of us were also in the camp of supply chain shortages so our cars left the plant, they sat in some wide field for 1-2 months, then were sent back to the plant to finish it off.

I remember my advice and view back then was just stop caring really :)

It didn't stop me from checking that site that's gone now dailu, but told myself It'll show up when it shows up. There's nothing I nor anyone really at Ford can really do about it. A lot less stress that way. :)

If it misses the March cut off, just walk probably and keep the Lightning. With how much you got your Lightning for, I think that's a far more desirable vehicle anyways.

So many options with SUV EVs currently and more soon.
Yes, you are correct.
I have resigned myself to just let it ride and see what happens.
Would like to be surprised when it arrives anyway.

My Lightning delivery was so super quick that I got spoiled big time.

In the meantime, my wife is looking at the EV6 and Ioniq 5 EV since they offer cap cost reduction for leases and it's time for her to turn in her 5 year old Honda Clarity PHEV....

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
Sally, you’ve got the PCO. I wouldn’t walk away from your shot at both the credit and the PCO until 11:59:59 on the credit clock. If I were in your shoes and I hadn’t saved enough to buy the thing outright, I’d secure a bank loan now, then set google alerts for news on the tax credit. Track it by the day while you track your MME. If it leaks the credit is gonna drop or the IRS announces they are making an announcement, go to Kia and make an offer on the spot. The credit is more than the PCO. You could also make a move on an inventory MME the same way. There are plenty out there now. I’d also keep in mind that the indications are the MME will meet half the new tax credit guidelines. So your MME at the new price plus the $3750 credit plus the $6500 PCO I’d still better than no PCO and the full credit on another MME or an EV6.

Or just say to hell with em all and go buy an ICE. You can get a 3 year old Macan that’s already done most of its depreciation for less than a new MME or EV6 and save a boat load in the end.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Sally, you’ve got the PCO. I wouldn’t walk away from your shot at both the credit and the PCO until 11:59:59 on the credit clock. If I were in your shoes and I hadn’t saved enough to buy the thing outright, I’d secure a bank loan now, then set google alerts for news on the tax credit. Track it by the day while you track your MME. If it leaks the credit is gonna drop or the IRS announces they are making an announcement, go to Kia and make an offer on the spot. The credit is more than the PCO. You could also make a move on an inventory MME the same way. There are plenty out there now. I’d also keep in mind that the indications are the MME will meet half the new tax credit guidelines. So your MME at the new price plus the $3750 credit plus the $6500 PCO I’d still better than no PCO and the full credit on another MME or an EV6.

Or just say to hell with em all and go buy an ICE. You can get a 3 year old Macan that’s already done most of its depreciation for less than a new MME or EV6 and save a boat load in the end.
Yes, I agree with you !

Another reason the PCO is tying me down to the order: lower interest rates and $2000 Options incentive attached to the incoming MME.

It's funny, I looked into Macans a few years ago and loved the sporty ride, very exciting driving corners, etc...

NYSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium AWD SR - Vapor Blue (STILL WAITING!)
Country flag
I'm still hanging in - almost 11 months since my April 8th order, more than 2 months since my December 22nd build date - for 2 reasons..
1 - I still like the looks of the Mach E better than the 2 other AVAILABLE EV's that I LIKE at this time - the Model 3 or EV6
2 - It's hard to walk away from the dangled PCO. I am going to lease whatever car I get and wouldn't qualify for the tax credit anyway so it's not a consideration. The day that the Mache E is delivered (if ever..) I will get my bottom line lease from the dealer, tell him "be right back" and get a bottom line price from KIA and Tesla, have the real time info and make a decision. Not based solely on monthly payment, but this way I have REAL options.
I hope to be able to give you guys a resolution sooner than later..

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, I agree with you !

Another reason the PCO is tying me down to the order: lower interest rates and $2000 Options incentive attached to the incoming MME.

It's funny, I looked into Macans a few years ago and loved the sporty ride, very exciting driving corners, etc...
ICE Macan is a great car, I am looking forward to seeing their EV version.
Sponsored